Deshaun Watson Watch

Sand$: 41,464.95
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,824.40
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,024.52
70% completion 4800 yards passing 33 tds 7 ints.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,912.07
Maybe I'm naive but if they offer the job to Eric B and before he makes a decision, he calls Watson and tells him he'll take the job if he stays, that it wouldn't de-escalate things.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
2020 Last Call
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,151.44
I understand getting Watson's input on a coaching hire. I simply do not see how not taking his advice is disrespectful in any way.

If he really wants out he could officially ask to be traded, which he hasn't.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
bluemist wrote:I understand getting Watson's input on a coaching hire. I simply do not see how not taking his advice is disrespectful in any way.

He was told they would accept his input and then made the hire without accepting his input.

In effect, he was lied to (I suspect when he signed his contract extension).

Can't really blame the guy for not trusting management at this point. He's done what he could as a player to put himself in position to succeed but there's a massive wall put in front of him by GMs making horrible trades and inept coaching. At the end of the day, I just think he wants to win and doesn't feel like that will ever be a realistic possibility in HOU so long as these guys are doing their best to run the team into the ground.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,860.58
bluemist wrote:I understand getting Watson's input on a coaching hire. I simply do not see how not taking his advice is disrespectful in any way.

I mean, he could have asked, but just hasn't gone to the nuclear option of making the trade request public.

There's no official NFL TPS report form for requesting trade.

8) :lol:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
If he goes to the Jets, I’ll lmao.

Image Image

Megalodon
Again, instead of all the cryptic social media BS he could simply come out and officially ask for a trade while waiving his no-trade clause. The concept that a QB should decide who the coach is was stupid when the Browns did it and is stupid now.

bluemist wrote:Again, instead of all the cryptic social media BS he could simply come out and officially ask for a trade while waiving his no-trade clause. The concept that a QB should decide who the coach is was stupid when the Browns did it and is stupid now.

yeah, I don't think that's the issue.

They asked him for his opinion. He gave it. They didn't take it into consideration. Regardless of all that, they should have interviewed Eric B not because their star QB wanted them to but because he was seemingly atop the HC search options.

Not sure why they even pretended to ask Watson his thoughts then ignore him. I'd be pissed too.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,998.00
bluemist wrote:Again, instead of all the cryptic social media BS he could simply come out and officially ask for a trade while waiving his no-trade clause. The concept that a QB should decide who the coach is was stupid when the Browns did it and is stupid now.

That isn't what's happening.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:

While I admit I do not know all the ins and outs of the situation, it sure seems like it is EB or bust for the Texans and DeShaun at this point. Houston has mishandled this to be sure, but Watson is strong-arming them to take his choice for HC IMO. Certainly could be what is best for the Texans long term, as their own decisions have proved pretty pathetic recently.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,998.00
bluemist wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

While I admit I do not know all the ins and outs of the situation, it sure seems like it is EB or bust for the Texans and DeShaun at this point. Houston has mishandled this to be sure, but Watson is strong-arming them to take his choice for HC IMO. Certainly could be what is best for the Texans long term, as their own decisions have proved pretty pathetic recently.

I think Watson has bee a saint while dysfunction has run rampant above him. He finally put his foot down and if anything I'd argue he should have done this a lot sooner.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,024.52
I think Bienemy doesn’t take job.