Trade Questions and Advice

Post Reply  
Great White Shark
Posts: 7911
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,364.44
OarChambo wrote:I don't think CEH tanks if Bell goes to KC


ceh value will fall to mattison,pollard status cause kc signing bell is saying they need a big back with catching skills,bell healthy should at least get 1st/2nd down work leaving ceh as a 3rd down guy but bell catches very well too
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58937
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 120,598.82
mstrbass2000 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
NautArch wrote:I still don't think it's a good decision to have a lateral/slightly move up in QB and handicap your RBs.

I think Lamar is a significant upgrade at qb, but still wouldn't do it. RB's have potential to be a total disaster by mid November.


ceh's value close to falling to a 3rd down back if kc gets him,do you still not do the deal,me done deal upgrade at one position with stack potential vs lost value,bench player stuck on your bench not knowing when to play him (ceh)

English, please.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7911
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,364.44
AND IT JUST HAPPENED

Le'Veon Bell RB, Kansas City Chiefs
Chiefs agreed to terms with RB Le'Veon Bell, formerly of the Jets, on a one-year contract.

It's reportedly an "incentive-laden deal." Due to the league's COVID-19 protocols, Bell will be ineligible to suit up against the Bills on Monday. That leaves Week 7 against the Broncos as his Chiefs debut. The question immediately becomes the workload delineation in the Chiefs' backfield, as No. 32 overall pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire has sputtered since an impressive opener vs. the Texans' bottom-basement run defense. That has been especially true in early-down/short-yardage situations, where Bell figures to receive immediate opportunities. Bell will also be a threat to CEH's bread-and-butter pass-catching work. Even if CEH remains the lead back in a committee, this obviously devastates his RB1 value, and perhaps even knocks him out of the RB2 ranks. This is not a LeSean McCoy-style signing. Bell probably has more left in the tank than Adam Gase would lead you to believe, while coach Andy Reid unlocks running backs like few others. Bell could claim No. 1 duties and render CEH a COP back. CEH would do well to put on a show vs. the Bills' underachieving defense. Bell arrives right as the Chiefs are losing LG Kelechi Osemele for the season.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2010
Sand$: 10,089.89
14 team - PPR

My Team
QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Alvin Kamara, Chris Carson, Jerick McKinnon, Phil Lindsay, Alexander Mattison, Jamaal Williams
WR: DJ Moore, Robert Woods, Devante Parker, Deebo Samuel
TE: Hockenson, Austin Hooper
IR: Goedert

With Mostert now on IR with the dreaded high ankle sprain, would you trade away McKinnon & either Hockenson/Hooper to the Mostert owner for Kittle? Or do you think I'm better off as is, with Goedert coming back soon?

Better to hold onto McKinnon in case one of my 2 starting RB's gets dinged?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15261
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 39,050.68
KRB80 wrote:14 team - PPR

My Team
QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Alvin Kamara, Chris Carson, Jerick McKinnon, Phil Lindsay, Alexander Mattison, Jamaal Williams
WR: DJ Moore, Robert Woods, Devante Parker, Deebo Samuel
TE: Hockenson, Austin Hooper
IR: Goedert

With Mostert now on IR with the dreaded high ankle sprain, would you trade away McKinnon & either Hockenson/Hooper to the Mostert owner for Kittle? Or do you think I'm better off as is, with Goedert coming back soon?

Better to hold onto McKinnon in case one of my 2 starting RB's gets dinged?


I think you're delusional if you think McKinnon and one of those TEs gets you Kittle.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 53997
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,038.53
I traded away Kittle for Josh Jacobs and Kenyan Drake in a league I lost Mostert in and was hurting at RB.

Just for reference.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003
Sand$: 22,374.65
Gotta give something to get something....so often we either over value our players or undervalue theirs.
_______________________________________

Image
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2010
Sand$: 10,089.89
Touche, touche...
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007
Sand$: 1,723.14
What is Mike Davis worth to a Mccafrey owner? I offered this guy Mike Davis and Boyd to get Godwin in return.
_______________________________________

I TELL YOU!!!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 7,983.48
I got a bunch of underperforming bums at WR.. Just not sure what, or if, I should move to upgrade...I'm 5-1 but these single digit WR #'s are troubling..

