SandShark
Sand$: 242.80
As one would expect, many FF competitors will have drafted or picked up players off waivers from both Pittsburgh and Tennessee....players they would be counting on as big contributors to their FF week 4.

It's fairly easy to see that those players cannot be rostered this week but, how should leagues best, and fairly, deal with this handicap?

How can these players be accommodated when the make up game is played?

I guess that it's possible to remove their bye weeks and count this week as their bye. What if one of these teams has to postpone again during the season?

Just curious how different Sharks' leagues have planned to deal with this.....if any have.

Standard PPR (6 man bench)

QB: Dak, Burrow
RB: Zeke, Connor, Bell, Snell, Pollard
WR: Godwin, Hilton, D. Johnson, Crowder, R. Anderson, Preston Williams
TE: Waller
K: Blankenship
D: Bills
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, K, D
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 313,771.23
I think some lga added more IR slots for just what you mentioned.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,296.40
As of now we're treating week 4 as the Titans and Steelers bye week and that's it.

Nothing has changed. Therefore, for working people to be free, they must seize control of the means of production.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,407.18
as of right now, all leagues i commish will keep on keepin' on, just like the NFL. if we get 16 regular season weeks in, we're gonna have a champ one way or another.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,324.20
all leagues should have added special ir spots just for covid,most of the leagues im in added 2 xtra ir spots
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,777.22
Since this can happen at any time we just instituted a possibly less than perfect solution to the issue..

We just made it possible to add a 1 week/game fill in position for position. You have to drop the player, add the fill in but then re add the player you dropped ( must drop the one you added ) the following waiver period. No exceptions. He is protected from another team adding him during this period

In the unlikely situation where the PPD game is actually played ( say last minute change ) the points from the original player are used and not the "fill in".

Probably not a great solution but as the OP'er mentioned, this could happen multiple times this season, possibly more than once to a given team, so treating it like a "bye" doesn't necessarily solve the issue either

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,954.00
We had contingency plans in mind, but this will just be treated like any other bye week in the dynasty I commish.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,940.82
Griffimo wrote:As of now we're treating week 4 as the Titans and Steelers bye week and that's it.
That's what we're doing (redraft league). It's simple, and about as fair as any other solution. It sucks that I have to do some unplanned roster juggling, but 2020 sucks in general, so it's copacetic.

mstrbass2000 wrote:all leagues should have added special ir spots just for covid,most of the leagues im in added 2 xtra ir spots
We added a single Covid IR spot, but that's only to be used for individual players who are out do to the infection. We don't allow it to be used for postponed/cancelled games.

QB: Herbert, Tagovailoa   RB: A.Jones,Chubb,Mostert,McKinnon,J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, J.Brown, Higgins, Reagor
TE: Kelce, Cook  IDP: L.David  K: Lutz  DST: PIT        12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,435.24
Nothing to worry about this week since it’s treated as their bye unless you’re Heavily invested in the Steelers…
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,078.98
garsh wrote:
Griffimo wrote:As of now we're treating week 4 as the Titans and Steelers bye week and that's it.
That's what we're doing (redraft league). It's simple, and about as fair as any other solution. It sucks that I have to do some unplanned roster juggling, but 2020 sucks in general, so it's copacetic.

mstrbass2000 wrote:all leagues should have added special ir spots just for covid,most of the leagues im in added 2 xtra ir spots
We added a single Covid IR spot, but that's only to be used for individual players who are out do to the infection. We don't allow it to be used for postponed/cancelled games.

That's where I'm at with my league. It's a bye week. We have 2 Covid spots, but only for the individual players.

If this comes up again, we'll address it then, depending on what the situation is. I don't anticipate changing anything except maybe making the 2 spots open for postponed players as well, but I don't even think that's necessary. We already have plenty of spots on our rosters.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,296.40
Sleeper is doing this, I'm not crazy about it, but if we see multiple postponed games or if a team misses multiple weeks in a row maybe something worth considering:

Nothing has changed. Therefore, for working people to be free, they must seize control of the means of production.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,954.00
Terrible idea and a bad precedent.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,165.92
jdferguson07 wrote:Terrible idea and a bad precedent.

Agreed, when the NFL retcons this into their BYE weeks then some teams will have advantage.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 313,771.23
db45655 wrote:Nothing to worry about this week since it’s treated as their bye unless you’re Heavily invested in the Steelers…

Exactly. Looks like they will love it to week 8 and move a game from 8 to 7.

Image Image