Megalodon
Sand$: 20,553.08
The word is out on the Filthy Ravens. Pretty easy to beat.

Step 1. Get Patrick Mahommes as your QB.

Step 2. Build a big early lead and make them pass downfield.

Easy, right?

Hold tight on LJ and Dobbins. Better days ahead.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,447.32
https://fantasy.nfl.com/research/scorin ... position=1

This is why you don't go after QBs early in drafts I guess.

Jackson isn't going to stay at #12 clearly, but how high on that list is he going to rise?

Wilson and Prescott are lighting it up, Mahomes is Mahomes. Josh Allen and Kyler Murray are on a tear. There's former MVPs in Rodgers and Ryan... There's some oddballs in there too, but the point is that year in and year out there are plenty of solid QBs, it's an exceptional year when one of them differentiates themselves from the pack by a wide enough margin *and* you can predict that in advance *and* need to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick to even get them.

In some ways much of a fantasy draft winds up being a crap shoot (injuries and what not), and there's still time for Lamar to run up that list and put up a ton of points in the next stretch of games. Still, locking in the one position where you can only start one guy? There's a reason why Def and K always get picked in the last rounds of a draft ;)
Megalodon
Sand$: 143,821.77

Let's not overreact. 2 subpar weeks doesn't make a trend. Yet.

Here's the status of my experiments:

NFL Challenge - (1-2)

Both losses occurred to the highest scoring team of the week. This week's was by only 5 points. More from Lamar would have gotten me the win, but a couple of other lineup decisions would have made the win easy for me regardless. 4th highest scoring team at this point. Not concerned here.

Mako 5 - (1-2)

Landed Aaron Jones in the 2nd round here. Hurting at my rb2 but all other positions I'm solid. 4th highest in points. Not concerned here either.

Mako 6 - (3-0)

Not concerned at all here.

Shark Assassins - (2-1)

Actually concerned here despite the winning record. Winning but not scoring particularly well. Rolling with Aaron Jones and Amari Cooper as my 1's which is fine but am razor thin behind them. Need AJ Brown back soon.

Overall 7-5 and 3 of the 4 teams are currently in good health. In 2 of the leagues I would have taken Barkley or Thomas with my first pick if I had not gone LJ. I doubt I would be sitting any better.

Bottom line hasn't changed for me at this point. Lineup decisions and health are bigger factors in my records than anything.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,264.88
He will be a HOF wide receiver.

- boot licker

Nothing has changed. Therefore, for working people to be free, they must seize control of the means of production.
Great White Shark
scootm44 wrote:Image

Let's not overreact. 2 subpar weeks doesn't make a trend. Yet.

Here's the status of my experiments:

NFL Challenge - (1-2)

Both losses occurred to the highest scoring team of the week. This week's was by only 5 points. More from Lamar would have gotten me the win, but a couple of other lineup decisions would have made the win easy for me regardless. 4th highest scoring team at this point. Not concerned here.

Mako 5 - (1-2)

Landed Aaron Jones in the 2nd round here. Hurting at my rb2 but all other positions I'm solid. 4th highest in points. Not concerned here either.

Mako 6 - (3-0)

Not concerned at all here.

Shark Assassins - (2-1)

Actually concerned here despite the winning record. Winning but not scoring particularly well. Rolling with Aaron Jones and Amari Cooper as my 1's which is fine but am razor thin behind them. Need AJ Brown back soon.

Overall 7-5 and 3 of the 4 teams are currently in good health. In 2 of the leagues I would have taken Barkley or Thomas with my first pick if I had not gone LJ. I doubt I would be sitting any better.

Bottom line hasn't changed for me at this point. Lineup decisions and health are bigger factors in my records than anything.

So, while this is interesting the real question is what your record would be with 'the other players'. Because it's clear that Jackson has underperformed expectations to this point. You are right, 3 games does not a trend make (really 2 games, because he put up numbers week 1), but the question isn't about what kind of season Jackson will have, it's about the opportunity cost of taking him in the 1st round.
Megalodon
Well as I said, in 2 of the leagues my pick would have been Barkley and Thomas. The others......maybe Cook and Adams.

