Week 8 Waiver Wire

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,612.26
Budmonsan wrote:Wow, seems like the same players just can’t stay healthy and for some reason they are on my teams. lol

No way of saying from here that it is related, but drafting any WR coming off a summer jones fracture comes with enhanced injury risk. And not just as it relates to the foot. Cause the foot is only one problem with the jones. The over compensations that develop while recovering from it are arguably more problematic.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
hard 10 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:I just can't help it. Mayfield looked phenomenal last week and he gets another soft matchup with the Raiders next week. If you need a QB, he's a good stream.

He may be a decent bye week fill-in for Murray or Watson in week 8, but it's a mistake to EVER draw any long-term conclusions from what happens in Browns-Bengals games. Mayfield nearly doubled his previous best game (15.6) of the season in week 7 (29.8 ), and only had 1 week in the first 6 where he finished better than #20 (#16 in week 5).

Again, if you need to cover a bye, he might be a better option than Foles, Jones or Rivers (other QBs likely to be available in many leagues), but a good matchup doesn't make a bad QB good.

Certainly, but Mayfield actually looked good after OBJ left the field. Started out the game 0-5 with an INT on the play that tore OBJ's acl. After that point he looked unstoppable going 22 for 23 with his only incompletion a spike to stop the clock. He just looked much more confident from that point forward.

Mayfield has been one of my guys since he was drafted so this might be a bit of wish casting, but I did see a noticeable difference in the way he played before and after OBJ.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 126,860.54
Mad_Puppy wrote:Agholor, Nelson LVR WR (Browns & Chargers next two weeks)
Higgins, Rashard CLE WR (Raiders, Bye, TExans)

I picked up Nelson last week and actually started him in 3 leagues because I was thin at WR this week.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
SandShark
Sand$: 244.26
Jamychal Hasty, Jamychal Hasty

picked him up sunday morning, then jeff wilson got the surprise go ahead, niners o line is good everyone runs well there, hasty is bringing some juice past 2 weeks like mostert does. wilson injury was a lucky turn of events that made my move work out possibly.

i wonder what mckinnon did that got him so little work, very odd to see him totally frozen out of the work.

Tevin coleman will likely be handled with kid gloves, coming off IR. he wont get featured right away

Deebo did a hammy, someone asked earlier what happened to him
Sand$: 20,899.60
ieatcrayonz wrote:Jamychal Hasty, Jamychal Hasty

picked him up sunday morning, then jeff wilson got the surprise go ahead, niners o line is good everyone runs well there, hasty is bringing some juice past 2 weeks like mostert does. wilson injury was a lucky turn of events that made my move work out possibly.

i wonder what mckinnon did that got him so little work, very odd to see him totally frozen out of the work.

Tevin coleman will likely be handled with kid gloves, coming off IR. he wont get featured right away

I’m warning you.

Tevin Coleman is due back. Jerrick McKinnon is still there. I wouldn’t trust this situation at all.
Sand$: 41,038.37
Shanahan came out and said they wanted to rest McKinnon. Very smart not to overwork him after not playing for two years.

Yeah, Tevin Coleman may come back but he’s the least talented of this group.

Hasty was my call last week. If he’s still available, grab him this week.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,391.15
OarChambo wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:Wow, seems like the same players just can’t stay healthy and for some reason they are on my teams. lol

No way of saying from here that it is related, but drafting any WR coming off a summer jones fracture comes with enhanced injury risk. And not just as it relates to the foot. Cause the foot is only one problem with the jones. The over compensations that develop while recovering from it are arguably more problematic.

Great point.

I don’t even know if it’s worth it to hang on to him any longer.

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,391.15
Lundy Love wrote:
ieatcrayonz wrote:Jamychal Hasty, Jamychal Hasty

I’m warning you.

Tevin Coleman is due back. Jerrick McKinnon is still there. I wouldn’t trust this situation at all.

Agreed. You run the risk of a big fat zero if you play with this fire.

Image Image

Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,390.68
hard 10 wrote:Richard Rodgers - all the Eagles receivers and TEs, except Fulgham, are injured, and he gets allas in week 8.

I see what you did there and I'm commenting with a follow-up so you can deliver the punchline...

Don't you mean *D*allas?
Blue Shark
Sand$: 626.40
If you are in Dynasty and Hasty already there then trade for him as soon as you can. A lot of contracts are coming up and Mostert can stay on the field. In ‘21 Hasty will be a RB1. This year we will just get a taste. He looks like baby beast mode out there already.

QB: Jackson
RB: Chubb, Carson, White, Penny, Freeman,Ballage
WR: Hill, Allen, Hollywood,Anderson, Fuller
TE: Henry, Andrews
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,596.74
Mims will have value, but the team around him threatens his ceiling. In dynasty on the other hand...

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
SandShark
Hasty is just a nice lottery ticket find, not planning or needing to start him right out of the gates, but he looks worthy of being excited about
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,946.00
JaMychal Hasty was who I recommended as a Week 7 waiver grab (as a stash, not to play week 7) - hopefully you grabbed him then.
Realize that Sunday was the Jeff Wilson show, but the tape on Hasty does not lie. He has the burst like Mostert and any time he’s been given carries he produces. I know it’s Shanahan but McKinnon has always been change of pace back and Tevin Coleman is JAG.

Hasty is absolutely worth adding in all formats.

EDIT: Ninernoise agrees

https://ninernoise.com/2020/10/26/sf-49ers-hidden-weapon-jamycal-hasty/amp/

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,050.68
longhorn1rob wrote:
hard 10 wrote:Richard Rodgers - all the Eagles receivers and TEs, except Fulgham, are injured, and he gets allas in week 8.

I see what you did there and I'm commenting with a follow-up so you can deliver the punchline...

Don't you mean *D*allas?

There's no D. :thumbright:

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
SandShark
I grabbed hasty before week 7, on sunday morning, this website is great for being ahead of the curve 3-4 times a year if not more

message board analysis and reasoning here is good, compelling and convincing both for and against a players prospects. getting Hasty is a product of that.

Observations here often see developments that transpire a few weeks before they do