It's Tua Time

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
Is it that crazy to think Tua's been outplaying (or going even with) Fitzpatrick in practice?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,084.52
zuggyawesome wrote:Is it that crazy to think Tua's been outplaying (or going even with) Fitzpatrick in practice?

not crazy at all but i don't think that was the case. Fitzpatrick wouldn't be mad if that was the case imo

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,946.00
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Is it that crazy to think Tua's been outplaying (or going even with) Fitzpatrick in practice?

not crazy at all but i don't think that was the case. Fitzpatrick wouldn't be mad if that was the case imo

Completely agree w/ this.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,577.24
Disappointment has transitioned into anger now. People love narratives.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:Disappointment has transitioned into anger now. People love narratives.

True. But I’m sure you saw Fitz’ demeanor. Regardless of how you label that (disappointed or mad) I agree that Fitz wouldn’t have had the same reaction had Tua been outplaying him in practice... I get that this is Dolphins Bye week, so perhaps this was the plan all along. Just seemed like MIA had a good groove to the offense under Fitz.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
--
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 509.02
nosman21 wrote:Just seemed like MIA had a good groove to the offense under Fitz.

Which is great and all for this season, but Fitz isn't the future. Playoffs this season would be great, but that's not the goal this year. Getting Tua out there and working with the offense in game situations is more important for the long term plan.

Again, agreed that the messaging to Fitz could have been better. But the decision itself isn't a bad move.
Supreme Megalodon
Miami's offense wasn't on a groove. They were kicking a lot of field goals, and Fitz was committing inexcusable turnovers. He was being Fitz. There's a lot of room for improvement.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:Miami's offense wasn't on a groove. They were kicking a lot of field goals, and Fitz was committing inexcusable turnovers. He was being Fitz. There's a lot of room for improvement.

admittedly last full Fins game I saw start to finish was against Jax, and they looked pretty darn good and But that was week 3. Decent game against the Hawks and then they crushed the 49ers and Jets. Not really looking to argue just from outsiders perspective, didn’t think QB was that much of an issue. I get that Fitz isn’t the future, and Look forward to seeing what Tua can do.

--
Supreme Megalodon
Not arguing, but pointing out that their loses were against the two division opponents they'll be competitive against if winning the division actually is a goal, and their wins came against bad teams.

I think this move is very much about long term goals, but it's also short term in that they can get Tua ready for a late season push. If they don't win the division/make the playoffs, they haven't really lost anything. This isn't a team that can compete for the super bowl right now.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:Not arguing, but pointing out that their loses were against the two division opponents they'll be competitive against if winning the division actually is a goal, and their wins came against bad teams.

I think this move is very much about long term goals, but it's also short term in that they can get Tua ready for a late season push. If they don't win the division/make the playoffs, they haven't really lost anything. This isn't a team that can compete for the super bowl right now.

Great points. I’m excited about their trajectory and direction. Great coach too

--
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,072.90
I’m not sure hes totally upset at being replaced, I think he probably planned to retire after this season and it kind of seems sudden to him because he might not play football again.

I mean he’s using the word heartbroken. This is the 8th team in his career, he couldn’t have been completely blind sided by this.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
Professional athletes don't get to where they are by believing it's better for the team if other people take their spots.

Makes perfect sense for a starting QB to be upset or heartbroken over losing the starting job. I'm sure he understood the moment they drafted Tua top 5 that he was eventually going to have to hand the reigns over to the young QB.. but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be disappointed when it happened.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sure.

That's different than him being pissed off about it. People want so badly for this trip be Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson situation.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,084.52
Elmagister wrote:Sure.

That's different than him being pissed off about it. People want so badly for this trip be Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson situation.

really? i've haven't seen that narrative much. I feel fitz was pissed like any other competitor would be...he said he felt like he was FIRED.

Big difference with FItz is he's still going to be professional about it

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,324.28
Grabbed Tua in a couple redrafts WW, just because you never know.
If he’s better than The Beard, that’s an asset worth having for part deux of Covid 2020

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour