Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,173.84
Last year, I saw Waller's background on Hard Knox and was like, I need that guy on my team.
This year, I saw that WR coach hype up Herbert and was like, I need that guy on my team.

That Hard Knox has been a goldmine for my dynasty league the past two seasons, lol.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,817.42
bluemist wrote:Top 10 QB with a juicy schedule.
I was wrong. He is now the #3 QB -per game- in our league. \:D/

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Honorary Mod (powerless)
Sand$: 2,789.98
bluemist wrote:
bluemist wrote:Top 10 QB with a juicy schedule.
I was wrong. He is now the #3 QB -per game- in our league. \:D/

Number 1, by a large margin, over the last 4 weeks in my leagues.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,995.42
Sad how Tyrod lost his job and I'd bet Lynn would still be playing him if it hadn't happened. I had my fingers crossed with Herbert since the draft and could not be happier with what he's done and where he can go from here.

His arm is ridiculous and he can run a bit too. It's exactly what they needed to cover up some warts on the O line which Rivers made look like garbage year in year out.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,001.74
scootm44 wrote:I can't remember what we didn't like about him back on draft day.

Besides the fact that he was the backup?

QB: Herbert, Tagovailoa   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, McKinnon, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Higgins, Reagor
TE: Kelce  IDP: Baker  K: Lutz  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Megalodon
Sand$: 145,210.05
garsh wrote:
scootm44 wrote:I can't remember what we didn't like about him back on draft day.

Besides the fact that he was the backup?

I was talking about real life not fantasy. There was not much love for his future pro prospects.

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,001.74
scootm44 wrote:I was talking about real life not fantasy.
Ah. Ok
There was not much love for his future pro prospects.
Are you referring to some discussion in the forums here, or in general?
I'm guessing the former, since he was a first-rounder, sixth-overall?

QB: Herbert, Tagovailoa   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, McKinnon, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Higgins, Reagor
TE: Kelce  IDP: Baker  K: Lutz  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,259.00
OarChambo wrote:

His college coaching, apparently.

This. All of this.

Herbert was Charlie Checkdown at Oregon and rarely threw it deep.

The multi level throwing ability was rarely seen. Oregon has always had mediocre WR’s until recently, as well. And his best WR last year got hurt.

I’m fine with the fact that I was totally wrong about Herbert, it’s good for the reputation of Oregon players in the NFL, and it’s great for my dynasty team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,507.79
SJSwarm wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

This. All of this.

The multi level throwing ability was rarely seen. Oregon has always had mediocre WR’s until recently, as well. And his best WR last year got hurt.

I’m fine with the fact that I was totally wrong about Herbert, it’s good for the reputation of Oregon players in the NFL, and it’s great for my dynasty team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m just glad that enough people were wrong about him that I could get him off waivers a couple weeks ago in my keeper league.

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,072.90
SJSwarm wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

This. All of this.

Just for the record I didn’t see a lot if people arguing against you about him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,259.00
I mean I saw him going in the 4th and 5th rounds of dynasty rookie drafts. I know I wasn’t the only one who didn’t see this coming.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,612.26
Right, I don't think his valuation given the info we had in May was bad process. It's just further evidence that forecasting qb's to our game is error prone. The risk assessment depends on many unquantifiable factors. It's important to account for everything you can, but just be aware that we will never be privy to all information.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,760.84
Yep, he was a huge wiff for me. In fact whatever evaluators I was listening to back before my rookie draft almost moved Herbert into "do not draft" territory for me. I'm not trying to blame anyone else here (I know I'm supposed to do my own research but since I don't watch college ball that's harder... I'm just not going to sit around watching "tape" for hours).

But seriously it wasn't just folks here who didn't see this coming. It was LITERALLY every podcast I listened to, every article I read, etc. etc.

He went in the 4th round of my dyno draft. Tyrod went the pick right after him.

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,946.00
bunnywafer wrote:Yep, he was a huge wiff for me. In fact whatever evaluators I was listening to back before my rookie draft almost moved Herbert into "do not draft" territory for me. I'm not trying to blame anyone else here (I know I'm supposed to do my own research but since I don't watch college ball that's harder... I'm just not going to sit around watching "tape" for hours).

But seriously it wasn't just folks here who didn't see this coming. It was LITERALLY every podcast I listened to, every article I read, etc. etc.

He went in the 4th round of my dyno draft. Tyrod went the pick right after him.

Yeah. I didn’t see it coming pre season. My post was after the Tampa Bay game - his 3rd start, but before the MNF game where I predicted a blowup. Guys like Herbert are why I typically wait on QB. There is usually a late rounder or waiver wire QB that can deliver better value.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,217.06
Herbert usually went mid-late 3rd round, which felt too early for me and was still considering WR/LB at those positions. Really needed a qb bad in 2-3 dynasties, sigh.