Megalodon
Sand$: 10,167.16
tsbgrayghost wrote:Yup

Thanks!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
bowwhizzle wrote:
wmharley wrote:
bluemist wrote:If I did not have to play a TE I would not trade a top-10 RB for an injured Kittle. While I understand the appeal, the RBs are going down far to fast for me to give up a good one 2 games in.

This.
I'd rather hoard RBs than try to give them away..

Dang..im getting mixed answers.

Waiting for your responses Bunny and Hussy....

you have Kamara, James Conner and Drake and Robinson. Not sure if that is it. I'm sure you probably have a 2RB and 1FLEX spot.

If Conner gets hurt, you now are short. Not sure what you WR lineup is. With RBs getting hurt, and as mentioned about handcuffs, I'd want to keep as much starting stud RB depth, than trying to figure out if the cuffs will do the job AND if you'd be able to nab them.

I personally hoard RBs, so I'm biased. I DO have Conner and Robinson, and dropped Snell once Conner came back, so I could add to my depth (McKinnon). So now I have CMC (IR), Conner, Robinson, Sanders, Hines, and McK (who I dropped Snell for).

Of your guys, I'd probably ship out Drake first. No one else on waivers for TE?
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,654.67
OK, it's time to see what I can get for OBJ. He is my WR3, so it could be worse, but I'm ready to bench him for Tyler Boyd, and maybe name recognition can get me something.

I've identified teams that need a WR, and ready to throw out offers first thing tomorrow -- Joe Mixon, David Johnson, D.J. Chark, and James Robinson.

Who is the lottery ticket here, and who of these will bring me less joy than OBJ? It's a 14 team 0.5 PPR league, by the way. No great needs, just a better flex. Do any of these have promise?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,105.72
All of them have promise, but why would anyone trade them for OBJ? Unless the RB owners aren't starting those guys I can't see either giving either of them up. Same for Chark, he's just straight up a better value than OBJ right now. So yeah, make the offers and see if anyone bites, but don't be surprised if they don't.
Chum
Sand$: 7.90
12 team PPR...I have Watson, M.Evans, Keenan Allen, Henry, Sanders, Hooper and Gallup for starting lineup with Jeudy, Fournette, Lazard, Mattison, breida and Deebo Samuel.

The trade is Gallup for K.Drake straight up, who would be another rb to have and also be my flex. Should I do it?

Pros/cons
Last edited by jcm04tb on Tue 09.29.2020, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,798.98
[quote="wmharley"]

you have Kamara, James Conner and Drake and Robinson. Not sure if that is it. I'm sure you probably have a 2RB and 1FLEX spot.

If Conner gets hurt, you now are short. Not sure what you WR lineup is. With RBs getting hurt, and as mentioned about handcuffs, I'd want to keep as much starting stud RB depth, than trying to figure out if the cuffs will do the job AND if you'd be able to nab them.

I personally hoard RBs, so I'm biased. I DO have Conner and Robinson, and dropped Snell once Conner came back, so I could add to my depth (McKinnon). So now I have CMC (IR), Conner, Robinson, Sanders, Hines, and McK (who I dropped Snell for).

My ppr league starts 2 rbs, 2wrs, 1 te and 1 flex (rb,wr, or te)

I feel like my bench is stacked and could use an upgrade at TE. Giants offense looks terrible so Im looking to replace Engram.
Henderson who I picked up last week looks like a potential stud and possibly J.Jefferson too.

My waivers got guys like Mo Cox or Gronk best available.

My squad looks like this
Qbs: Brady, Tannehill
Rbs: Kamara, Drake, Conner, James Robinson, Henderson
Wrs: Ridley, Metcalf,Obj, Fuller, Jefferson
Engram
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,429.12
Got offered Lamar and Deebo to give up D Montgomery and Ben..

Sounds good but I'd be lying if I wasn't to say I am concerned about RB depth since they can leave a gaping hole in ones lineup.. Lamar is hard to pass up considering his upcoming schedule. His owner is in a bad 0-3 way with a ton of injuries.

Thoughts? 1/2 PPR 2RB and a W/R/T Flex 6pt passing TD's

My team looks like this:

Ben

Carson
Kamara
Montgomery
Harris
Gaskin
Dobbins

JuJu
P Williams
Sanders
Viska
Hamler
Alshon These last two Im trying to turn into Higgins and Jefferson tonight..

