2020 Hot Seat

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,233.82
Or cam to the jets...
Sand$: 32,748.11
rugger48 wrote:How about they trade ryan to the jets?

Geeeee

That's the issue. Trading Ryan would incur $44M in dead cap space.
rugger48 wrote:Or cam to the jets...

possible since he will be a free agent, presumably. I don't recall if the Pats can franchise tag him or if a no-tag was built in to the contract.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 101,978.73
If I’m Cam Newton I want to be with the patriots. With him I think they are legitimately 1-2 years from being SB contenders.

Boogs34 wrote:If I’m Cam Newton I want to be with the patriots. With him I think they are legitimately 1-2 years from being SB contenders.

sure but he's also going to want to get paid.

Not saying he wants to be paid and lose for the Jets.

Cam will likely go to Team C. I wouldn't be shocked if he headed to Washington. But we are getting way ahead of ourselves.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
endzoneview wrote:Look, all I have to look forward to is the Jets potentially drafting Trevor Lawrence so leave me alone

Do you honestly think the Jets can't even get that right? lol

I see a 2 win season at the end to dash the faithful's dreams.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,578.50
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:How about they trade ryan to the jets?

Geeeee

That's the issue. Trading Ryan would incur $44M in dead cap space.

It is an issue, but his cap # is 41m if he's on the team. So by trading him they're devoting an additional $3m in 2021 so they don't have to incur a $27m penalty in 2022.
correct

Then we have to find someone willing to take on the remainder of his deal

The base salary isn't too bad at $23M, $16M, $20M but he'll be 36, 37 and 38 with no Julio or Ridley. No guarantees left outside of roster bonus at $7.5M each season.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,449.10
Matt Ryan to the Colts would be spectacular. I do not want to hear about what the Colts would owe Rivers. Every other dollar they spend on their team is wasted with Rivers at the helm.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
You dont want to hear it but they would owe him zero dollars
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,449.10
endzoneview wrote:You dont want to hear it but they would owe him zero dollars

Man, that makes the quickie divorce from Rivers even easier. That Colts team with Ryan at the helm could play with anybody. TY should take a pay cut to make it happen.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Arthur Blank on Matt Ryan’s future -
“Matt’s been a franchise leader for us. A great quarterback. One of the leading quarterbacks in the last 13 years in the NFL. So I hope he’s gonna be part of our plans going forward. But that will be a decision that I won’t make.

“You know, Matt has the ability to play at a very high level, even at this age. Whether that’s gonna continue or not, I’m not sure. I appreciate his willingness to consider doing that, and the level of what he’s played for us for 13 years, which has been incredible. So I — we’ll have to see. But then again that’s gonna be a decision at the end of the day that’ll be — part of it will be up to the player and part of it will be up to the coaching staff. And whether or not Matt can keep himself together and God willing he’ll be able to do that and play at the level that he’s capable of playing at.”
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,233.82
Well I still feel to realize how that’s happened?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,978.15
Mike McCarthy generating some heat in Dallas:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.

Source: Jane Slater on Twitter
Oct 20, 2020, 1:29 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... es/9810471
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,168.15
Mcarthy will not make it to next season.

Image Image