14 teamer
QB Ben
RB ~ Kamara, Carson, Monty, Gaskin, L. Perine
WR ~ Juju, Tee, J Brown, Sanders, Viska,
TE ~ Kelce
Carrying two D's this week to cover Ravens bye..

I just don't know if I should weaken myself or just wait on some of these WR's to emerge. Tee is becoming more useful each week. I'd be ok if I could just get low double digits out of them. Talking to you juju...
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 65286
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 36,574.62
davie36k wrote:What is Mike Davis worth to a Mccafrey owner? I offered this guy Mike Davis and Boyd to get Godwin in return.

With McCaffrey coming back soon, not enough to lose Godwin's potential for Boyd. It also depends on his RB depth.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6363
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 11,205.71
sctroyfan wrote:I got a bunch of underperforming bums at WR.. Just not sure what, or if, I should move to upgrade...I'm 5-1 but these single digit WR #'s are troubling..

14 teamer
QB Ben
RB ~ Kamara, Carson, Monty, Gaskin, L. Perine
WR ~ Juju, Tee, J Brown, Sanders, Viska,
TE ~ Kelce
Carrying two D's this week to cover Ravens bye..

I just don't know if I should weaken myself or just wait on some of these WR's to emerge. Tee is becoming more useful each week. I'd be ok if I could just get low double digits out of them. Talking to you juju...

I'd probably hold and wait for an emerging WR. Higgins is solid, I think he'll be fine. J Brown is a TD machine, but his health is worrisome. Viska is a hold.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1051
Joined: Wed Nov 4, 2009
Sand$: 2,097.88
sctroyfan wrote:I got a bunch of underperforming bums at WR.. Just not sure what, or if, I should move to upgrade...I'm 5-1 but these single digit WR #'s are troubling..

14 teamer
QB Ben
RB ~ Kamara, Carson, Monty, Gaskin, L. Perine
WR ~ Juju, Tee, J Brown, Sanders, Viska,
TE ~ Kelce
Carrying two D's this week to cover Ravens bye..

I just don't know if I should weaken myself or just wait on some of these WR's to emerge. Tee is becoming more useful each week. I'd be ok if I could just get low double digits out of them. Talking to you juju...


Any of these available in your league?:

Travis Fulgham-Eagles
Tim Patrick-Broncos
Preston Williams-Dolphins
_______________________________________

Cursed Bills Fan
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 7,983.48
dental_floss_tycoon wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:I got a bunch of underperforming bums at WR.. Just not sure what, or if, I should move to upgrade...I'm 5-1 but these single digit WR #'s are troubling..

14 teamer
QB Ben
RB ~ Kamara, Carson, Monty, Gaskin, L. Perine
WR ~ Juju, Tee, J Brown, Sanders, Viska,
TE ~ Kelce
Carrying two D's this week to cover Ravens bye..

I just don't know if I should weaken myself or just wait on some of these WR's to emerge. Tee is becoming more useful each week. I'd be ok if I could just get low double digits out of them. Talking to you juju...


Any of these available in your league?:

Travis Fulgham-Eagles
Tim Patrick-Broncos
Preston Williams-Dolphins


Just williams because I dropped him this week to fill a D on bye

This is my first year in a 14 team league and the WW is a little more challenging. THink I'm gonna take Naut's advice, hold tight and work the WW harder
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007
Sand$: 1,723.14
Elmagister wrote:
davie36k wrote:What is Mike Davis worth to a Mccafrey owner? I offered this guy Mike Davis and Boyd to get Godwin in return.

With McCaffrey coming back soon, not enough to lose Godwin's potential for Boyd. It also depends on his RB depth.


Do you think replacing Boyd with Chark would make a difference??? Or would it even be worth it at that point?
_______________________________________

I TELL YOU!!!