It's Tua Time

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,072.90
zuggyawesome wrote:Professional athletes don't get to where they are by believing it's better for the team if other people take their spots.

Makes perfect sense for a starting QB to be upset or heartbroken over losing the starting job. I'm sure he understood the moment they drafted Tua top 5 that he was eventually going to have to hand the reigns over to the young QB.. but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be disappointed when it happened.

Um, he’s a 16 year vet who has been on 8 teams who is playing in front of the 5th overall pick on a team whose been looking for franchise Qb since Dan Marino. Being a little pissed off is ok, but acting like all 16 years were with the dolphins and and he’s being benched at the end of his career is a little dramatic.

Like i said I think he possibly acting this way because he might not step on the field again. That’s just a guess, I have nothing to support this other than the way he’s acting.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 604.66
Someone will pay him, He's incredibly bright too. He has real-estate in buffalo still and makes a pretty penny renting it to one of the current bills players. I would imagine he's done similar in his other destinations. Great way to set yourself up in retirement
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,391.15
rugger48 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Professional athletes don't get to where they are by believing it's better for the team if other people take their spots.

Makes perfect sense for a starting QB to be upset or heartbroken over losing the starting job. I'm sure he understood the moment they drafted Tua top 5 that he was eventually going to have to hand the reigns over to the young QB.. but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be disappointed when it happened.

Um, he’s a 16 year vet who has been on 8 teams who is playing in front of the 5th overall pick on a team whose been looking for franchise Qb since Dan Marino. Being a little pissed off is ok, but acting like all 16 years were with the dolphins and and he’s being benched at the end of his career is a little dramatic.

Like i said I think he possibly acting this way because he might not step on the field again. That’s just a guess, I have nothing to support this other than the way he’s acting.

That’s exactly what it is. He knew he would not be those starter next year so he figured as long as he played well and they were in the playofff hint, it was his team.

So, he was just blindsided and I actually don’t like the move right now either.

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,577.24
What I hate most about how this played out is that I'm not even enjoying Tua becoming the starter. What I hate second most are the people who say, "I think they should have waited to see how this Fitz thing played out." I guess it'll forever be a mystery.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
Elmagister wrote:What I hate most about how this played out is that I'm not even enjoying Tua becoming the starter. What I hate second most are the people who say, "I think they should have waited to see how this Fitz thing played out." I guess it'll forever be a mystery.

We've seen this story 8 times already, and it doesn't have a happy ending :lol:

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,259.16
If any of you Tua/Dolphins fans are also into beer, here you go:

https://otherworldsbrewing.com/products ... ss-by-zolt

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,036.04
My thoughts on this are that Coach Flores and their front office have proven to be good at their jobs, and this is anything but a tanking move. They have Houston's top 5 pick - they don't need to tank. They're a decent team and they deserve to have some playoff aspirations. We have 20 years of evidence that says you will never, ever get anywhere with Fitzpatrick. It seems like the hip injury made everyone forget Tua was a generational prospect. They must feel that he's the potential lift they need to compete at the highest level, and I share that perspective. I'm loudly rooting for Tua and Miami.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,598.82
I think they wanted to make the move at the bye. It's just they thought their bye was week 10 and if Fitz played like he has (not well) then they wouldn't be winning anyway. These circumstances make for an awkward transition, but there is definitely nothing tank about this. It's about gaining experience to potentially be a legit threat in 21.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,259.16
Yeah I think some people mistake fantasy points for being a real life quality QB. Tua is going to be an absolute stud. Fitz is Matt Schaub with a sweet beard.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,084.52
SJSwarm wrote:Yeah I think some people mistake fantasy points for being a real life quality QB. Tua is going to be an absolute stud. Fitz is Matt Schaub with a sweet beard.

Even better than Mariota?

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Yeah I think some people mistake fantasy points for being a real life quality QB. Tua is going to be an absolute stud. Fitz is Matt Schaub with a sweet beard.

I'm not sure why people are still poking at Mariota. It's apparent that Tannehill is much, much better than people thought and the Titans upgraded their weapons significantly in 2019.

Yes, I would rather have Mariota than Fitz.

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,084.52
zuggyawesome wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

I'm not sure why people are still poking at Mariota. It's apparent that Tannehill is much, much better than people thought and the Titans upgraded their weapons significantly in 2019.

Yes, I would rather have Mariota than Fitz.

people poke fun at everyone...people still poke fun at Jamarcus Russell :twisted: . Don't take it personal man...it's ok

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:people poke fun at everyone...people still poke fun at Jamarcus Russell :twisted: . Don't take it personal man...it's ok

Sand$: 41,038.53
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports one of the reasons the Dolphins are starting Tua Tagovailoa over Ryan Fitzpatrick is so they can evaluate whether to draft a quarterback in 2021.
Miami has Houston’s first and second round picks this year. With the Texans headed for a bottom-five finish, it puts the Dolphins in position to draft another quarterback. Miami wants to know if they have their quarterback in Tua and if his surgically-repaired hip can hold up. If not, this could turn into a Cardinals situation with the Dolphins one and done with Tua. Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, and North Dakota’s Trey Lance are considered the top quarterbacks in this year’s class.

They will likely have a top 3 pick so I guess it makes sense

Kind of crazy how some rookie quarterbacks are only getting a handful of games to prove themselves. The Kyler Murray/Josh Rosen swap has everyone thinking they can do that.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,577.24
Flores has already disputed that, saying they believe in developing players.