Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,687.16
SJSwarm wrote:Gus Bradley just signed with LV to be our DC. So scratch him from the list lol.

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Sand$: 40,606.79
I thought it was Mike Mayock
Because I know you guys are dying for a Jets HC search update -

Robert Saleh - second interview complete
Arthur Smith - second interview complete

1 interview -
Eric Bieniemy
Marvin Lewis
Joe Brady
Brian Daboll
Matt Eberflus
Brandon Staley
Aaron Glenn

I'm guessing Daboll is probably going to get a second interview

Not sure about anybody else. Bienemy is likely not picking the Jets.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,632.14
Everything I am seeing would seem to indicate that the Jets are totally locked on Saleh and the Falcons are totally locked on Smith. We will see.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
I haven’t seen anything like that re: Saleh

My only concern with Saleh is what kind of offensive staff he’d be able to build. Maybe Mike LaFleur, the passing game coordinator from SF as OC.

Probably would have better luck going with Arthur Smith or Daboll as HC then figure out the DC
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,617.78
endzoneview wrote:I'm guessing Daboll is probably going to get a second interview

Not sure about anybody else. Bienemy is likely not picking the Jets.

I'm guessing Bienemy is going to the Falcons.

They abruptly stopped interviews. I'd wager they went with the find the coach and then find a GM that accepts him.

I mentioned in the other thread that top coordinators subject to the hiring freeze in the past have gotten their contracts negotiated just before the freeze.
Bienemy to the Chargers made a lot of sense, maybe too much sense. But I said it before, who knows what kind of relationship or interaction he had with Spanos when he played there
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:Bienemy to the Chargers made a lot of sense, maybe too much sense. But I said it before, who knows what kind of relationship or interaction he had with Spanos when he played there

On the flip side, I guess Falcons have taken some interviews, so maybe they are waiting.

I agree Chargers are the most attractive job in the NFL right now, other than facing the Chiefs 2x a season.

Falcons aren't too bad, they do have the #5 pick, and in 1-2 years that division will be up for grabs.

Recently Bieniemy was rumored to have told his team he would rather stay [with the Chiefs] and wait for the "perfect" job.

He could become one of those coordinators that waits forever until they fall out of favor.
Last edited by jnadke on Thu 01.14.2021, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
Unless he hates Spanos, I don’t see why anyone on earth would rather take the Falcons job over the Chargers job.

The Falcons are a mess.

Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:Unless he hates Spanos, I don’t see why anyone on earth would rather take the Falcons job over the Chargers job.

The Falcons are a mess.

Career longevity.

Arthur Blank is loyal. Gives less pressure to build the team how you want it.
Supreme Megalodon
So you take the job with no QB, no defense, no real pieces for the future at all on either side of the ball besides Ridley because you think Blank might give you a free pass like he gave Quinn?

Not buying it.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,648.68
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Bienemy to the Chargers made a lot of sense, maybe too much sense. But I said it before, who knows what kind of relationship or interaction he had with Spanos when he played there

On the flip side, I guess Falcons have taken some interviews, so maybe they are waiting.

I agree Chargers are the most attractive job in the NFL right now, other than facing the Chiefs 2x a season.

Falcons aren't too bad, they do have the #5 pick, and in 1-2 years that division will be up for grabs.

Recently Bieniemy was rumored to have told his team he would rather stay [with the Chiefs] and wait for the "perfect" job.

He could become one of those coordinators that waits forever until they fall out of favor.

I'm curious why the media is so high on Bienemy? Matt Naggy, Doug Pederson haven't exactly had the staying power that Sean McVay has had. I know he's the OC of a very successful team.. but they have a ton of talent, and we all know Andy Reid is the mastermind of that operation. How much of their success is due to Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill.. or him? Not sure, but I lean on him riding the coattails of greatness.

I'd be much more interested in Brian Daboll and Arthur Smith who have keyed the offensive revival of their franchises. Daboll in particular was doing some very innovative stuff with Josh Allen when he couldn't hit the backside of a barn in year 1 and 2. Schemed mediocre NFL talents like McKenzie, Smokey Robinson open at will... the first year he's had an actual NFL QB his team goes ape shoot and they have one of the best offenses in the NFL. Arthur Smith is a bit less of a known quantity for me. Derrick Henry was an elite talent that just wasn't firing, and Tannehill had a career of mediocrity before he started to produce at an elite clip. It's entirely possible that him being the braintrust of that offense as it exploded is a coincidence.. but at least he and Daboll are clearly responsible for their teams respective offense and have both implemented varying gameplans and shown a penchant to scheme their players open.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Daboll is smart, he isn't going to the Jets or the Falcons. LOL

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,648.68
SJSwarm wrote:Daboll is smart, he isn't going to the Jets or the Falcons. LOL

The parallels between Herbert and Allen are pretty easy to spot. His players absolutely love him in BUF. Chargers have a lot of key pieces to put together a massive turn around as soon as next year... it makes too much sense for Daboll to go to the Chargers.. but they don't have the greatest track record with Coaching hires... :-k

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
zuggyawesome wrote:
jnadke wrote:

I'm curious why the media is so high on Bienemy? Matt Naggy, Doug Pederson haven't exactly had the staying power that Sean McVay has had. I know he's the OC of a very successful team.. but they have a ton of talent, and we all know Andy Reid is the mastermind of that operation. How much of their success is due to Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill.. or him? Not sure, but I lean on him riding the coattails of greatness.

I'd be much more interested in Brian Daboll and Arthur Smith who have keyed the offensive revival of their franchises. Daboll in particular was doing some very innovative stuff with Josh Allen when he couldn't hit the backside of a barn in year 1 and 2. Schemed mediocre NFL talents like McKenzie, Smokey Robinson open at will... the first year he's had an actual NFL QB his team goes ape shoot and they have one of the best offenses in the NFL. Arthur Smith is a bit less of a known quantity for me. Derrick Henry was an elite talent that just wasn't firing, and Tannehill had a career of mediocrity before he started to produce at an elite clip. It's entirely possible that him being the braintrust of that offense as it exploded is a coincidence.. but at least he and Daboll are clearly responsible for their teams respective offense and have both implemented varying gameplans and shown a penchant to scheme their players open.

Those are all fair questions on Bienemy BUT Pederson did win a Super Bowl. And Bieneimy has Mahomes talking him up to opposing quarterbacks. That definitely is a positive sign for his future as a HC.