Megalodon
Sand$: 161,286.52
jnadke wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:If I was Bieniemy, and I didn’t want to get my rear end handed to me by the Chiefs twice a year and have no real shot at a Super Bowl appearance, I’d wait for the Dallas job after the 2021 season.

Yes, please.

Not gonna happen.

Jerruh can barely tolerate having a black QB. Otherwise he would've paid him $35M last year rather than $40M this year.

Yes, I know.

Still nice to dream
Sand$: 41,464.95
Darnold to get another year?

Two candidates who interviewed for the head-coaching vacancy, reached by ESPN, came away with the impression Darnold remains the preference of the team's hierarchy.

"They like him a lot," one candidate told ESPN.

The gap between Lawrence and the rest of the QB class is large so I would be completely fine with giving Darnold another year and trading out/drafting Sewell at 2
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,860.58
endzoneview wrote:
Darnold to get another year?

Two candidates who interviewed for the head-coaching vacancy, reached by ESPN, came away with the impression Darnold remains the preference of the team's hierarchy.

"They like him a lot," one candidate told ESPN.

The gap between Lawrence and the rest of the QB class is large so I would be completely fine with giving Darnold another year and trading out/drafting Sewell at 2

I assume Jets trade out. But not very far. Demoting Mekhi Becton would probably be demoralizing for him. Depends how much they believe in him.

Maybe talk to Atlanta or Cincy and pick up a 2nd or 3rd.
Last edited by jnadke on Sat 01.16.2021, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.
yeah, I wouldn't want to trade back further than Cincy.

IF they draft Sewell, kick Becton to RT? Becton looked like the real deal so maybe the plan is to target the best WR on their board, Devonta or Chase
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,860.58
endzoneview wrote:yeah, I wouldn't want to trade back further than Cincy.

IF they draft Sewell, kick Becton to RT? Becton looked like the real deal so maybe the plan is to target the best WR on their board, Devonta or Chase

I understand Sewell is HoF caliber, but even high-pick Tackles have failed. Greg Robinson and Luke Joeckel. Most recently Giants Andrew Thomas hasn't started his career well.

Last guy on Sewells caliber was Jake Matthews. He was supposed to be hot shoot. And well, yeah, he has been consistently top 10, he's not #1. Although that's more about ATL getting the guys around him good (which maybe says the direction the Jets should go).

I think Jets need to upgrade their interior before getting two expensive Tackles. Get a good LT and LG combo.
Last edited by jnadke on Sat 01.16.2021, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,151.44
Having Becton and Sewell would be awesome. Get the interior boosted thru FA and the later draft picks .
Lots of options for the Jets, especially if they pass on a QB.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
endzoneview wrote:Going to be interesting what OC's come with the DC's that will be hired as a head coach.

I wouldn't mind someone like Saleh. I think he'd be great for a culture boost. I just don't know who he'd bring with him to run the offense. That probably goes for every DC.

I'm less concerned with the hiring of an OC as HC, then finding a DC.

With that said, the Jets are looking for a "CEO" type HC that oversees everything.

The forced marriage of Adam Gase and Gregg Williams felt like two separate teams. No matter who they hire, I will be pissed if they don’t change the power structure.

from Jan 4th ^

today v

:thumbright:

another :thumbright:
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,151.44
Honestly think this could be the start of something big for the Jets.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
I'm truly split 50/50 if the Jets should make a play for Deshaun (if the deal is for only two 1's, not three) or just staying put, use the draft picks and cap space to put a real team around Darnold and see what he truly is.

I'm completely fine with either scenario. I can see the positives and negatives for both.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
endzoneview wrote:I'm truly split 50/50 if the Jets should make a play for Deshaun (if the deal is for only two 1's, not three) or just staying put, use the draft picks and cap space to put a real team around Darnold and see what he truly is.

I'm completely fine with either scenario. I can see the positives and negatives for both.

Hard to turn down a top 6 (at worst) NFL QB at 25.

Even if you trade 5 1st rounders, it's probably worth. Anything less than that and it's a steal.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,024.52
zuggyawesome wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I'm truly split 50/50 if the Jets should make a play for Deshaun (if the deal is for only two 1's, not three) or just staying put, use the draft picks and cap space to put a real team around Darnold and see what he truly is.

Hard to turn down a top 6 (at worst) NFL QB at 25.

Even if you trade 5 1st rounders, it's probably worth. Anything less than that and it's a steal.

I agree, but in this case I think a line should be drawn.

2 firsts this year and a second next is where I’m looking. Jets basically get out of the firsts 1 year, then it’s mostly business as usual.

3 first , probably good with it, but after that I might suggest no.

If I’m the dolphins I try and make this happen. I like tua , but you get him 3 years from now and give away not much in draft capital as far as time. This makes them very relevant for the next 3-4 years.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 84,179.06
sitting on denzel mims, all:

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
getdownmmmkay wrote:sitting on denzel mims, all:

Hell.. I'd be interested in Perriman, too if Watson comes

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60