The 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,548.44
Ryan Day does not run his offense anything like Urban Meyer. Anyone who has their heels dug in with that narrative please let me know so I don't waste my time with someone whose opinion is rooted in that baseless 'fact.'
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,632.14
OarChambo wrote:Ryan Day does not run his offense anything like Urban Meyer. Anyone who has their heels dug in with that narrative please let me know so I don't waste my time with someone whose opinion is rooted in that baseless 'fact.'

Welcome to Oar's shell game everyone.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 83,785.18
development into an NFL QB is such a nuanced thing that evaluating colleges or coaches on their lack of success doesn't provide any meaningful data. are there schools or coaches that do in fact turn out NFL QB talent over and over? that's the stat that's noteworthy and worthy of prognosticating upon. outside of that, it's really down to the individual prospect and his own career path.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,339.15
endzoneview wrote:
jesteva wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I recall there was this running back from Polk High that was going to be a sure thing

:lol:

BTW...good list of the LS QB's as well.

just for the hell of it, here is some trivia you will never use -

"Spare Tire" went to Andrew Johnson High. All they do is churn out top tier defensive ends.

Tell me something I didn't know... :wink:

Jesteva - -
RB Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump
DE "Spare Tire" Dixon DE, Married With Children
DE - Football Player #88 - 325th Evac. (played by Ben Davidson) - movie M.A.S.H.
RB - Larry Fine, Three Stooges
QB - Joe Pendleton, Heaven Can Wait
FS - Brimlovich the robot, The Jetsons
KR - Scotty & Petey the Dog, Little Rascals
FB - Harpo Marx, Horse Feathers
PK - Dorf, Dorf
K - Bud the Clydesdale, Budweiser

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,648.68
Anyone check out Tamorrion Terry?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,617.78

Both surprised and not surprised.

He could use another year of development, but it'll be hard for his draft stock to be higher.

Maybe he likes his odds the Jets won't draft him.

Patriots will draft him and dominate for another decade.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,632.14
zuggyawesome wrote:Anyone check out Tamorrion Terry?

I didn’t really watch much FSU this year. Not as fun clowning them after Slick Willie got canned.

But I’ve heard good things about Terry. As long as the knee isn’t a long term thing.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
NFL Network insider Tom Pelissero is reporting that players who have completed four years of college football must notify the league by March 1 if they intend to forego the 2021 NFL Draft and return to college.

“This clarification means that any college football player who participated or would have participated in his fourth season of full-time participation, as distinguished from a “red-shirt” year, during the 2020 college football season will be deemed to be automatically eligible for the 2021 NFL Draft,” the league said in a statement. “These players are typically listed as “seniors” on their school’s official roster during the 2020 college football season. It is not necessary for such players to notify the League office to become eligible under this clarifying provision.”

Pelissero also added that a deadline has been set for underclassmen to petition for special eligibility. That deadline is actually due this upcoming Monday.

NFL Draft...Cleveland, Ohio....April 29-May 1.

It seems a bit odd...the draft opt in date for underclassmen is Monday and the draft opt out date is March 1.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Supreme Megalodon

I own his rights in Premier and am disappointed with virtually no development in 2020 for a variety of reasons.

Raw and talented. Possible project.

He was being kicked around potentially as a Rd 1-2 talent a year ago. With the amount of comparably talented but more polished WRs this year, he could slip in the draft.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Supreme Megalodon
jesteva wrote:

I own his rights in Premier and am disappointed with virtually no development in 2020 for a variety of reasons.

Raw and talented. Possible project.

He was being kicked around potentially as a Rd 1-2 talent a year ago. With the amount of comparably talented but more polished WRs this year, he could slip in the draft.

I'm more optimistic than you. That program has been an abject disaster, so there's plausible reasons to believe his lack of development is heavily a Seminole problem. Falling a bit may actually be a good thing, so expectations are reserved from the outset - buying him developmental time.

I'm very curious to see where he goes and when - guys his size shouldn't be able to have agility like he does.
Supreme Megalodon
Does his skill set....size / speed / talent potential remind you at all of....Josh Gordon?

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Supreme Megalodon
jesteva wrote:Does his skill set....size / speed / talent potential remind you at all of....Josh Gordon?

Nah, Gordon was a unicorn. He'd be half drunk and high, but still just effortlessly glide by the opposition. A sober and high effort Gordon would have been the best WR to ever play the game.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
jesteva wrote:Does his skill set....size / speed / talent potential remind you at all of....Josh Gordon?

Nah, Gordon was a unicorn. He'd be half drunk and high, but still just effortlessly glide by the opposition. A sober and high effort Gordon would have been the best WR to ever play the game.

In a somewhat insane comparison.. her reminds me of a poor man's Randy Moss

Supreme Megalodon
I get the comparison with the exception of speed....Randy's 4.25 Combine 40 was insanely fast for his size.

Gordon and now Terry look like 4.5 guys....who look like they are game speed 4.5 guys which is super for their size.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Great White Shark
jesteva wrote:I get the comparison with the exception of speed....Randy's 4.25 Combine 40 was insanely fast for his size.

Gordon and now Terry look like 4.5 guys....who look like they are game speed 4.5 guys which is super for their size.

I'm not sure where the 4.25 40 for Randy Moss comes from... but on the official combine records it say 4.38. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tamorrion ran in the late 4.3's early 4.4 range.