New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,197.46
Cadence calls wrote:I’d consider Darnold as a Carr replacement.
He’s got the juice I like, and he’s young enough to apprentice under Gruden.
Yes

Really sad to see these bad franchises kill these young QBs by putting them in extremely difficult situations to succeed in.

Makes them develop all sorts of bad habits that they may never break out of.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 40,882.27
Ugh, couldn’t finish this weeks game.

Darnold telegraphs a pick 6 to start the game

Next drive, scrambling right, Herndon breaks free up the sideline, Darnold doesn’t even look up and scrambles getting smashed at the 1st down marker. Then they fight back, down 17-7 in the red zone, and he throws a lob into double coverage. I have to guess he didn’t see the second guy. Who knows.

Then Becton went down with an injury, I’m guessing shoulder. Once he was ruled out I had no reason to continue watching.
Ok, I had to go back and finish watching this game.

Another pick 6. Two on the day. We have surpassed Sanchez and are now in Full-Geno.

I know this organization and coaching staffs in his short career have done him no favors but damn bro.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,464.42

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,910.78
Full blown Geno hahahaha

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Gaskin(IR), JJax (IR)
WR: Dvnte, ARob, Tee, Aiyuk, Reagor(IR) Agholor / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, JTaylor, Mattsn, Duke
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff / Jonnu/Hurst / Carlson / PHI,CHI
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,505.48
:lol:

I'm sorry, but

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,479.74
OarChambo wrote::lol:

I'm sorry, but

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,972.98
Griffimo wrote:

Can someone explain what the Jets saw from his stint in Miami that would make them hire him as HC? I didn't see anything but I was mainly looking at W & L's which isn't always fair.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,505.48
sctroyfan wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

Can someone explain what the Jets saw from his stint in Miami that would make them hire him as HC? I didn't see anything but I was mainly looking at W & L's which isn't always fair.

Tacos.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,464.42
sctroyfan wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
The Jets have an idiotic hierarchy where the GM and the coach report to the owner independently.

The Johnsons have a hard on for Peyton Manning so when they called him up, Peyton recommended Gase (I assume through a gaggle of giggles)

Macgaggnan was the GM then so he threw a hissy fit that they didn't hire who he wanted (Matt Rhule). He went out of his way to screw Gase by getting him players he didn't want - see Le'Veon.

Then Gase cried to the Johnsons, having the backing of Peyton, so they fired Mac after free agency and the draft.

Enter Douglas, who knows this is a dysfunctional mess but the Jets offer him a deal he can't refuse and give him 6 years to turn it around.

The ONLY hope I have is Douglas can convince the Johnson's to let him hire who he wants as coach and have that coach report to Douglas like it should be. If the Johnson's consult with Peyton, or Casserly or someone else not qualified yet again before hiring a coach, I will finally be done with this organization for good. This is my last GM.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 310.76
The Jets fan base is easily the most delusional in the league. Just go back and read the posts from when Gase was first hired. All the same guys who were happy with the hire are now saying they can't believe they are this bad. Didn't matter most people thought it was a terrible move and that the front office was dysfunctional.
Jets Twitter/Reddit said it was great, so it must have been right? :F
endzoneview wrote:Baby steps

First step is to go 7-9 which Gase is perfect for. The trick will be improving from there.

This was from Jan 2019, Page 3 - nailed it

Obviously the second part is proving trickier :lol:
My end of the season rant from December last year -

endzoneview wrote:if Tannehill's resurgence isn't an indictment against Gase, surely the Dolphins season is

There was actually a swell of Gase apologists flooding twitter over the 3 game win streak but most beat writers remained steadfast in seeing Gase for the charlatan that he is.

If this dumb team makes good on their public promise to keep Gase as head coach next season, this team will be going nowhere fast. This team gave TWO teams that were tanking their first wins of the season. It's a debacle. This team has it's fair share of personnel issues, but so does every other team. The difference is coaching.

see Tomlin on his 3rd string QB yet having his team in position for the playoffs.

I rather enjoyed re-reading that one :D
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,052.52
GranolaJoe wrote:The Jets fan base is easily the most delusional in the league. Just go back and read the posts from when Gase was first hired. All the same guys who were happy with the hire are now saying they can't believe they are this bad. Didn't matter most people thought it was a terrible move and that the front office was dysfunctional.
Jets Twitter/Reddit said it was great, so it must have been right? :F

The jets fan base is easily the most delusional ?

What?...?