Deshaun Watson Watch

Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,831.42
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:There is not a world where the Jaguars trade the #1 pick

Not with Meyer there who took the job just for the chance to coach Lawrence.

Watson is a sure-thing though, Trevor Lawrence is still untested. So there's a world where it IS a fair trade, but no way the Jags do it.

Agreed

Unknowns of Lawrence on 5 yr rookie contract >>>>>>> Watson’s salary and drain on cap next years. Jags can spend that money on adding major depth and talent to roster.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,024.52
If a decision was made based on the contract , then the jags have bigger issues to solve.

The answer is you take Watson every time.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,433.74
The Jags will have $75 Million in cap space at the start of next season, assuming they walk away from Eifert that frees up another $5 Million. Just saying money isn't an issue here.

But I must agree Lawrence on a rookie deal with that cap space is a huge advantage....An "Unknown" but an advantage nonetheless.
Supreme Megalodon
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:The Jags will have $75 Million in cap space at the start of next season, assuming they walk away from Eifert that frees up another $5 Million. Just saying money isn't an issue here.

But I must agree Lawrence on a rookie deal with that cap space is a huge advantage....An "Unknown" but an advantage nonetheless.

No it’s not. The team is going to be young, they’re not going after any large name free agents , most players don’t even go there. His contract is the last reason you won’t take Watson over Lawrence.

You take Watson 100 times out of a 100. If I’m an owner and this deal is on the table and find out the guy in charge if the roster passed, I’d fire him on the spot.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,433.74
rugger48 wrote:
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:The Jags will have $75 Million in cap space at the start of next season, assuming they walk away from Eifert that frees up another $5 Million. Just saying money isn't an issue here.

No it’s not. The team is going to be young, they’re not going after any large name free agents , most players don’t even go there. His contract is the last reason you won’t take Watson over Lawrence.

You take Watson 100 times out of a 100. If I’m an owner and this deal is on the table and find out the guy in charge if the roster passed, I’d fire him on the spot.

I see your point 100% and I too think if Houston calls right now and I'm the GM of the Jags I at least kick the tires to see what else they would want. You would have to have a conversation with Meyer, but Watson gives them a "cheat code" in a sense.

They can instantly go into rebuilding that defense. The savings from Lawrence, would technically still be in play as James Robinson is on a rookie deal that pays him $800K heading into 21. It's the best of both worlds.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
I don’t know if i would do this if I was jax.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,824.40
Great White Shark
Supreme Megalodon
Hmmm, going at the owner. This could tip it.

Ramsey
AB

Are the first two, that come to mind.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,122.60
Washington Football Team agrees to change name to Deshauns Washington Watsons and Im in!
Supreme Megalodon
tsbgrayghost wrote:Washington Football Team agrees to change name to Deshauns Washington Watsons and Im in!

Yesss!
Great White Shark

Good thread
Sand$: 41,461.87
I saw some hullabaloo about the Jets and Watson and I'll just say I obviously would want him in New York BUT I wouldn't want to pay top value to get him. If they could get him for what they got in return for Jamal Adams , I'm all aboard. Other than that, I'd rather not, as great as he is.

The Jets are basically Houston North at this point so if you don't have the draft picks to improve the team around him, why get him?

And this is all before we get to the real sticking point - why in the hell would Watson want to come to the Jets? He wouldn't.
Sand$: 41,461.87
The only thing that probably keeps Watson in Houston is them giving Eric Bieniemy a blank check
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,510.44
endzoneview wrote:The only thing that probably keeps Watson in Houston is them giving Eric Bieniemy a blank check

the texans hiring eric b will calm down deshaun watson he hasn't formally said anything about wanting a trade,everything has been speculation so far via a few post and the media running with it