It's Tua Time

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,208.20
Elmagister wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Elmagister wrote:You're rewriting history of you don't think it irritated Brees.

That ended in divorce. Great example.

I never said it didn’t irritate him. I said it didn’t shake his confidence. And in fact, it probably motivated him even more as it would’ve done for me and most others as well.

And the reason it ended in divorce was because of his severe shoulder injury and the fact that they had Rivers waiting in the wings.

My point on this example was that a benching or two didn’t derail his confidence, which is what was being said.

Brees wasn't happy with the situation at all.

Brees wasn't a rookie. He was a five year vet at the time.

They were headed for divorce prior to the shoulder injury. Pretending otherwise is dumb.

Brees didn't go on to be a HoF level QB because of motivation provided by being repeatedly benched.

i don't know how true this is...but it says SD offered BRees a 5 yr contract

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/wh ... r-BB19X2Fc

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
The team reportedly offered five years and $50 million, but with only a $2 million base salary.

This translates to, "We want to be able to tell our fans we tried, but frig right off."
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,208.20
understandable with the injury and drafting Rivers...imo

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,139.36
Elmagister wrote:
The team reportedly offered five years and $50 million, but with only a $2 million base salary.

This translates to, "We want to be able to tell our fans we tried, but frig right off."

I could be mistaken ( i often am ) but I seem to recall the SD offer coming late in the process as well. He'd already visited Miami and NO so more or less had one foot out the door when they offered him that contract. The damage was done and probably irreversible at that point

Typical Spanos BS doing exactly what Elm said..

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Sand$: 40,451.73
this is where we should stop on memory lane

if we go any further, Elma will cry into his Miami Culpepper jersey
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
endzoneview wrote:this is where we should stop on memory lane

if we go any further, Elma will cry into his Miami Culpepper jersey

:lol:

Honestly, I'm glad for Brees it worked out the way it did.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 543.92
As a Dolphins fan who is born and raised and currently lives in San Diego, I strongly prefer that the former franchise resembles the latter as little as possible. Just the thought makes me cringe.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,623.62
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:He was benched in the Denver game. That’s for sure. As for the jet game, had he not had the injury, he would’ve played. The injury was the reason he sat out.

And right now, yea Fitz is the better qb. Won’t be able to say that in a few yrs but right now he is.

Fitz is a great QB.. until he isn't.

Tua is a better QB for this team because he's not liable to throw 5 INTs; and MIA's strength is currently on the defensive side of the ball.

hopefully they don't get behind... i can't see Tua coming back being a game manager.

So unlike what he did vs ARZ?

I'm not saying that Tua is a game manager.. he's more of a protect the football, but throw it to the open man kind of guy; whereas Fitz is very ok with throwing the 50/50 ball. His accuracy has been as advertised thus far, and he's shown some gamebreaking pocket mobility and the ability to throw downfield on a dime while rolling out to his weakside (in Tua's case the right).

Tua just has a higher floor from week to week and a similar ceiling (even if he's less likely to hit said ceiling).

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 40,451.73
just want to mention that the Arizona game was just a one score game but as soon as he got down two scores in Denver, he was yanked

This is all alot of hullabaloo over three games. We'll see what this week brings and overreact accordingly
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,633.78
Is hullabaloo a thing now? Or we just introducing it to the gang?
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 543.92
Part of Tua's game/experience that I'd like to see developed is exactly the situation he was pulled in during the Denver game. That's the main reason I don't like it. I'm not worried about his confidence.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,623.62
Yea... Im not a fan of pulling him there, but it’s also possible they were protecting Tua by pulling him; he was gimpy on the last play.. and when a popular narrative was his inability to stay healthy I can understand taking him out of a game where he was largely ineffective and taking a ton of hits.

Still don’t know what to make of Tua... getting some Baker Mayfield vibes from him with more mobility. Hopefully he doesnt struggle as much as he did once teams figured out his tendencies

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,346.14
rugger48 wrote:Is hullabaloo a thing now?

It's always been a thing. Better than a ruckus or hubbub, on a par with brouhaha. Get with it
Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,613.70
somewhere between humdinger and ballyhoo

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,613.76
“Hella Boo” is the pronunciation the kids are using.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour