Are we just fooling ourselves?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,158.50
ubertaco wrote:
nosman21 wrote:Have a bad feeling this could get ugly. With the NFL being quick to fine coaches for mask etiquette over the first 3 weeks — I think there may be some more virtue signaling coming and possible proactive overreactions and cancellations just in case. We’ll see

Virtue signaling? Seriously?

Masks are 100% critical in preventing COVID if the NFL wants to have a season at all.

For someone to make that comment is just..... stupid.

The NFL made the correct move in straight-up postponing this game, no playing games with postponing it. The whole team gets quarantined.

Playing it could risk Pittsburgh players getting infected and then them infecting their week 5 opponent and so on, a full-on breakout. That would shut down the season.

I don't think the NFL will cancel the Vikings games until 1 player tests positive. They'll know soon enough since the virus takes 3-5 days to show up.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,801.78
Two more positives in Tennessee.
Sand$: 40,108.63
That brings the total to seven players and six staff members.
Sand$: 40,108.63
I know there are bigger things to worry about, but it would be so Jets if they are the worst team in the league and in position to be the #1 pick and the season is cut short and the league decides to go to a lottery or something.

It would remind me of the Expos being robbed of a World Series during the MLB strike. Yes, I loved the Expos and yes, they were going to win that year.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,914.64
TN should just forfeit.
Filthy bastards.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,711.90
ubertaco wrote:
nosman21 wrote:Have a bad feeling this could get ugly. With the NFL being quick to fine coaches for mask etiquette over the first 3 weeks — I think there may be some more virtue signaling coming and possible proactive overreactions and cancellations just in case. We’ll see

Not trying to get political - but have you actually done research on effectiveness of masks? Also - All of the players and coaches are tested before the games. So why are masks required by coaches?

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, White, JJax
WR: Adams, OBJ, A-Rob, Higgins / Fant, Tonyan, Goedrt(IR)/ Lutz / KC/LAC
--
QB: Herbert RB: DCook, Jacobs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattson, Lindsay, JJax
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff / Jonnu / Gost / NE
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,801.78
nosman21 wrote:
ubertaco wrote:

Not trying to get political - but have you actually done research on effectiveness of masks?

Have you? The data says they work really well.
Great White Shark
nosman21 wrote:
ubertaco wrote:

Not trying to get political - but have you actually done research on effectiveness of masks? Also - All of the players and coaches are tested before the games. So why are masks required by coaches?

1. It is well known (and researched! -- since like April/May) that the virus is NOT airborne and spreads via spit / nose / sneeze droplets.

Droplets are not very fine and multi-layer fabric and/or polyester masks block them (unless they are single layer handkerchief masks which actually mist them and make it worse).

It also survives on surfaces for up to a week and can be transmitted surface-to-hand, hand-to-hand, and then hand-to-nose/mouth/eyes.

2. NFL does not test on game day, only the day before. Since the virus can show up on any given day, there's a 1 day risk period, hence the masks.
Last edited by jnadke on Fri 10.02.2020, 10:14, edited 3 times in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,434.82
nosman21 wrote:
ubertaco wrote:

I have done research on the effectiveness of masks, you can head to the GT forum and look at the Covid thread there for more details from many people on it. But my question would be what do you mean by 'effectiveness'?

Also, why are masks required? If you understood the effectiveness of masks you might not need to even ask that question.

Let's put it this way, why are there now so many cases on the Titans? You can make the claim that if people are tested and it comes negative they do not need to wear a mask, but this is problematic for a few reasons I won't go into here. You can make the claim that coaching wearing masks on the sideline is just for show, but 'virtue signaling' is language which indicates a fundamental disdain (and apparent lack of understanding) for wearing masks in the first place.
Great White Shark
Guys, guys, keep it to football or I will have to ban you all.
Don't make me do it. I'll do it. Ban you all.

Refocus: The Titans are filthy.
Great White Shark
I haven’t done a ton of research to be honest. But from what I’ve seen it’s more risk reduction / but not prevention. And not all masks are the same or have the same effectiveness. Again my comments were about the fines to some coaches. If testing was mandated and the standards and protocol are all the same - curious why the mask mandate as well. And if so, why not standardize the type of masks that the coaches wear / N95. I think the mask fines are just odd and to make a statement

--
Great White Shark
nosman21 wrote:I haven’t done a ton of research to be honest. But from what I’ve seen it’s more risk reduction / but not prevention. And not all masks are the same or have the same effectiveness. Again my comments were about the fines to some coaches. If testing was mandated and the standards and protocol are all the same - curious why the mask mandate as well. And if so, why not standardize the type of masks that the coaches wear / N95. I think the mask fines are just odd and to make a statement

NFL does NOT test on GAME DAY
Last edited by jnadke on Fri 10.02.2020, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
I can’t read that font. could you make it bigger please?

--
Great White Shark
nosman21 wrote:I can’t read that font. could you make it bigger please?

NFL does NOT test on GAME DAY
Great White Shark
Ok, you're both banned.
Sorry gents.