It's Tua Time

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,000.54
Ok, I dropped Fitzpatrick and picked up Tagovailoa.
I can't believe I started off this season with Russell Wilson as my QB, and now I have two rookies at the position. Image

QB: Herbert, Tagovailoa   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, McKinnon, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Higgins, Reagor
TE: Kelce  IDP: Baker  K: Lutz  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 499.06
I wouldn't necessarily get hopes up for fantasy production. Flores and the broader organization are doing a great job of creating an environment that lets their players flourish, but its focused on real-life football success, and its long term. I'd expect Tua to have some growing pains, but that's part of the process.

(homer take)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,030.64
He gets to face Aaron Donald in his first NFL start. Lucky him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,540.14
Line has been playing well this season. This will be a good test.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,071.84
He also get more than a full week to prepare .
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,071.84
garsh wrote:Ok, I dropped Fitzpatrick and picked up Tagovailoa.
I can't believe I started off this season with Russell Wilson as my QB, and now I have two rookies at the position. Image

You trade away Wilson?
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,000.54
rugger48 wrote:You trade away Wilson?

Got Kelce for him.

With the change in bye weeks due to COVID, both my QBs ended up with the same bye week. We can only roster 2, so I had to get rid of somebody before I could pick up a replacement for the bye.

QB: Herbert, Tagovailoa   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, McKinnon, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Higgins, Reagor
TE: Kelce  IDP: Baker  K: Lutz  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,001.22
Fitz is NOT taking his "firing" well.
Sand$: 40,965.67
endzoneview wrote:Likely the plan all along to start him after the bye if he was ready to roll

It gave Fitzpatrick a definite timeline to just to let it rip, not caring about looking over his shoulder every week. That probably helped him play as well as he did.

or not

Ryan Fitzpatrick said he was "shocked" by the Dolphins' decision to bench him and name Tua Tagovailoa the starter for Week 8 against the Rams.
Fitzpatrick was caught off guard when he was called into coach Brian Flores' office to learn the news and admitted it "broke his heart" to find out he's not the starter anymore. "I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of Zoom meetings listening to the guy who fired me, and being in a spaced out room listening to the guy who replaced me," Fitzpatrick said. He felt the Dolphins were his team right now, and he was playing well, leading the Dolphins to a 3-3 record headed into their bye week. Clearly, if this was Miami's plan all along, Fitzpatrick had no idea and was blindsided by it. There's been some chatter that the Dolphins could potentially listen to trade offers for Fitzpatrick ahead of the November 3 deadline. The NFL is always more fun when Fitzpatrick is playing.

Bummer. I assumed it was an organizational plan all along to go to the rookie after the bye but evidently they forgot to tell Fitzpatrick.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,619.97
endzoneview wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Likely the plan all along to start him after the bye if he was ready to roll

It gave Fitzpatrick a definite timeline to just to let it rip, not caring about looking over his shoulder every week. That probably helped him play as well as he did.

or not

Ryan Fitzpatrick said he was "shocked" by the Dolphins' decision to bench him and name Tua Tagovailoa the starter for Week 8 against the Rams.
Fitzpatrick was caught off guard when he was called into coach Brian Flores' office to learn the news and admitted it "broke his heart" to find out he's not the starter anymore. "I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of Zoom meetings listening to the guy who fired me, and being in a spaced out room listening to the guy who replaced me," Fitzpatrick said. He felt the Dolphins were his team right now, and he was playing well, leading the Dolphins to a 3-3 record headed into their bye week. Clearly, if this was Miami's plan all along, Fitzpatrick had no idea and was blindsided by it. There's been some chatter that the Dolphins could potentially listen to trade offers for Fitzpatrick ahead of the November 3 deadline. The NFL is always more fun when Fitzpatrick is playing.

Bummer. I assumed it was an organizational plan all along to go to the rookie after the bye but evidently they forgot to tell Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, I just saw that and I feel bad for Fitz. Either the Miami Front Office or coaching staff must suck - the management owed it to Fitz to gameplan and socialize a handover with him beforehand.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,540.14
For what it's worth, he was more light hearted about it than it sounds in text.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,513.08
Its Tua Clock

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,619.97
Griffimo wrote:Its Tua Clock

That's what the LBs will be saying after they blow him up with a sack and he's flat on his back.
Sand$: 40,965.67
Elmagister wrote:For what it's worth, he was more light hearted about it than it sounds in text.

obviously I know Fitz a bit from his time with the Jets so yeah, I can totally see this.

He's obviously not happy about it. I'm just concerned about his "blindside" comment. Light hearted or not, that's a phrase that made me perk up my ears a bit.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,502.79
I’m sad for Fitz....

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion