Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,548.44
mstrbass2000 wrote:
TheWizard wrote:David Johnson where he was dropped. Also kittle if he was dropped may be a nice hide and see player

i dont see the niners alowing kittle to play once they are eliminated

They're 5-6, one game out of a wildcard, play that team in the 7 seed again, as well as the NFC east in between.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
Elmagister wrote:
Lundy Love wrote:Cam Akers is gonna win someone a championship

In 2021.

only if there is just 1 team.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,796.46
wmharley wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Lundy Love wrote:Cam Akers is gonna win someone a championship

In 2021.

only if there is just 1 team.

or if your opponent starts him.

zing
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 496.78
What about joe Mixon if he was dropped

12 team
Wilson,
Cmc, carson,montgomery,mattison,William's (gb)
Golladay,ridley,chark,boyd,mike williams
Tonyan
Carson
Colts, browns
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
BLUE651 wrote:What about joe Mixon if he was dropped

Claim him.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,011.52
I doubt they throw mixon back into the (sorry for the weak pun) mix....bengals season is over, they paid mixon a lot, I’d be surprised if he plays again this year
Blue Shark
Sand$: 934.40
Sadly someone already beat me to it, snell. I hope I’m wrong.

2020 Show me Your TD’s champions
Alexander Mooseheads
Q Herbert
R J. Robinson, Eckler, Akers, Da. Johnson, Pollard, Moss
W Ridley, Di. Johnson, Woods, Galloday
T Kelce
K Sanders
D Saints, Rams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,624.40
Booker
He’s a box checker.
Snell
Whenever Connor is out, the Snail makes a trail.

Drake, but he’s not a stash. I just think Drake is gonna get a ton of work this 2020 fantasy playoffs.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,721.06
hard 10 wrote:
This is not my Forte wrote:Want to preface by saying that covid has changed
this slightly for this year. However, never understood cuffing players for the playoffs. Unless it's to deny someone else a potential add, shouldn't you already have your lineup(s) pretty much set in stone for the year if you're already in the playoffs? Barring any bizarre injuries.

I have leagues where rosters lock when the playoffs start. So if you don't have a handcuff for your own top RBs, you can be pretty well screwed if one of them goes down. In that one, I always try to add at least my own cuffs, and maybe another high end back-up (Mattison, McCoy, Pollard all qualify) if I have room. I also always grab at least one, and sometimes two, extra QB after usually trying to get through the season with just one on the roster most of the time.

I mean, I guess my confusion is why do most people cuff their own backs even when the backup is subpar, or the starter isn't injury prone, or could take over an RBBC by end of season. People like Murray and Lindsay Phillips make alot of sense to me as far as backup rb's to own, but pollard seems horrible even when I drafted Zeke.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 543.92
To raise your floor as opposed to your ceiling. Not saying I agree with it, but that's the logic.

If your RB1 goes down and you have a mediocre cuff, you still have someone. If your RB1 goes down and you have someone else's cuff, you have nothing.

Obviously it's not that cut and dry, my preference is to go with high upside guys with decent chances to break out/take over a backfield (which isn't exactly a handcuff), but that's why people go for their own handcuffs versus others.
Sand$: 21,649.92
farhad7 wrote:To raise your floor as opposed to your ceiling. Not saying I agree with it, but that's the logic.

If your RB1 goes down and you have a mediocre cuff, you still have someone. If your RB1 goes down and you have someone else's cuff, you have nothing.

Obviously it's not that cut and dry, my preference is to go with high upside guys with decent chances to break out/take over a backfield (which isn't exactly a handcuff), but that's why people go for their own handcuffs versus others.

Amen brother

Preach on
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,674.66
Grabbed Cam Akers in both leagues. He’s on the bench, for now.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Akers, Davis, Hines, Williams, Gaskin(IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Gdrt / Lutz / MIN/CAR/WAS
--
QB: Herb/Baker RB: DCook, Jacbs, JT, Akers
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Ebron / Meyers / LAR,CLE,SEA
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
This is not my Forte wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
This is not my Forte wrote:Want to preface by saying that covid has changed
this slightly for this year. However, never understood cuffing players for the playoffs. Unless it's to deny someone else a potential add, shouldn't you already have your lineup(s) pretty much set in stone for the year if you're already in the playoffs? Barring any bizarre injuries.

I have leagues where rosters lock when the playoffs start. So if you don't have a handcuff for your own top RBs, you can be pretty well screwed if one of them goes down. In that one, I always try to add at least my own cuffs, and maybe another high end back-up (Mattison, McCoy, Pollard all qualify) if I have room. I also always grab at least one, and sometimes two, extra QB after usually trying to get through the season with just one on the roster most of the time.

I mean, I guess my confusion is why do most people cuff their own backs even when the backup is subpar, or the starter isn't injury prone, or could take over an RBBC by end of season. People like Murray and Lindsay Phillips make alot of sense to me as far as backup rb's to own, but pollard seems horrible even when I drafted Zeke.

I agree. Take a player who might improve your team, rather than poorly mitigate a loss of a player.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,687.16

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,548.44
Handcuffing is a sound late fall strategy.

The disagreement stems from when to do it. I think it's a poor August and September approach. If I stashed Tony Pollard and Boston Scott then I would not have Tee Higgins. If I stashed Benny Snell then I would not have picked up James Robinson when I slid Deebo to IR.