User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15381
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 39,291.94
zuggyawesome wrote:Looking like this is a 1a, 1b situation with Lockett and Metcalf.

In the short term, I'd probably prefer Lockett.


They're #8 (Lockett) and #10 (Metcalf) in receiving yardage on the season, and were #8 (Metcalf) and #27 (Lockett) before week 7. That includes a week 6 bye, and none of the receivers ahead of Metcalf had a bye week yet, though Ridley did have a week 4 with zero catches.
They're #2 (Lockett) and #13 (Metcalf) in WR points per game (PPR) on the season, and were #5 (Metcalf) and #13 (Lockett) before week 7.

In the short and long term, I'd prefer Metcalf, and in the short and long term I'd feel just fine about having both in my lineup.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Posts: 4568
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 23,893.18
hard 10 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Looking like this is a 1a, 1b situation with Lockett and Metcalf.

In the short term, I'd probably prefer Lockett.


They're #8 (Lockett) and #10 (Metcalf) in receiving yardage on the season, and were #8 (Metcalf) and #27 (Lockett) before week 7. That includes a week 6 bye, and none of the receivers ahead of Metcalf had a bye week yet, though Ridley did have a week 4 with zero catches.
They're #2 (Lockett) and #13 (Metcalf) in WR points per game (PPR) on the season, and were #5 (Metcalf) and #13 (Lockett) before week 7.

In the short and long term, I'd prefer Metcalf, and in the short and long term I'd feel just fine about having both in my lineup.


A lot of the disparity came from DK scoring a TD in every game -- he's a weapon, but we all know that TDs are sporadic.

Both of them are going to have games where defensive coverage, gamescript etc will make them have a down week; but Lockett seems to have more reception potential.

Agree with your overall point. I've got a lot of DK and Lockett; Lockett has been a favorite of mine for years and was huge on DK, Sutton, AJB, Diontae this year, Ya obviously want both of them.
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4568
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 23,893.18
Elmagister wrote:DK hadn't scored in every game, for the record.

Before last night when Lockett had 20(!!!) targets, he had 39 targets to DK's 38. In looking closer, I'd like to agree with you that they are 1a/b. :lol:


:lol:
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7247
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 67,407.68
SJSwarm wrote:Does anyone know why Hicks left the game? Can’t find anything online about it.


Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 73540
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 319,168.15
Elmagister wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Looking like this is a 1a, 1b situation with Lockett and Metcalf.

In the short term, I'd probably prefer Lockett.

Last night was Metcalf's first game below 90 yards and has received 8 or more targets in 4 of 6 games.


The reason metcAlf struggled was cuz Peterson was on him all game.

But that was a hell of a td saving run and tackle.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34089
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 27,156.06
Griffimo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Does anyone know why Hicks left the game? Can’t find anything online about it.





Thank you! My cursed season continues lmaoooooo
_______________________________________

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Posts: 4568
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 23,893.18
Peterson achilles heel has been undersized shifty receivers, he’s an all-pro but he matches up much better vs Metcalf than Lockett so I dont factor in his shadow coverage as an indicator that Metcalf is defenses #1 (perhaps thatll be proven in the future).
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 73540
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 319,168.15
zuggyawesome wrote:Peterson achilles heel has been undersized shifty receivers, he’s an all-pro but he matches up much better vs Metcalf than Lockett so I dont factor in his shadow coverage as an indicator that Metcalf is defenses #1 (perhaps thatll be proven in the future).


That’s a really good point that I was not aware of.

I was watching the game and wondering why they were continuing to let Lockett run all over the field and not switch Peterson over to him.

But then again, when they did. Lockett scored a touchdown over him.

So now it all makes sense. Thanks!
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4861
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 8,526.26
In case anyone missed this. Dude is big, powerful and faaaaast

Last edited by sctroyfan on Tue 10.27.2020, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7247
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 67,407.68
sctroyfan wrote:In case you guys missed it.. Dude is big, powerful and faaaaast



User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7247
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 67,407.68
Thought I read Budda was a state 100M and 200M champion too
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4861
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 8,526.26
Griffimo wrote:Thought I read Budda was a state 100M and 200M champion too


Even with a head start he got whupped

The combination of size ( 6'4" 230 ) and speed has got to be scurry for opposing secondaries... I've got a complete mancrush on the dude and kick myself most sundays because I should have reached for him in my draft
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo