Trade Questions and Advice

Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,647.61
Working on putting something together. In a 0.5 PPR vacuum, what kind of guy could I shoot for offering a OBJ and David Montgomery combo? Probably a RB target.

In honesty, I don't think that will move the needle at all. It seems whenever I see "buy low" articles, that's everyone I drafted.

Could package Le'Veon Bell and/or Justin Jackson too. Ultimately looking for a better WR3 than OBJ, and better (or at least more exciting) RB than Montgomery. It's a 14 team league, plenty of weak teams wracked by injuries, but make a bad first offer usually kills that person entertaining any kind of deal for awhile.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,968.74
Gilgamesh wrote:Working on putting something together. In a 0.5 PPR vacuum, what kind of guy could I shoot for offering a OBJ and David Montgomery combo? Probably a RB target.

In honesty, I don't think that will move the needle at all. It seems whenever I see "buy low" articles, that's everyone I drafted.

Could package Le'Veon Bell and/or Justin Jackson too. Ultimately looking for a better WR3 than OBJ, and better (or at least more exciting) RB than Montgomery. It's a 14 team league, plenty of weak teams wracked by injuries, but make a bad first offer usually kills that person entertaining any kind of deal for awhile.

Miles Sanders? Maybe Nick Chubb... not sure when he's due back.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,721.06
Pick 2 ros, please. Possible trade being discussed and I lose 1. Thanks. Redraft.
McLaurin
DiontaeJ
LaviskaS
Last edited by rsr1 on Thu 10.22.2020, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,053.52
rsr1 wrote:Pick 2 ros, please. Possible trade being discussed and I lose 1. Thanks.
McLaurin
DiontaeJ
LaviskaS

Keep McLaurin and Laviskas

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 530.48
jdferguson07 wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:Working on putting something together. In a 0.5 PPR vacuum, what kind of guy could I shoot for offering a OBJ and David Montgomery combo? Probably a RB target.

Miles Sanders? Maybe Nick Chubb... not sure when he's due back.

Chubb has another month it sounds like. Unless you're in really great shape/highly confident it seems risky.

Sanders is a decent option, might want to aim higher. Think you can swing Mixon or JT? Carson? Sanders is obviously an easier sell right now though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,373.36
hard 10 wrote:
rsr1 wrote:Pick 2 ros, please. Possible trade being discussed and I lose 1. Thanks.
McLaurin
DiontaeJ
LaviskaS

Keep McLaurin and Laviskas

agree scary terry and viska
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,022.98
Thoughts on Michael Thomas ROS? Seems like a buy opportunity on name marquee but pretty dinged up this year. Anyone concerned or go get him?
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,647.61
As for Michael Thomas, see what it would take. In my leagues, he was too high a draft pick, performed too well last year, and has too much name recognition to be a sell low. Yet he's missed a number of games, and there's risk, but you won't likely get a discount for it. As an example, the Christian McCaffrey owner is tanking in one league, but is ignoring all -- and some pretty fair -- offers. See if you get a response though.

The question I have is Jonathan Taylor. Now Taylor is on a bye, and I can offer David Montgomery and something else. Montgomery is not an exciting guy to watch, but looking at his numbers after the Tarik Cohen injury, they seem somewhat comparable to Taylor.

In the market I live, we haven't seen any Indy games -- so no eye test, though I did watch Taylor as a Badger. How much of an upgrade is he?

I could package Montgomery with OBJ, or another RB -- a Le'Veon Bell, Justin Jackson, or Latavius Murray. Seems that may be too much...or not
Megalodon
yecul wrote:Thoughts on Michael Thomas ROS? Seems like a buy opportunity on name marquee but pretty dinged up this year. Anyone concerned or go get him?

I traded for him a week ago in a keeper (though he's not an option to be kept), sending Josh Kelley and Deebo.
That was before the hamstring issue, but I still think he's a solid buy if you can get him for a decent price.
He's got a good 2nd half schedule, and there's no reason to think he won't immediately jump back up to the top of the WR rankings once he's back on the field.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,373.36
hard 10 wrote:
yecul wrote:Thoughts on Michael Thomas ROS? Seems like a buy opportunity on name marquee but pretty dinged up this year. Anyone concerned or go get him?

I traded for him a week ago in a keeper (though he's not an option to be kept), sending Josh Kelley and Deebo.
That was before the hamstring issue, but I still think he's a solid buy if you can get him for a decent price.
He's got a good 2nd half schedule, and there's no reason to think he won't immediately jump back up to the top of the WR rankings once he's back on the field.

i agree should have been a target for buy low earlier but the owner of thomas has got to be frustrated as all hell about now,losing out to a team suspension followed by a hammy which could be multiple games injury
Megalodon
mstrbass2000 wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

i agree should have been a target for buy low earlier but the owner of thomas has got to be frustrated as all hell about now,losing out to a team suspension followed by a hammy which could be multiple games injury

Yeah, that really should knock the price down even further, especially if it's a team teetering on the edge of playoff contention right now.

-Mike McD, Rounders
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,022.98
Traded Woods for MThomas. I can wait a couple weeks for MT if needed and Jefferson's helped my WR depth.

Hoping MT can have a nice 2md half but still sew risk here. Still, seems like a no-brainer, yes? The owner has 1 win and needs points this week and news about MT possibling being out next week too pushed it over the top
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,277.46
Dynasty Mess 1-6:

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Two Flexes

Rodgers, Burrow, Minshew
Chubb, Hunt, CEH, Bell, Kelley, Lindsay, Bernard, Edwards
Adams, Robinson, McLaurin, Kupp, Higgins, Aiyuk, Campbell, Pittman, Edwards, Smith (Saints)
Gesicki, Tonyan, MAC

Would you look at embracing the punt and building forward by trading
Adams, Chubb for
Barkley, AJ Brown, Cooper

?

I'm not really sure I see a lot of benefits of that but they're intriguing names on the returning side.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,361.96
davie36k wrote:What is Mike Davis worth to a Mccafrey owner? I offered this guy Mike Davis and Boyd to get Godwin in return.
depending what the RBs are, but as a CMac owner, I passed on Davis, thinking CMac would come back quickly. In fairness, I had Conner, Miles, and picked up JRobinson the week before.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,185.98
just took over a PPR w/ Flex dynasty team. Was offered Chark and a 2nd rounder for Golladay.

I've got Tyreek/Golladay/CeeDee/Hollywood/MVS (start 3 WRs and there's a Flex...RBs are not cutting it)

I wouldn't mind that second 2nd rounder next season. Worth it? Should I counter for McLaurin?