Tom Brady moving on to Tampa

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,168.15
bluemist wrote:I meant that BA has rarely used the TE as a primary weapon, which was discussed at length here earlier in the preseason.

Well, he certainly has the past two games. lol

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,233.82
Budmonsan wrote:
bluemist wrote:I meant that BA has rarely used the TE as a primary weapon, which was discussed at length here earlier in the preseason.

AB wasn’t suppose to be in Tampa , so I’m not sure arians/leftwich is the one calling their number.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 69,430.12
rugger48 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:

AB wasn’t suppose to be in Tampa , so I’m not sure arians/leftwich is the one calling their number.

It would be fascinating to see behind the curtain -- how much of the TE usage is the coaching staff trying to make best use of their personnel (or appease Brady) and intentionally changing their offensive philosophy, versus Brady just audibling or forcing the playcall.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 67,407.68

german blood spinning + hgh + whatever magic potion alex guerrero is pushing
Supreme Megalodon
Griffimo wrote:

german blood spinning + hgh + whatever magic potion alex guerrero is pushing

Bad defenses and elite WR.

:)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 67,407.68
at age 43 this is just stupidly impressive
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,168.15
And they we’re saying his arm was dead. Seems pretty lively the past two games.

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Budmonsan wrote:And they we’re saying his arm was dead. Seems pretty lively the past two games.

I haven't been able to watch any of his games this year. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether:
a) they've faced bad defenses, or
b) the offense is humming regardless of opponent?

In the playoffs, I assume that their biggest opponents will have a good to great defense, so I'm wondering whether the recent success is maintainable against a great defense.
Supreme Megalodon
Cyguy84 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:And they we’re saying his arm was dead. Seems pretty lively the past two games.

I haven't been able to watch any of his games this year. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether:
a) they've faced bad defenses, or
b) the offense is humming regardless of opponent?

In the playoffs, I assume that their biggest opponents will have a good to great defense, so I'm wondering whether the recent success is maintainable against a great defense.

Looking at MFL stats:

-Last 3 opponents have had horrible defenses (MIN #26 against pass, ATL #30, DET #29), and this coming week they face ATL again. So that won't give any indication of how they'll fare in the playoffs.

-Week 12 (they had a bye Week 13), they faced the Chiefs (#16 OPP PASS) and Brady put up stats (27/41 for 345 and 3 TD, but 2 INT).

Looking at his season overall, and ignoring all of the other variables (e.g., injuries to WR, how early in the season, etc.) and only looking at this "OPP PASS" metric, there is some concerning data...

Overall Average (15 games): 25 completions out of 38 attempts (66%), for 282.3 yards and 2.6 TD
Average against #20 or lower OPP PASS (8 games): 26.5 completions out of 38 attempts (70%), for 324 yards and 3.125 TD
Average against #14 or higher OPP PASS (6 games): 23 completions out of 38 attempts (60%), for 217 yards and 1.6 TD
Average against #10 or higher OPP PASS (3 games): 25 completions out of 41 attempts (60%), for 229 yards and 1.33 TD

So... what does this mean? Absolutely nothing, all that matters is how they execute in the playoffs. But it does show that the stats are inflated by feasting on horrible defenses.

The good news is if they win against ATL, they're locked into the #5 seed and get to face the NFC East Division Champion (currently WAS, but DAL and NYG could win it). Unfortunately, if the #2 Saints and #3 Seahawks win in the first round, TB is headed to GB to face the #1 Packers in the second round, but they're in the middle of the pack for OPP DEF so who knows.
Supreme Megalodon
This dude is now completely immersed in MJ, Serena,lb ,etc as the best in sports.
Last edited by rugger48 on Sun 01.24.2021, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,889.96
I think you mean completely surpassed MJ, Serena, lbj...
Megalodon
Sand$: 119,889.15
I didn't know Lyndon Johnson played sports.

Supreme Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:I think you mean completely surpassed MJ, Serena, lbj...

Nah , I’m not sure. All kinds of variables involved.
Supreme Megalodon
This is truly ridiculous. At his age, years after Manning and Favre and other greats fell apart, he's still chucking it deep to score a TD before the half.

After 6 Championship rings, the only criticism he faced was being called a system QB... so he switched teams and systems, then beat Brees and Rodgers in order to challenge the face of the new generation (Mahomes) for a final SB ring.

I don't care if he wins it -- the Bucs will be the underdogs and the Chiefs are a very talented team. But the magic is there, I could see the Bucs play up to their talent and win the damn thing, and that would be a crowning achievement on an already stellar career.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,527.60
GOAT