Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,561.02
Didn't have too many come to mind historically. Might be that coaches hold their RBs back a bit or the opposing defense is extra keyed in on them. Only couple recent ones I could think of was Howard vs Chicago last year for Philly (19 82 4.3 1TD), and LeSean McCoy vs. Philly back when he got traded to Buffalo, went over 100 rushing and receiving. Might be that I don't remember that many due to it not happening that often in a big way. :-k

I think the biggest question for Bell v Jets will be how much Andy Reid gives into the notion of giving him enough chances to get some. I could kind of see that jolly coach enjoying letting him.

Gordon vs. the Chargers... I'm not sure the coach would be all about that sort of notion, but he'll be used plenty. That defense is a lot more to contend with however.

Remember any notable ones or have any inklings about what's in store for these two guys?

I did look up Marcus Allen, and his two battles vs the Raiders weren't all that great (1st game he had a TD, but had him bottled up YPC wise, 2nd game at Oakland was a little better).

Megalodon
Sand$: 48,271.95
I'm going to continue to start CEH and leave Bell on my bench until that strategy blows up in my face.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,050.68
It's not really a thing, probably for a few primary reasons.
1. Good starting RBs aren't traded/cut* often, and when they are, it's rarely when they've got a lot of productivity left in them.
2. It's rare that when they do leave, it's with a lot of hostility* on either side. E.g., Gordon's is a common case, where everyone knew his contract was up in SD and he was going to sign with whoever offered the best deal.
3. Unless the RB goes to a team in the same division, it could be years before he faces his previous team again, if ever.

*Bell could certainly be an exception, as he's definitely got a whole lot of "F-You" built up toward the Jets. Fournette is probably another guy who will have a little extra punch if he ever gets to face the Jags.

Marshawn Lynch was a notable recent exception, as he went for 113 and a score, on 10 carries, in a blowout win in his only game against the Bills (2 years after being traded)

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,189.78
I think revenge narrative is an easy buy for Bell v Jets.

Bell v Gase alone as a thing gives Bell motivation

Number 1 offense, SB defending CHAMPS v the LOWLY bottom feeder J E T S naturally lines up with the Chiefs building up an early lead, and running it out to close the game.

Why NOT save your 1st round rookie in this throw-away game, and run the wheels off your highly motivated, barely costing you anything, top-shelf vet, who needs to shake off some rust (maybe)?

Blue 14

Wilson, Burrow
McCaffrey, Bell, White, Moss
Beckham, Golladay, Hilton, Lamb, Samuel
Fant, Arnold
Butker
49ers
Sand$: 41,038.37
I would be shocked if Bell didn’t notch a TD this week
Great White Shark
Hope so on the TD. Thinking he should get some good grind out the game work, like Off Constantly said, has me considering flexing him. Don't have Gordon, but could see him extra motivated too.
hard 10 wrote:It's not really a thing, probably for a few primary reasons.
1. Good starting RBs aren't traded/cut* often, and when they are, it's rarely when they've got a lot of productivity left in them.
2. It's rare that when they do leave, it's with a lot of hostility* on either side. E.g., Gordon's is a common case, where everyone knew his contract was up in SD and he was going to sign with whoever offered the best deal.
3. Unless the RB goes to a team in the same division, it could be years before he faces his previous team again, if ever.

(Good points, I did notice that the few situations I looked up, they didn't play their former team very soon often. Took a while before Ricky Waters played the 9ers again, etc.)

*Bell could certainly be an exception, as he's definitely got a whole lot of "F-You" built up toward the Jets. Fournette is probably another guy who will have a little extra punch if he ever gets to face the Jags.

Marshawn Lynch was a notable recent exception, as he went for 113 and a score, on 10 carries, in a blowout win in his only game against the Bills (2 years after being traded)

Can't believe I didn't remember to check the Marshawn return to Buffalo. :oops: Not sure I'd want to get in the way of an extra driven Beasmo

Thought about a Raiders v Seahawks matchup, but I didn't remember that happening. The league seems to have left those old AFC west rivalries to die. That rivalry was always the funnest to attend in the Kingdome.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,391.15
Apes wrote:I'm going to continue to start CEH and leave Bell on my bench until that strategy blows up in my face.

You have to do that but I Hope bell goes off just for the sake of it.

Image Image

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,189.78

Blue 14

Wilson, Burrow
McCaffrey, Bell, White, Moss
Beckham, Golladay, Hilton, Lamb, Samuel
Fant, Arnold
Butker
49ers
Great White Shark
At least I didn't miss much. Could have had Singletary in for 3 something points more, but likely would have put in Henderson for the exact same points.

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 492.86
No