Eagles fire Doug Pederson

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,433.74
What are we speculating is the future of Jalen ? after "auditioning" him for the league ? We all know Wentz is in with ownership so the writing has been on the wall.

Jalen is signed to a rookies $6 Mil contract so technically they don't have to do anything with him, but after this season I can't imagine him/ or Wentz reverting back to "Backup" duties and holding a clipboard!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,831.42
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:What are we speculating is the future of Jalen ? after "auditioning" him for the league ? We all know Wentz is in with ownership so the writing has been on the wall.

Jalen is signed to a rookies $6 Mil contract so technically they don't have to do anything with him, but after this season I can't imagine him/ or Wentz reverting back to "Backup" duties and holding a clipboard!

Why not?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,024.52
hankrip wrote:
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:What are we speculating is the future of Jalen ? after "auditioning" him for the league ? We all know Wentz is in with ownership so the writing has been on the wall.

Why not?

Probably because they can’t coexist on the same roster now.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60
Griffimo wrote:

Hopefully he learned from his dad, and doesn’t leave his cushy college gig for a dysfunctional NFL franchise with no leadership to speak of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Sand$: 41,461.87

Excellent article here for those interested in the dysfunction in Philly -

It doesn't give Pederson a pass at all "Pederson’s offense also had become predictable" but it definitely portrays Wentz as an un-coachable mess

Pederson would call a play only for his quarterback to occasionally kill it for no other reason than his personal distaste, sources said. It became “a pissing match” between the two, one of the sources said.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
I hear the Seahawks are looking at pederson for their OC role. There goes Russ!

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,860.58
endzoneview wrote:

It doesn't give Pederson a pass at all "Pederson’s offense also had become predictable" but it definitely portrays Wentz as an un-coachable mess

Pederson would call a play only for his quarterback to occasionally kill it for no other reason than his personal distaste, sources said. It became “a pissing match” between the two, one of the sources said.

I think it's expected for this article to come out.

I mean, the same article came out for Aaron Rodgers after McCarthy got fired.

Also the same article came out for Matthew Stafford after Jim Caldwell got fired (specifically, I think it came out when Joe Lombardi was fired).

Obviously Bieniemy is out for this job, he'd be insane and it'd be bad optics for the upper management to dip back into the same tree.

Any other up-and-comer would do well for themselves to reverse-interview management and ascertain how dedicated they are to Wentz. If they are stubborn pass on the job, because absolutes are not good in the NFL.

Wentz is an accomplished QB, but this article certainly paints him bad, and his recent performance has been bad to support that.

He still has one more Super Bowl ring than Matthew Stafford, whether deserved or not (Wentz was on an All-Pro trajectory that season, FWIW).
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,824.40
Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,461.87
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

I think it's expected for this article to come out.

I mean, the same article came out for Aaron Rodgers after McCarthy got fired.

Also the same article came out for Matthew Stafford after Jim Caldwell got fired (specifically, I think it came out when Joe Lombardi was fired).

Obviously Bieniemy is out for this job, he'd be insane and it'd be bad optics for the upper management to dip back into the same tree.

Any other up-and-comer would do well for themselves to reverse-interview management and ascertain how dedicated they are to Wentz. If they are stubborn pass on the job, because absolutes are not good in the NFL.

Wentz is an accomplished QB, but this article certainly paints him bad, and his recent performance has been bad to support that.

He still has one more Super Bowl ring than Matthew Stafford, whether deserved or not (Wentz was on an All-Pro trajectory that season, FWIW).

Except this isn’t something new. I get what you’re saying but this beat writer has been on this all season. Theres plenty of blame to go around. This story doesn’t absolve anyone, just give you an inside glimpse into the dysfunction
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,282.42
Yeah, that's been the narrative around Wentz even when he was good.

Guy has been worshiped since he was a kid. There has never been an ounce of pushback against him at any point. I go back to his really good partial season, when they talked about how he brought plays into the offense from NDSU. I have never heard that before in the NFL, a QB saying he wants a play to be part of an offense and getting their way. Or maybe it happens all the time, but Wentz was the only one that has ever went out of their way to point out their pull in the offense.

I'm a noted Wentz hater though, I'm super biased.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,433.74
The article makes Wentz come off as a douche! :roll:

edit: No need to repost, I hadn't see it,,,My apologies.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
I don’t know about him being a southern but I just don’t think he’s all that good

Image Image

Great White Shark
Budmonsan wrote:I don’t know about him being a southern but I just don’t think he’s all that good

He's from North Dakota
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,921.18
Griffimo wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:I don’t know about him being a southern but I just don’t think he’s all that good

He's from North Dakota

<checks resume>

yep.