Great White Shark
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 7,711.90
I can’t figure out this backfield. Lamar Jackson is a special talent, no doubt, but something seems off for the RB group.
The Athletic did a piece last week (before Monday night’s game) talking about the RB they have soured the most after 2 weeks:

Funston - Mark Ingram
Wasn’t even close to thinking this Baltimore backfield would get so diluted so damn early

Ciely - Mark Ingram
I thought it was Ingram’s job until injury or 2021, which is far from the case

Beller - Mark Ingram
I really thought he’d still get a majority of the RB touches in Baltimore. Thanks fully, circumstances conspired to keep me from getting him everywhere I wanted him.


I know it’s only been 3 games. But I can’t trust Ingram anymore. He had 1 good play in week 2 - the TD run. That’s it.
JK Dobbins flashed on benches in week 1, Had a nice 40+ yard run week 2. He’s obviously got the most potential. But he’s not getting the opportunity. There’s also Gus Edwards — who led the team in week 2 w/ 10/73 and acted as their closer.
Thoughts on this mess?
_______________________________________

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, White, JJax
WR: Adams, OBJ, A-Rob, Higgins / Fant, Tonyan, Goedrt(IR)/ Lutz / KC/LAC
--
QB: Herbert RB: DCook, Jacobs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattson, Lindsay, JJax
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff / Jonnu / Gost / NE
Great White Shark
Posts: 4397
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 10,426.98
Stash Dobbins in dyno or deeper leagues as a play in case Ingram or Edwards get hurt.

Play Edwards if you have to start someone.

Don't start anyone from this mess unless one of them gets hurt.

This feels kind of Patriotsesque, also because game plans could involve Jackson sucking all the carries up.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010
Sand$: 3,954.20
I'm going to keep Dobbins until the bitter end probably, but have no intentions of starting him until something changes.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 7,711.90
Tacks652 wrote:I'm going to keep Dobbins until the bitter end probably, but have no intentions of starting him until something changes.

Same.

ubertaco wrote:Stash Dobbins in dyno or deeper leagues as a play in case Ingram or Edwards get hurt.

Play Edwards if you have to start someone.

Don't start anyone from this mess unless one of them gets hurt.

This feels kind of Patriotsesque, also because game plans could involve Jackson sucking all the carries up.

Yeah — I have Dobbins in 1 league, Ingram in another, but Edwards who is playable is on waivers in both my leagues. Agree on the Pats headache. Good for reality / defenses having to prepare for all — bad for fantasy.
_______________________________________

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, White, JJax
WR: Adams, OBJ, A-Rob, Higgins / Fant, Tonyan, Goedrt(IR)/ Lutz / KC/LAC
--
QB: Herbert RB: DCook, Jacobs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattson, Lindsay, JJax
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff / Jonnu / Gost / NE
Great White Shark
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010
Sand$: 6,273.56
I dropped Dobs after I drafted him, but picked him up this week. Might drop him or McKinnon once CMC has to get off my IR spot. or T.Y..

I want to keep Dobs, but if Baltimore keeps pretending they are NE Lite with their RBs, then darn it all.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4397
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 10,426.98
Dobbins was never likely to be a valuable RB *this* season short of injuries to Ingram and/or Edwards. He's a dyno stash or for leagues with deeper benches.

It sounds as though your league has tight benches, so yeah, I'd be hard pressed to hold on to him in that situation.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29808
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,882.08
I’m not saying edwards is the guy to have, but when they call his number he seems to get the job done .
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58685
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 120,091.86
Dobbins is the lead guy in the second half. Only question is if the shift happens post bye or closer to winter.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 53435
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,108.63
Yep, just have to wait it out
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4467
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 7,717.52
I drafted TE and RB's early so have struggled with WR production... Been adding and dropping WR's since before week 1 looking to catch on to something decent.

I've got Dobbins but need to bring D Harris off IR so need to drop one of those or Preston Williams who I was considering dropping anyhow. Just held him as there wasn't any other WR's on the wire worth swapping him for.

I read some of you are holding JK til the bitter end but how about now?
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Posts: 7871
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,310.24
ingram being groomed to dump off the roster in a trade,bmore needs wr help badly
Great White Shark
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010
Sand$: 6,273.56
sctroyfan wrote:I drafted TE and RB's early so have struggled with WR production... Been adding and dropping WR's since before week 1 looking to catch on to something decent.

I've got Dobbins but need to bring D Harris off IR so need to drop one of those or Preston Williams who I was considering dropping anyhow. Just held him as there wasn't any other WR's on the wire worth swapping him for.

I read some of you are holding JK til the bitter end but how about now?
I dropped him again because of stupid Tennessee forcing Big Ben and Conner to be on a bye, so I had to pick up a replacement QB.
No one has picked him up, so maybe I might again.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7871
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,310.24
OarChambo wrote:Dobbins is the lead guy in the second half. Only question is if the shift happens post bye or closer to winter.


dobbins,swift or cam akers roy ppr
Great White Shark
Posts: 8861
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 19,158.50
I drafted Lamar Jackson in the 3rd round.


When Ingram was drafted I enthusiastically replied the Ravens top running back was already drafted.

I didn't realize how right I was.