New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 41,417.27
Sam Darnold has the second lowest adjusted completion rate this season, according to Pro Football Focus.
Drew Lock is the only quarterback with a lower adjusted completion rate through 11 weeks. The adjusted rate accounts for dropped passes, throw aways, spiked balls, batted passes, and passes where the quarterback is hit while throwing. Darnold completed a measly 16-of-27 passes for 197 yards with two interceptions on Sunday against Miami. His 69.7 percent adjusted completion rate is about five percent lower than it was in 2019. Darnold's adjusted yards per attempt has taken a big hit too, dropping from 6.9 A/YA in 2018 and 2019 to 5.7 this season. The Jets might be better off with Joe Flacco under center for the remainder of another lost season. Darnold will be a reclamation project for whoever coaches the Jets in 2021.

not shocked
OarChambo wrote:The Raiders are absolutely in play. They were 6-4 last year then went in a tailspin that started with a 34-3 drubbing to these Jets.

Last year after that drubbing they played the Titans and Chiefs

Going to be slightly easier to rebound against the winless Jets.

Only thing in the Jets favor is the Raiders are traveling East and this is one of the last two home games so the Jets might come out with a little extra fire/effort to not be winless. The other home game is Cleveland.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,984.02
endzoneview wrote:
OarChambo wrote:The Raiders are absolutely in play. They were 6-4 last year then went in a tailspin that started with a 34-3 drubbing to these Jets.

Last year after that drubbing they played the Titans and Chiefs

Going to be slightly easier to rebound against the winless Jets.

Only thing in the Jets favor is the Raiders are traveling East and this is one of the last two home games so the Jets might come out with a little extra fire/effort to not be winless. The other home game is Cleveland.

They also lost to the Jags and Broncos.
probably, I was just looking at the next two games they played. Not surprising they went on a tail spin with Chiefs and Titans next.

Not that we should be able to glean much from what happened last year

But this Jets team is incredibly terrible. I can't imagine the Raiders not having a bounce back game against them but crazy things happen every week.
Supreme Megalodon
Right, it's a snow globe leeg, but this isn't one of those crazy things that happens one week to the next. The Raiders did yesterday what they did this time last year with the exact same record. Sure, that happening before could be what leads to it not happening again. Can't dismiss it until after it happens though.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,253.40
OarChambo wrote:Right, it's a snow globe leeg, but this isn't one of those crazy things that happens one week to the next. The Raiders did yesterday what they did this time last year with the exact same record. Sure, that happening before could be what leads to it not happening again. Can't dismiss it until after it happens though.

id bet the house on OAK winning next week...i dont care what happened last year.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
early line is Raiders -7.5 which is too low

Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Right, it's a snow globe leeg, but this isn't one of those crazy things that happens one week to the next. The Raiders did yesterday what they did this time last year with the exact same record. Sure, that happening before could be what leads to it not happening again. Can't dismiss it until after it happens though.

id bet the house on OAK winning next week...i dont care what happened last year.

Well, yeah. Betting against the Jets straight up has been an 11-0 proposition and I can't imagine a set of circumstances in which betting on them again this year would be a good decision. We're talking about spots they are MORE likely to win. If the bar is just likely win then the answer is simple - it's zero.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 543.92
endzoneview wrote:

Pretty shocking that he can say that with a straight face. I wonder whether or not Gase truly realizes that HE'S the "competitive disadvantage".
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,299.96
Elmagister wrote:In Gase's mind, it is always someone else's failure to execute his perfect plan.

lol

I like how he tries to take some credit just in case the new play calling is successful. But juuuust little enough that he's not responsible if it isn't...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
it's like if Trump was a football coach
endzoneview wrote:early line is Raiders -7.5 which is too low

up to 8.5 this morning
endzoneview wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Jets waived CB Pierre Desir.

Douglas has whiffed on a lot of moves like this (especially on O-line) but at least they are low cost/low risk moves for the most part. But still, not good. Makes me a little nervous when he starts spending real money next offseason.

I still like this draft class he had though. We’ll see how it develops.

What is going on with Cashman?

He needs a completely new training regime and strength and conditioning staff

Jets placed ILB Blake Cashman on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, ending his season.

Since this is Cashman's second I.R. placement of 2020, he is ineligible for return. It is the third time in two seasons he has been stashed on the reserve list. The 24-year-old finishes 2020 having contributed just 48 snaps. The 2019 fifth-rounder will be on the spot for a 53-man roster spot next summer.
The only reason Gase hasn't been fired is because Gregg Williams is a somehow worse option