Megalodon
Sand$: 21,979.32
Wondering when a long-time college coach went to the NFL and had any sustained success? While I am sure it has happened, it seems like most of the guys that make the transition are young up-and-comers and not the older coaches.

Somebody needs to make sure Urban knows that Tim Tebow isn't walking thru that door.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,816.02
bluemist wrote:Wondering when a long-time college coach went to the NFL and had any sustained success? While I am sure it has happened, it seems like most of the guys that make the transition are young up-and-comers and not the older coaches.

Somebody needs to make sure Urban knows that Tim Tebow isn't walking thru that door.

Tebow lives 20 minutes away, so he might.

I heard Tebow is getting his guest room ready for Urbs brief stay in town.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,226.70
bluemist wrote:Wondering when a long-time college coach went to the NFL and had any sustained success? While I am sure it has happened, it seems like most of the guys that make the transition are young up-and-comers and not the older coaches.

Pete Carroll?
Does 9 years at USC qualify him as a "long-time college coach?" Or are we just calling him an NFL guy who took a decade-long break in college?
5 division titles, 9 playoff seasons, 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 win in 11 seasons certainly qualifies as sustained NFL success.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,851.72
Assuming Urban is official, some dynasty thoughts:

stock up: Viska, Chark, Johnson. Especially Viska, for the reasons I stated earlier in the thread. If they draft a WR, I think that's more of a problem for Chark's production than Viska's. Johnson is a nice end-of-bench stash.

stock hold: Robinson, but sell high if you can (especially before the NFL draft). We all like him, but I get the feeling he'll have the Philip Lindsay-treatment throughout his career. Urban's zone-read scheme isn't ideal for him, and the Jags will probably draft or sign someone who will lower his usage. Viska could also see closer to 40 carries.

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,630.90
I wonder if Curtis Samuel ends up in Jax giving them Chark, Viska, and Samuel?

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,571.32
hard 10 wrote:

Pete Carroll?
Does 9 years at USC qualify him as a "long-time college coach?" Or are we just calling him an NFL guy who took a decade-long break in college?
5 division titles, 9 playoff seasons, 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 win in 11 seasons certainly qualifies as sustained NFL success.

Pete Carroll definitely counts (19 years coaching college).
Jimmy Johnson is another (23 years coaching college).
Also Tom Coughlin (15 years coaching college).
Megalodon
jnadke wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

Pete Carroll?

Pete Carroll definitely counts (19 years coaching college).
Jimmy Johnson is another (23 years coaching college).
Also Tom Coughlin (15 years coaching college).

Figured I was missing some guys. Carroll is a great example that it can work, although I will wait to see if dirty Urban will be successful.

Sand$: 40,479.47
Yep, love the Jets coaching legend Pete Carroll
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Yep, love the Jets coaching legend Pete Carroll

Sort of like Browns coaching legends Belichek and Saban. 8)

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,577.92
FantasyHussy wrote:Assuming Urban is official, some dynasty thoughts:

stock up: Viska, Chark, Johnson. Especially Viska, for the reasons I stated earlier in the thread. If they draft a WR, I think that's more of a problem for Chark's production than Viska's. Johnson is a nice end-of-bench stash.

stock hold: Robinson, but sell high if you can (especially before the NFL draft). We all like him, but I get the feeling he'll have the Philip Lindsay-treatment throughout his career. Urban's zone-read scheme isn't ideal for him, and the Jags will probably draft or sign someone who will lower his usage. Viska could also see closer to 40 carries.

Agree with all of this, except Johnson’s stock being up. With as much cap room as they have, I can’t imagine Johnson starting 2021 as one of the top 3 WR’s.

I’ve been advocating selling high on Robinson for a while now, and bringing in Meyer solidifies that.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,103.70
I used to pull for Jax a lot as the underperforming team it has been of late. Now with Meyer I won’t.
Don’t like him either. I’m sure he’ll get a real taste of reality in the NFL. These aren’t entitled 20 year olds, there grown men making a lot of money.
Megalodon
For the first time in many years he will be competing with equal (or even lesser) talent than his opponents. Organization, staff, etc.. play a much larger role in an NFL coaches success.

Sand$: 40,479.47
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,816.02
Damn I’m going to have to pay more than $10 for a ticket now.

I bike to games with free valet parking and bring food in. My cheap rump better get some wins out of this. At least it will be an entertaining dumpster fire
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,207.66
hankrip wrote:Damn I’m going to have to pay more than $10 for a ticket now.

I bike to games with free valet parking and bring food in. My cheap rump better get some wins out of this. At least it will be an entertaining dumpster fire

No fear.
Ticket prices will drop again when it gets tough and Urban retires due to a tummy ache.