Sand$: 40,158.11
Lol at the gif @scoot

I’m a huge Henry Winkler fan
Great White Shark
scootm44 wrote:Well as I said, in 2 of the leagues my pick would have been Barkley and Thomas. The others......maybe Cook and Adams.

Yeah, but who do you think you would have wound up with as QB? Because from the list I posted earlier if it was any of the guys ahead of him you would have had more points from them (or similar) and whatever the uptick from Barkley/Thomas/Cook/Adams would have been.

Clearly in the Barkley/Thomas situation you would have gotten the injury shaft. Cook though has been super solid so far. Adams has been hit or miss so far though.

I dunno, I'm glad you are doing this experiment, it should be interesting to follow through the season. I still agree with the notion that what matters (almost) more than who you draft is how you manage your roster week in and week out. A good coach (as you clearly are) will pick up wins from ugly situations anyway. I mean, the kicker league thing proves that no :)
Megalodon
Couldn't possibly guess who I would have ended up with at QB as I wouldn't have even considered another until late.

I'm a sharp though so it likely would have been Josh Allen. :Drink)

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,317.22
LJ is gonna run roughshod all over football team.

Hope I'm not playin against him.
Sand$: 40,158.11
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Washington DE Chase Young (groin) is expected to miss Week 4 against the Ravens

Lamar owners-
Great White Shark
Sand$: 630.30
Thread title took me waaaaaaaay back, thanks for that!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,645.40
tsbgrayghost wrote:LJ is gonna run roughshod all over football team.

Hope I'm not playin against him.

From your mouth to the FF gods ears... (going against Russell, Zeke, Jones, Ertz this week!)

I'm a dudette. Image
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,161.20
How my other rounds doing out there?
I'm hanging in there at 2-2

Blue 14

Wilson, Burrow
McCaffrey, Bell, White, Moss
Beckham, Golladay, Hilton, Lamb, Samuel
Fant, Arnold
Butker
49ers
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,645.40
Off Constantly wrote:How my other rounds doing out there?
I'm hanging in there at 2-2

Same.

I've made some moves that I believe have me well positioned despite LJ not being as dominant as last year. If he were playing like he was last year I'd probably be 4-0! (OK, maybe not)

-Picked up James Robinson right before start of season
-Snagged Justin Jefferson off waivers
-Got McKinnon off waivers (though my dumb butt hasn't actually started him... depth problems are good problems to have I guess)
-Just traded Jonnu for Deebo (I have Kelce)

Some dumb injury luck has gone my way:
-Drafted both Mack and Taylor. Never want to see someone get injured, but getting injured early is better (for the mad waiver push week 1)
-Own Hunt

Patience hopefully will pay off:
-Still waiting to get AJ Brown back
-Looking forward to getting Dionte back

Here's my team. 1/2 PPR. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 2 WR/RB, K, DEF

QB: Lamar, duh
RB: Carson, Robinson, Hunt, Taylor, McKinnon, Edmonds
WR: Diggs, Evans, Dionte, AJ Brown, Deebo, Jefferson, Hardman
TE: Kelce (yes, I doubled down on crazy here... I was at the elbow and went LJ/Kelce #1/2)
K: who cares (Crosby on bye)
DEF: TB, NE

I normally never carry 2 defenses but my league added 2 extra roster spots last week to deal with COVID issues, and I couldn't pass up NE's matchup this week. Thinking I'll try to hang onto both to play matchups.

Things I wiffed on:
-Really wishing I'd listened to the tank and picked up the IND defense. If I had, I wouldn't need to be wasting an extra roster spot on D. This seems to be an unusually difficult year to play waiver wire defense games....
-Dropped Roddy Anderson

Overall, despite my record, I'm feeling pretty good and think my team is well positioned. I just need either LJ to come alive (not holding my breath, now he's being held out of practice for a knee issue) or I need Dak and Wilson to cool off.

I'm a dudette. Image