Are we just fooling ourselves?

Post Reply  
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58662
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 120,026.62
endzoneview wrote:
bluemist wrote:
phixxation wrote:Noo! Don't take my football from me

Relax. NFL isn't going anywhere. They got this.


I knew this post wasn't going to age well but I didn't realize it would be so soon.

If positivity rates sustain trends from the first 2 months of the season then it will conclude on or at worst near schedule.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 53413
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,071.29
True but we have a long way to go

I think Thanksgiving is going to be the real test. Not only for the NFL but colleges and schools in general when everyone goes back home for the holiday and has to return to work/school
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005
Sand$: 2,096.28
Off topic a bit but many universities have adjusted fall semester to end right before Thanksgiving. Spring semester starts early January. This avoids the problem of students going home to god knows where over the Thanksgiving break and bringing back the rona the following Monday.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 40427
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 20,553.66
The NFL is rescheduling the #Steelers-#Titans game to later in the season after an additional Titans player and one personnel tested positive for COVID-19. It will not be played Week 4.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 40427
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 20,553.66
Damn it I can’t post tweets

Great White Shark
Posts: 4089
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 7,697.66
This sucks. Just picked up Jonnu, and doesn’t look like these players will be given CV19/IR status...

Back to the TE cesspool
_______________________________________

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, Ingram, White, JJax
WR: Adams, OBJ, A-Rob, Higgins / Fant, Tonyan / Lutz / KC
--
QB: Ben/Herb RB: DCook, Jacobs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattson, Lindsay, JJax
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff / Jonnu / Gost / NE
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 40427
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 20,553.66
In my leagues. I just said screw it.

Any bye week players can be taxied squaded

It was just used for COVID designations.

Then I thought I’ll allow this week for Titans and Steelers to be on it.

Then I thought that ain’t fair for the rest of the bye week players.

And I just burned it all down and said screw it.

I hope next year is more normal
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 1, 2008
Sand$: 1,918.74
We're leaning towards having all Titans/Steelers be "out" for this week.

It sucks for teams with those players, but it's a simple solution.
_______________________________________

QB: Herbert, Fitzpatrick  RB: A.Jones,Chubb,Mostert,McKinnon,D.Johnson,Peterson  WR: Parker, Lockett, J.Brown,Higgins
TE: Kelce  IDP: L.David  K: Lutz,Crosby  DST: PIT        12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 40427
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 20,553.66
garsh wrote:We're leaning towards having all Titans/Steelers be "out" for this week.

It sucks for teams with those players, but it's a simple solution.



Too simple. That would give roster exemption to essentially a bye week team giving those teams with those players an advantage.


Thus why I allowed taxi squad for all bye week players
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 53413
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,071.29
Any week with the threat of a postponement/cancellation still undecided by Thursday kickoff immediately becomes 'best ball' week
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 1, 2008
Sand$: 1,918.74
Lundy Love wrote:Too simple. That would give roster exemption to essentially a bye week team giving those teams with those players an advantage.

No roster exemptions. Teams with those players are going to be at a disadvantage - having to make last-minute unplanned roster moves to cover for the sudden "bye week".
_______________________________________

QB: Herbert, Fitzpatrick  RB: A.Jones,Chubb,Mostert,McKinnon,D.Johnson,Peterson  WR: Parker, Lockett, J.Brown,Higgins
TE: Kelce  IDP: L.David  K: Lutz,Crosby  DST: PIT        12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4463
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 7,708.62
Lundy Love wrote:In my leagues. I just said screw it.

Any bye week players can be taxied squaded

It was just used for COVID designations.

Then I thought I’ll allow this week for Titans and Steelers to be on it.

Then I thought that ain’t fair for the rest of the bye week players.

And I just burned it all down and said screw it.

I hope next year is more normal


So what did you do?? What's a taxi squad?
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 40427
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 20,553.66
sctroyfan wrote:
Lundy Love wrote:In my leagues. I just said screw it.

Any bye week players can be taxied squaded

It was just used for COVID designations.

Then I thought I’ll allow this week for Titans and Steelers to be on it.

Then I thought that ain’t fair for the rest of the bye week players.

And I just burned it all down and said screw it.

I hope next year is more normal


So what did you do?? What's a taxi squad?



I just allowed all bye week players to be allowed to be placed on taxi squad

It’s what i’m using now for bye week players and COVID reserve players



It’s usually used in dynasty leagues to protect players rookies and such that don’t need to be rostered
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10122
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 20,537.64
Thought this was interesting as an NFL solution.

The league will have to move around games involving more than just the Titans and Steelers to reschedule, but it could end up being pretty seamless. The Titans have a Week 7 bye. The Steelers’ bye is Week 8. But as The Tennessean pointed out, there could be a relatively easy fix.

The Ravens and Steelers are scheduled to play Week 7, and both teams have a bye scheduled for Week 8. If that game is moved to Week 8, the Titans and Steelers could play in Week 7 with this being their bye week.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10122
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 20,537.64
garsh wrote:
Lundy Love wrote:Too simple. That would give roster exemption to essentially a bye week team giving those teams with those players an advantage.

No roster exemptions. Teams with those players are going to be at a disadvantage - having to make last-minute unplanned roster moves to cover for the sudden "bye week".


No real disadvantage, as you will have those players available another week. Other than this week's obvious issues, you will gain roster flexability moving forward.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.