Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 72095
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 313,771.23
Mad_Puppy wrote:Time to kill this thread.....Minshew looked so aweful on national TV, the Jags are already making plans for the #1 pick in the 2021 Draft......


They were making those plans before the season started
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
Great White Shark
Posts: 3981
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 21,037.68
Budmonsan wrote:
Mad_Puppy wrote:Time to kill this thread.....Minshew looked so aweful on national TV, the Jags are already making plans for the #1 pick in the 2021 Draft......


They were making those plans before the season started


Perhaps, but I don't know if it's that's cut and dry.

A lot of the moves they made that made people assume they were tanking looks a lot better now that we've seen how well James Robinson and Josh Jones have played.
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4145
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 7,795.38
1 QB leagues... I’m cutting bait on Minshew. TNF showed me a scary low floor in what should have been a plus matchup.
_______________________________________

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, JJax, Hasty
WR: Dvnte, ARob, Tee, Aiyuk, Reagor(IR) Agholor / Fant, Gdrt(IR)/ Lutz / KC/LAC
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattsn, Lindsay
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff, Aiyuk / Jonnu / Slye / NE
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 53548
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,307.31
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he plans to make changes coming out of the team's Week 8 bye.
"I'm going to look at some things, I want to go a little outside the box," said Marrone. "I'm going to go after it and however it falls, it falls, but it's open for me. I've done crazy [stuff] before." ESPN's Michael DiRocco believes benching Gardner Minshew "certainly could be on the table." The Jaguars are winless in six straight games and desperate for a spark. Jake Luton — who threw for 2,714 yards with a 28:3 TD/INT ratio at Oregon State last year — could potentially take over for Minshew after Jacksonville's bye.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8863
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 19,165.92
endzoneview wrote:
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he plans to make changes coming out of the team's Week 8 bye.
"I'm going to look at some things, I want to go a little outside the box," said Marrone. "I'm going to go after it and however it falls, it falls, but it's open for me. I've done crazy [stuff] before." ESPN's Michael DiRocco believes benching Gardner Minshew "certainly could be on the table." The Jaguars are winless in six straight games and desperate for a spark. Jake Luton — who threw for 2,714 yards with a 28:3 TD/INT ratio at Oregon State last year — could potentially take over for Minshew after Jacksonville's bye.


Curious how many wins gets an entry into the Trevor lottery? 0? 1? 2?


Currently 13 teams are 2 wins or less and only about 6 of them wouldn't take Trevor (Texans, Giants?, Vikings?, Bengals, LAC, PHI?).

Of course those teams that wouldn't take Trevor have a good chance of winning games and getting pushed out anyway.

Teams that would take Trevor are obviously: NYJ, ATL (trade off matty ice), JAX, DAL (jerruh gets his white QB), WAS, DEN, NEP


Only reason Jets probably haven't fired Adam Gase is he has the best chance for a perfect season.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,242.72
I get why Jacksonville would bench Minshew.

He's not great but he can show flashes and those flashes are going to potentially run the risk of
- getting wins they don't want
and
- the availability for a narrative to be built that he's an answer when they feel like he's not.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 53548
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,307.31
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he plans to make changes coming out of the team's Week 8 bye.
"I'm going to look at some things, I want to go a little outside the box," said Marrone. "I'm going to go after it and however it falls, it falls, but it's open for me. I've done crazy [stuff] before." ESPN's Michael DiRocco believes benching Gardner Minshew "certainly could be on the table." The Jaguars are winless in six straight games and desperate for a spark. Jake Luton — who threw for 2,714 yards with a 28:3 TD/INT ratio at Oregon State last year — could potentially take over for Minshew after Jacksonville's bye.


Curious how many wins gets an entry into the Trevor lottery? 0? 1? 2?


Currently 13 teams are 2 wins or less and only about 6 of them wouldn't take Trevor (Texans, Giants?, Vikings?, Bengals, LAC, PHI?).

Of course those teams that wouldn't take Trevor have a good chance of winning games and getting pushed out anyway.

Teams that would take Trevor are obviously: NYJ, ATL (trade off matty ice), JAX, DAL (jerruh gets his white QB), WAS, DEN, NEP


Only reason Jets probably haven't fired Adam Gase is he has the best chance for a perfect season.


The Jets Re-Build thread is doubling as my Tank for Trevor thread every Monday

endzoneview wrote:
endzoneview wrote:updated 2021 draft order because this is all I hope for now -

PICK TEAM RECORD SOS
1. NY Jets 0-7 .590
2 NY Giants 1-6 .533
3. Jacksonville 1-6 .565
4. Atlanta 1-6 .574
5 HoustonMIA 1-6 .589
6. Minnesota 1-5
7. Cincinatti 1-5-1

Jets "leading" the way with 0 wins but there are 7! one win teams close behind.

Jets remaining schedule -


WEEK 8 @KC - forfeit
WEEK 9 V NE - loss
BYE - loss
WEEK 11 @SDC - loss, could beat this team at home but not traveling West
WEEK 12 V MIAMI - likely loss but I'm still going to count this as winnable because I don't see Miami as a playoff contender
WEEK 13 V OAK - winnable
WEEK 14 @SEA - loss
WEEK 15 @LAR - back to back road games out West, both losses
WEEK 16 V CLE - winnable
WEEK 17 @ NEP - winnable only because Belichick will probably throw this game to make sure the Jets don't get Lawrence

remaining schedule - 4 winnable, 5 guaranteed losses

of the 'winnable', at most they win 2. At worst, they win none.


Updated draft order above -

no change on the ROS predictions although the Patriots may be inching closer to the "winnable" category.