Kelce

Baltimore

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,991.00
I would definitely smash accept on that one SCTroy
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 543.92
I say take it too. Lamar is the definition of a buy low right now in my opinion (I'm 0-3 with him on my roster). Just be careful this coming week with Carson's injury, maybe grab Hyde instead of one of Higgins/Jefferson (probably in place of Higgins?) Gaskin should be fine cover though.
Great White Shark
I have a slightly different opinion, especially since you're in a 6pt/TD for QB league. That discounts Lamars rushing TDs compared to Bens passing TDs.

So the question to me is if you will start Deebo over the guys you currently have and how much of an upgrade he is, because I am not convinced that Lamar will be a huge upgrade over Ben, and Montgomery seems like a must start in your flex which Deebo is not.

Ben, short of injury, should continue to put up good numbers, while Lamar may have a higher ceiling, losing your RB depth doesn't feel that good to me.
Tiger Shark
Sure, rushing TDs may be discounted, but not rushing yards. Only 25% of Lamar's fantasy rushing points last year came from TDs. There's validity to the argument, but most of Lamar's fantasy rushing values is in the yardage, less in the TDs.
Great White Shark
Sure, but his numbers are something like 200 ypg passing and maybe 80ypg rushing. That's more points than a 300ypg passer, but by how much depends on scoring rules for whatever league.

My point is not that he's not an upgrade to Ben, but by how much relative to giving up Montgomery for Deebo who doesn't look like he'd be anything other than bench filler for that team.

I'm also pretty high on Ben for this year to be a top 10 QB with a good chance at being top 5. Still, I wouldn't say it's a bad trade to get Jackson, I'm just not convinced it's a slam dunk.

I also believe in regression to the mean, though with Jackson there's not enough seasons to know what his mean should be, but I feel as though last year was probably better than average expectation. Baltimores offense is going to be better understood by the rest of the league (that may not matter for transcendent talents like Lamar appears to be) and his carries per game are slightly lower than they were last year (small sample size, I don't buy it as a trend necessarily).

Anyway, just a contrary view on that trade in particular. Honestly, I'd rather have Wilson or Dak this year, both those guys and teams look like they are going to be running up points week in and week out. Baltimore has a legit defense as well (Mahomes and the Chiefs aside), there will be weeks where the Ravens are in control from the beginning and just kill the clock the rest of the way.
Tiger Shark
All good points. Though on the last one, Baltimore was pulling Lamar partway through the 4th quarter in a lot of their games last year (especially the second half of the season).

We may also disagree on Deebo. Not sure why he'd be bench filler when the WR2 appears to be Preston Williams (maybe Higgins or Jefferson). I think the roster needs Deebo a lot more than it needs Montgomery in the flex (with an understanding that there are still question marks around the rest of the Niners offense). Do you think the dropoff from Montgomery to Gaskin is that steep? Maybe I'm too flippant about RBs this season.
Great White Shark
Well, I'm pretty down on the 49ers offense generally, I suppose I may be too harsh on Deebo, but I guess we should assume he is fully recovered and while it might be another week for him to get fully reintegrated, if he looks like he did, and his usage is similar he's better than bench filler.

I'd still rather roll out Montgomery though, but it might be closer than I'm giving credit for. Gaskin is too much of an unknown for me, but again, I might be undervaluing him as well. I don't know what to make of the Dolphins generally, the one game I watched Gaskin looked like the guy who was getting the touches but didn't impress me hugely as anything more than JAG.

I dunno, that trade is reasonable, just wanted to go deeper on it I guess.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,281.44
bowwhizzle wrote:
wmharley wrote:

My ppr league starts 2 rbs, 2wrs, 1 te and 1 flex (rb,wr, or te)

I feel like my bench is stacked and could use an upgrade at TE. Giants offense looks terrible so Im looking to replace Engram.
Henderson who I picked up last week looks like a potential stud and possibly J.Jefferson too.

My waivers got guys like Mo Cox or Gronk best available.

My squad looks like this
Qbs: Brady, Tannehill
Rbs: Kamara, Drake, Conner, James Robinson, Henderson
Wrs: Ridley, Metcalf,Obj, Fuller, Jefferson
Engram

I'd cut Engram for Alie-Cox

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders