The 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,908.95
Agree with the official time you cited....apparently the 4.25 time many sites quote is handheld perhaps?

Regardless... .he was fast.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
2020 Last Call
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 100,873.55
Why are we trying to argue about the times of the 2nd best wr of all time? He was uncoverable at his best and put up godly numbers.

THREE -3- peat

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
Boogs34 wrote:Why are we trying to argue about the times of the 2nd best wr of all time? He was uncoverable at his best and put up godly numbers.

Because I said Tamorrion Terry reminds me of a poor man's Moss. :lol:

Kind of the equivalent of saying DK Metcalf is a poor man's Megatron.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 41,461.87
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60
There’s quite a bit to nitpick there, but Trask that far below Mac is going to look really stupid in a couple years. That stood out.

Mac Jones is not a special talent. Some team that needs a smart backup for their QB room should take him on day 3.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 7,176.49

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Supreme Megalodon
Well, as unsurprising as it was that Justyn Ross went back to school, it is equally surprising that Olave went back to school. Figured he was a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. Perhaps he heard worse than that from the draft advisory board.

The league informed clubs that there will be no NFL Combine ahead of the 2021 draft.

Colleges will instead hold individual pro days, including timing and testing rules that have yet to be decided, on campus and provide corresponding video to all clubs whether it was represented or not. Each team will also be allowed to send one physician and one athletic trainer to conduct an in-person medical examination for a "certain number of prospects" at a designated location in early April. The league is still clearly flying by the seat of its pants, but one thing is certain: the 2021 combine and ensuing draft will be even more mysterious (and chaotic) than the 2020 version.
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:Well, as unsurprising as it was that Justyn Ross went back to school, it is equally surprising that Olave went back to school. Figured he was a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. Perhaps he heard worse than that from the draft advisory board.

I'd bet you are correct...he heard he was going to slip to late Rd 2 or early Rd 3 in what looks looks like another fairly deep WR class.

His teammate Fields fells differently and I'd do the same if I were him in a QB needy environment

I can't see Trask falling that far but am biased. We will get another look at him in the Senior Bowl in a week or so from now.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
2020 Last Call
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:
The league informed clubs that there will be no NFL Combine ahead of the 2021 draft.

Colleges will instead hold individual pro days, including timing and testing rules that have yet to be decided, on campus and provide corresponding video to all clubs whether it was represented or not. Each team will also be allowed to send one physician and one athletic trainer to conduct an in-person medical examination for a "certain number of prospects" at a designated location in early April. The league is still clearly flying by the seat of its pants, but one thing is certain: the 2021 combine and ensuing draft will be even more mysterious (and chaotic) than the 2020 version.

You mean, teams will have to judge prospects based on what they did on the field and not how many times they lift something and/or how fast they run in a straight line?

Mike Mamula is rolling in his grave.

I think the bigger issue of not having a combine is agents, coaches and GMs don’t get any free tampering period to gauge free agency and trade interest. Underwear Olympics was always the side show.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
jesteva wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Well, as unsurprising as it was that Justyn Ross went back to school, it is equally surprising that Olave went back to school. Figured he was a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. Perhaps he heard worse than that from the draft advisory board.

I'd bet you are correct...he heard he was going to slip to late Rd 2 or early Rd 3 in what looks looks like another fairly deep WR class.

His teammate Fields fells differently and I'd do the same if I were him in a QB needy environment

I can't see Trask falling that far but am biased. We will get another look at him in the Senior Bowl in a week or so from now.

I didn't understand the hype with Olave; so him returning is unremarkable. Toney going in the 1st would also blow my mind. Fantastic YAC receiver, but not a downfield threat... and I'm just not a fan of tepid Senior breakouts.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,998.00
I agree that the draft advisory board's grade drove Olave's decision. I think he will prove their evaluation wrong next season.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,859.60
Random musing that may/may not be controversial:

Waddle>Smith

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
I'd lean albeit slightly at this point to whoever went to the better situation QB and offensive philosophy standpoint

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
2020 Last Call