colts qb watch

Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,860.58
SJSwarm wrote:Do tell, who doesn't think SF, DEN and LV need a QB?

Jimmy G, Lock, and Carr are 3 of the worst starters in football.

I think their teams need upgrades but they have "serviceable" starters. Remember Joe Flacco and Nick Foles are Super Bowl MVP QBs.

They're certainly not going to make their inquiry public so they don't piss off their existing QBs under contract.

If you go that far then you might as well toss in the Jets, PIT, WAS, and half the NFL not in the NFC North.

That said, honestly, it would be a good move for the Lions to trade Stafford.

They aren't going to be competitive in the NFC North until Rodgers retires or is traded, and Stafford will fetch a sizeable haul of picks with QB being a position of need THIS year.

They also have the #7 pick to get a blue chip QB.

Trade him. Get a haul of picks. Trade those picks for more picks. Get young, win Super Bowl in 3-4 years.

Also for a QB of his caliber his remaining salary cap hit is absurdly low. He'll get paid on paper over the next 3 years less than Trevor Lawrence's 5 year rookie cap hit will be.

The only thing that might floor Matthew Staffords trade market is Deshaun Watsons situation. No team is going to send TWO 1st round picks for Stafford only to find out they could have traded THREE 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 100,873.55

Re Jimmy G I don't think 49ers deciders are in agreement with you. (not saying I'm not in agreement just don't think it's realistic today)

THREE -3- peat

Whale Shark
Sand$: 8,888.96
I have read about Eason's work ethic concerns, but whoever they bring in, isn't he still an option to win the job in camp?

His arm strength is ridiculous, seems to move well.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,024.52
endzoneview wrote:Remember Jacoby Brisket?

If that was his name he would of been the starter last year.
Supreme Megalodon
jnadke wrote:

I think their teams need upgrades but they have "serviceable" starters. Remember Joe Flacco and Nick Foles are Super Bowl MVP QBs.

They're certainly not going to make their inquiry public so they don't piss off their existing QBs under contract.

If you go that far then you might as well toss in the Jets, PIT, WAS, and half the NFL not in the NFC North.

That said, honestly, it would be a good move for the Lions to trade Stafford.

They aren't going to be competitive in the NFC North until Rodgers retires or is traded, and Stafford will fetch a sizeable haul of picks with QB being a position of need THIS year.

They also have the #7 pick to get a blue chip QB.

Trade him. Get a haul of picks. Trade those picks for more picks. Get young, win Super Bowl in 3-4 years.

Also for a QB of his caliber his remaining salary cap hit is absurdly low. He'll get paid on paper over the next 3 years less than Trevor Lawrence's 5 year rookie cap hit will be.

The only thing that might floor Matthew Staffords trade market is Deshaun Watsons situation. No team is going to send TWO 1st round picks for Stafford only to find out they could have traded THREE 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson.

IMO, I think stafford last 5 years are going to keep his stock down. I thinks he’s a 1st and conditional pick type trade target. I like Stafford, but his resume of late doesn’t, justify anything with 2 firsts and above.
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
jnadke wrote:Lol.

I assume they draft.

Or sign Jameis Winston.

I guess Andy Dalton is available too.

And Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Or some multiple of the above.

You think they have to aim that low?

If the Falcons draft a QB, Matt Ryan makes a lot of sense. Stafford does too if the Lions decide to start over under the new regime.

It sure as hell won't be some trash like Dalton or Winston.

If Atlanta goes qb, it’s makes sense to keep ryan this year.

Falcons are - 33 million in cap and the cheapest they can put from Ryan contract is 17 million.
Last edited by rugger48 on Fri 01.22.2021, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Sand$: 41,464.95
I think if Stafford got away from the Lions dysfunction, he'd have a team like the Colts in the Super Bowl in two seasons
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60
Boogs34 wrote:

Re Jimmy G I don't think 49ers deciders are in agreement with you. (not saying I'm not in agreement just don't think it's realistic today)

Local media seems to think Shanahan is hell bent on drafting a QB, and that Jimmy G will be sent back to NE.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
Boogs34 wrote:

Local media seems to think Shanahan is hell bent on drafting a QB, and that Jimmy G will be sent back to NE.

Agree, I don’t think they are sold at all on garrapolo . I think the 49ers go free agency. I don’t lynch wants to wait out a rookie Qb.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60
I’ve seen multiple mocks that have the Falcons taking Fields and the 49ers taking Lance. If that happens, the Falcons sending Ryan to the Niners and the Niners sending Jimmy back to NE all makes a ton of sense.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,151.44
SJSwarm wrote:I’ve seen multiple mocks that have the Falcons taking Fields and the 49ers taking Lance. If that happens, the Falcons sending Ryan to the Niners and the Niners sending Jimmy back to NE all makes a ton of sense.
It will be very interesting to see which of these dominoes fall first.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:I’ve seen multiple mocks that have the Falcons taking Fields and the 49ers taking Lance. If that happens, the Falcons sending Ryan to the Niners and the Niners sending Jimmy back to NE all makes a ton of sense.

I’m not disagreeing that they take a Qb, just that they need to trade ryan. It’s costs them 18 million to trade him post June 1st while they are already negative 33 million in cap space. By hey should keep Ryan for one more year and trade done of there other csp issues . Then look to trade Ryan next year when there cap is better
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
bluemist wrote:
It will be very interesting to see which of these dominoes fall first.

Yea I can see all of that happening

Image Image