Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,777.60
I noticed in "Who sharks are starting" that Fournette is in many more lineups than Gurley. I have a choice between them in one of my two flex spots so I would love to know the thoughts here.

WR: C. Kirk, C. Ridley RB: J. Jacobs, S. Ahmed, in flex: C. Kupp and Gurley/Fournette. the only others available on the bench are P. Lindsay and J. Kelley
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,247.99
I don’t have either one but here’s the dilemma. Hurley is a Td defendant rb and fournette is in a split with rojo and the rams are real solid against the run so it’s really a coin flip and hope to get lucky. I’d probably go girly myself.

Image Image

Mako Shark
Budmonsan wrote:I don’t have either one but here’s the dilemma. Hurley is a Td defendant rb and fournette is in a split with rojo and the rams are real solid against the run so it’s really a coin flip and hope to get lucky. I’d probably go girly myself.

Thank you! I was leaning towards Gurley because of touches per game but agree it is a toss up which was why I was so surprised by the difference with who Sharks were starting.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,247.99
I could be wrong but I don’t think many of the sharks have to decide between the two. So, maybe the ones with fournette don’t have better options but the ones with gurley do

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,352.92
gurley for me over fournette whom may or may not split carries
Mako Shark
Budmonsan wrote:I could be wrong but I don’t think many of the sharks have to decide between the two. So, maybe the ones with fournette don’t have better options but the ones with gurley do

Good point!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,801.96
How is this even a question?

Gurley is getting sooo many more touches than Fournette and is being feed goal line carries. In fact, depending on scoring, Gurley is a top 10 RB this year.

Fournette is like what? Outside of the top 20 or 30?

Unless someone thinks Fournette is going to get a lot of work I don't see how he's being started over almost anyone.
Mako Shark
ubertaco wrote:How is this even a question?

Gurley is getting sooo many more touches than Fournette and is being fed goal line carries. In fact, depending on scoring, Gurley is a top 10 RB this year.

Fournette is like what? Outside of the top 20 or 30?

Unless someone thinks Fournette is going to get a lot of work I don't see how he's being started over almost anyone.

In this weekend's matchups, I get it. Gurley would have the better floor (although today he was in the cellar with only 9 touches) but Fournette has more upside and gets used more when Tampa is trailing or the game is tight. I would have loved to hear from those who were starting Fournette to see what went into their thought process. He was started by a pretty good margin over Gurley and they may all turn out to be right.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,801.96
Clearly Gurley and the Falcons crapped the bed (credit to NOs D though, they did a hell of a job).

Still, I'm not sure that it's enough to just say Fournette is the better play in general.

Are these teams you're talking about carrying both Gurley and Fournette? If not then the data from wherever your got it needs to be parsed much more carefully.

In any case, I hope you chose Fournette for this week, seems likely that he'll outperform Gurley.

I had to choose between Gurley and Gordon, and I chose poorly :( In my defense I was also starting the Dolphins D (also pretty ugly) so I figured I'd roll with the greater upside for my team. Well it might still work out, I have Mahomes vs. Tyreek and RoJo (standard league) at this point with a small lead, so we'll see.