New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 40,071.29
Broncos are starting Brett Rypien this week against the Jets

Broncos favored by 2

Awesome
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,172.34
Take it with a grain of salt but a quote Colin Cowherd.

I am told with Adam Gase that Jets lose Thursday, he’s done. He got a vote of confidence, now they play Denver, they will lose. ... Gase has a problem. He’s not only losing games, but he’s lost the locker room. ... Too many Jets are always hurt. There’s something here. Do players want to play? I’m told the Jets have already reached out to a top coach agent and started asking questions. They’re going to look to college, they’re going to look to the pros. But the Jets have started the process. Of course, the Jets will deny this, but the Jets are now calling big-time agents. I’m not going to give you the name of the agent because that will give up my source. But they are calling big-time agents, Christopher Johnson, and they’re now compiling lists.”
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,210.88
keep Gase all year and go 0-16. Draft Lawrence, hire Bienemi.

Nothing has changed. Therefore, for working people to be free, they must seize control of the means of production.
They won’t be lucky enough to pick 1 overall but I would love Bienemy as the next coach. Unfortunately I really like him so I don’t wish this dumb team on him.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,426.98
Even if Cowherds source is right does it matter what coach they bring in if the rest of the management team is so terrible? (apparently)

Even ownership? (though I know little about that)

Some problems are intractable until the top actually changes.
Honestly, if Cowherd said it I’m convinced Gase survives the year

There is no benefit to firing him anyways
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,708.62
Heard that yesterday and thought Cowherd sounded like DJT.. They're calling agents, big agents, really big agents...

He's not wrong though but it's not like what he said is breaking news. Gase sucks, the jets suck and it all points to him.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,537.64
sctroyfan wrote:Heard that yesterday and thought Cowherd sounded like DJT.. They're calling agents, big agents, really big agents...

He's not wrong though but it's not like what he said is breaking news. Gase sucks, the jets suck and it all points to him.

Gase sucks, to be sure, but laying the Jets issues all on him seems unfair. Plenty of blame to go around in NY IMO.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,426.98
The fact that Gace sucks shouldn't have been news to any front office in the NFL. The problem was that they hired him in the first place, and seemingly to this point, have supported him, even as he did his usual Gace act and alimented players while demonstrating that he's a crap game day coach as well.

Gace deserve all the blame he deserves because he is who he is, but the front office deserves the blame for picking him in the first place.

Or the ownership, or both, no idea how the JETS run their organization.
endzoneview wrote:The Jets have an idiotic hierarchy where the GM and the coach report to the owner independently.

The Johnsons have a hard on for Peyton Manning so when they called him up, Peyton recommended Gase (I assume through a gaggle of giggles)

Macgaggnan was the GM then so he threw a hissy fit that they didn't hire who he wanted (Matt Rhule). He went out of his way to screw Gase by getting him players he didn't want - see Le'Veon.

Then Gase cried to the Johnsons, having the backing of Peyton, so they fired Mac after free agency and the draft.

Enter Douglas, who knows this is a dysfunctional mess but the Jets offer him a deal he can't refuse and give him 6 years to turn it around.

The ONLY hope I have is Douglas can convince the Johnson's to let him hire who he wants as coach and have that coach report to Douglas like it should be. If the Johnson's consult with Peyton, or Casserly or someone else not qualified yet again before hiring a coach, I will finally be done with this organization for good. This is my last GM.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,840.28
ubertaco wrote:The fact that Gace sucks shouldn't have been news to any front office in the NFL. The problem was that they hired him in the first place, and seemingly to this point, have supported him, even as he did his usual Gace act and alimented players while demonstrating that he's a crap game day coach as well.

Gace deserve all the blame he deserves because he is who he is, but the front office deserves the blame for picking him in the first place.

Or the ownership, or both, no idea how the JETS run their organization.

The Jets ongoing incompetence is a full team effort, and there's plenty of blame for all of them. They really are the Knicks of the NFL.

The next fun part will be seeing how badly they miss with the picks they got for running their best player out of town.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,032.18
Gase is so desperate for a win he's gonna sacrifice Jamison Crowder's bum hammy to try and get it because of course he would.
OarChambo wrote:Gase is so desperate for a win he's gonna sacrifice Jamison Crowder's bum hammy to try and get it because of course he would.

yep
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,537.64
On a brighter note, once they fire Gase then every offensive player should improve next year, right?

Hell, Sam may be headed to the Pro Bowl in 2021.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,096.28
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:Take it with a grain of salt but a quote Colin Cowherd.

“I am told with Adam Gase that Jets lose Thursday, he’s done".

So Jets fans are rooting for a loss I presume. Being the Jets though, they will probably screw it up and win.