Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,774.56
Yeah, my point is don’t reach for one at 5, that would be terrible.

I’ve been seeing early round two for Walker Little, I think people have forgotten how good he is. I’d take him over Slater and Leatherwood all day.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,756.88
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
jnadke wrote:

But I could see Bengals or Lions taking a WR.

If the Bengals don’t move up for Sewell, or all hell breaks loose and Sewell falls to them, they should take Chase or Pitts without hesitation.

I saw a mock recently that had them taking Slater, and that would be a colossal mistake.

If the below is true and it's for good reasons then I think trading up for Sewell is a bad idea.

If he falls? Great. If he doesn't? Starting caliber tackles will be available later. Don't use multiple bullets on one. Use one of them on an alternative and the others that would be used on Sewell to improve other areas of the team.

Is Sewell not a Joe Thomas level prospect? Feels like that's a guy I'd value quite highly over tackles that are expected to be established starters

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,381.48
Bengals won't trade out or up based on their history. Sewell could fall to them or they could take the LB from PSU and get an OT in the 2nd.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,140.12
zuggyawesome wrote:Is Sewell not a Joe Thomas level prospect? Feels like that's a guy I'd value quite highly over tackles that are expected to be established starters

Well, yeah. But are you as the owner of a top 10 pick going to spend the draft capital necessary to go up and get him? Top 10 draft pick trade comp's that aren't QB's are rare, but the Bills gave up two #1's to move up 4 spots for Sammy Watkins.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,029.69
jnadke wrote:After loading up last year, who's realistically in the market for a 1st round receiver?

Miami Dolphins (not happening with the #3 so it'd have to be the #18, unless they trade down the #3 if Sewell isn't there)
Carolina Panthers
NY Giants
WFT
Chicago Bears (depending how FA shakes out... maybe)
Tennessee Titans (if Corey leaves in FA)
LA Rams
TB Buccaneers (depending FA)
Green Bay Packers (stupid Funchess deal is going to make signing their FAs hard so they need to reload)

The bolded teams are the only ones I could see actually doing it.

The others would depend on how FA pans out, but they have other needs and could easily take a WR in the 2nd/3rd.

Raiders might be.... to make up for the 3rd round receiver they took in the first last year.

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
canadianraiderfan wrote:
jnadke wrote:After loading up last year, who's realistically in the market for a 1st round receiver?

Miami Dolphins (not happening with the #3 so it'd have to be the #18, unless they trade down the #3 if Sewell isn't there)
Carolina Panthers
NY Giants
WFT
LA Rams
Green Bay Packers (stupid Funchess deal is going to make signing their FAs hard so they need to reload)

The others would depend on how FA pans out, but they have other needs and could easily take a WR in the 2nd/3rd.

Raiders might be.... to make up for the 3rd round receiver they took in the first last year.

The season Ruggs had is 1000% on Carr's sorry rump. When your QB can't throw the ball more than 5 yards with consistency, the deep threat isn't much of a threat. Put Ruggs with Herbert and he's Tyreek Hill. Just sayin.

#FIREGRUDEN
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,626.76
SJSwarm wrote:
canadianraiderfan wrote:

Carolina Panthers
NY Giants
WFT
LA Rams

The season Ruggs had is 1000% on Carr's sorry rump. When your QB can't throw the ball more than 5 yards with consistency, the deep threat isn't much of a threat. Put Ruggs with Herbert and he's Tyreek Hill. Just sayin.

Or DHB :lol:

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Is Sewell not a Joe Thomas level prospect? Feels like that's a guy I'd value quite highly over tackles that are expected to be established starters

Well, yeah. But are you as the owner of a top 10 pick going to spend the draft capital necessary to go up and get him? Top 10 draft pick trade comp's that aren't QB's are rare, but the Bills gave up two #1's to move up 4 spots for Sammy Watkins.

Given that LT is probably the 3rd most valued position in football (based on contracts dealt) I could see an O-line needy team trading up for him (like CIN).

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,741.98
Re: above Raiders drafting a WR.
It’s unlikely getting one early, considering the capital spent last year.
Could happen, but I doubt it.
More likely, imo, the Raiders resign Agholor and another vet FA WR to fill out the room.

As far as Ruggs/Carr re above: Ruggs wasn’t on the field enough. A combination of injuries, learning curve, and (gulp) better players on the chart is my explanation.
Hope to see a jump from Ruggs this next season.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Cadence calls wrote:Re: above Raiders drafting a WR.
It’s unlikely getting one early, considering the capital spent last year.
Could happen, but I doubt it.
More likely, imo, the Raiders resign Agholor and another vet FA WR to fill out the room.

As far as Ruggs/Carr re above: Ruggs wasn’t on the field enough. A combination of injuries, learning curve, and (gulp) better players on the chart is my explanation.
Hope to see a jump from Ruggs this next season.

Ruggs was on the field enough to far outproduce his rookie production.

He is an undersized, speedster WR that never broke out in college. That doesn't mean he won't develop into a talent, but his year 1 struggles should've been expected as he acclimates to being a primary option.

Edwards would've finished #5 among rookie WRs with 1.93 YPRR (Behind Justin Jefferson, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Tyrie Cleveland, DeMichael Harris) if we remove the reception qualifier. As you can see, it's not a who's who of producers once we eliminate that qualifier, but it does speak to the fact that his lack of production wasn't because he played poorly; He just wasn't on the field.

Would be pretty surprised to see LV go back to WR in the first 2 rounds; especially given that they had far more issues on defense than offense this year.

Supreme Megalodon
Ah but now we have Gus Bradley. Watch them go sign every FA who ever played D for Seattle, then draft Etienne or a WR in round one.

I'm thoroughly expecting something that dumb. Sherman, Earl Thomas, KJ Wright, come on down!

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:Ah but now we have Gus Bradley. Watch them go sign every FA who ever played D for Seattle, then draft Etienne or a WR in round one.

I'm thoroughly expecting something that dumb. Sherman, Earl Thomas, KJ Wright, come on down!

The battered fan syndrome is strong in this comment :lol:

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,741.98
I don’t disagree.
The targets were hard to come by last year, if you weren’t Waller.
I’m not down on Ruggs or Edwards. They just didn’t pop as rooks.
Which goes back to why I commented: I don’t expect LV to take another rook WR early this year.
Unfortunately, the DL isn’t deep or top heavy in 2021.
I envision the Raiders going OT or CB in the first, at their spot.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,029.69
Cadence calls wrote:I don’t disagree.
The targets were hard to come by last year, if you weren’t Waller.
I’m not down on Ruggs or Edwards. They just didn’t pop as rooks.
Which goes back to why I commented: I don’t expect LV to take another rook WR early this year.
Unfortunately, the DL isn’t deep or top heavy in 2021.
I envision the Raiders going OT or CB in the first, at their spot.

Was being facetious with my reference to the Raiders taking a WR.... I HATED the Ruggs pick when they made it and I haven’t changed my mind... not so much because he’s not talented but more because he’s a terrible fit with Carr. If they are going to stick with Carr then Ruggs was a ridiculous pick. Having said that... The Raiders need to use every friggen pick they have on Defense this year.

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Ah but now we have Gus Bradley. Watch them go sign every FA who ever played D for Seattle, then draft Etienne or a WR in round one.

The battered fan syndrome is strong in this comment :lol:

I am a realist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#FIREGRUDEN