Deshaun Watson Watch

Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,928.80
OarChambo wrote:A McCown hiring would be a disgrace, no hyperbole.

Ya, but hiring Jeff Fischer is a bit too obvious
Whale Shark
Sand$: 6,977.88
jnadke wrote:
OarChambo wrote:A McCown hiring would be a disgrace, no hyperbole.

Ya, but hiring Jeff Fischer is a bit too obvious

And also a disgrace.

Ingham County Feral Cats -- The Divine Comedy
Capitol City Coopers -- House of Bourbon

--Championships --
Deep Emerald '13
Kicker/Defense Challenge'10
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 318,660.23
The jets are on the verge of being a Super Bowl contender. I think they will pull off the deal for Watson and it looks like Sherman is going to follow Sal when and head east. Not that Sherman is that big of an impact, just saying... what about Chris Carson???

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,928.80
Budmonsan wrote:The jets are on the verge of being a Super Bowl contender. I think they will pull off the deal for Watson and it looks like Sherman is going to follow Sal when and head east. Not that Sherman is that big of an impact, just saying... what about Chris Carson???

Umm... the Jets are in full rebuild.

They just traded off their 2nd best defensive player on the entire team.

IF they hit on their picks and take advantage of the incoming Vet free agency fire sale they could assemble a playoff team. Maybe.

They still need a QB.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
The Jets have the assets necessary to acquire Watson if he actually wants to go there. Their ability to improve the team around him will be significantly hindered should they do it because they used those assets on one player. It'd likely be worth it, but this is still a multi year process and the goal for '21 would be to be in playoff contention in December.
Sand$: 42,195.13
The Jets are not on the verge of anything at the moment.

The Jets have no playmakers on offense. Mims has potential to be a solid #2. Crowder is still here for another year to be the #3. The need a true #1, a RB (or two) and a TE. Becton is a stud in the making but the rest of the line is average to below average.

On defense they have one or two key players at each level but they have plenty of holes at OLB and corner.

They have zero depth across the board.

Getting Watson and paying the price to get him doesn’t change anything for Watson besides the color of his jersey. I love Watson, would love to root for him. But unless they can get him at a discount, they shouldn’t go down this path. As tempting as it is.

They have Saleh and a ton of cap space so they can fix some of the above but there are no shortcuts to success. Watson will test that theory.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
endzoneview wrote:The Jets are not on the verge of anything at the moment.

The Jets have no playmakers on offense. Mims has potential to be a solid #2. Crowder is still here for another year to be the #3. The need a true #1, a RB (or two) and a TE. Becton is a stud in the making but the rest of the line is average to below average.

On defense they have one or two key players at each level but they have plenty of holes at OLB and corner.

They have zero depth across the board.

Getting Watson and paying the price to get him doesn’t change anything for Watson besides the color of his jersey. I love Watson, would love to root for him. But unless they can get him at a discount, they shouldn’t go down this path. As tempting as it is.

They have Saleh and a ton of cap space so they can fix some of the above but there are no shortcuts to success. Watson will test that theory.

Your really think Mims caps out as a #2? I thought he had Alpha potential based on his build and how quickly defenses began treating him as the #1 (although I guess that could be the result of a weak WR core)

Watson has shown he doesn't really need a strong O-line to put up big numbers; thanks to how elusive he is in the pocket.

The Jets pass D would probably be the limiting factor of this team if they managed to swing for Watson.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:The Jets pass D would probably be the limiting factor of this team if they managed to swing for Watson.

No matter what the Jets do the next couple of years the defense will be an issue. Their focus will rightfully be on offense. Is shooting multiple bullets at building a young group optimal to using those assets to acquire one 25 year old star who doesn't necessarily need them? I think it's an interesting conversation.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:The Jets pass D would probably be the limiting factor of this team if they managed to swing for Watson.

No matter what the Jets do the next couple of years the defense will be an issue. Their focus will rightfully be on offense. Is shooting multiple bullets at building a young group optimal to using those assets to acquire one 25 year old star who doesn't necessarily need them? I think it's an interesting conversation.

Don't know how many players they are away on D; but their Rush D wasn't bad this year. I could see them possibly seeing a Bucs D type of turnaround with some help in the secondary (or pass rush) this off-season and an improved offense that allows them to rest and isn't constantly making them defend short fields.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,257.14
If all they have to give up those 2 firsts and 2nd in 2022. I’d take Watson snd in 2 years you could be contending.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Don't know how many players they are away on D; but their Rush D wasn't bad this year. I could see them possibly seeing a Bucs D type of turnaround with some help in the secondary (or pass rush) this off-season and an improved offense that allows them to rest and isn't constantly making them defend short fields.

In today's game there is no such thing as a functional defense that sucks defending the pass. After Maye walks the Jets have one asset (Q) defending it. Everything else needs upgraded.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 306.08
Watson is staying where he is.
Texans QB Deshaun Watson's reported dream of joining Jets has 7 obstacles

saw this headline on Yahoo and it made me giggle.

People are really running with this story from the second worst Dolphins beat reporter that the Jets are Watson's preferred destination. As far as I can tell, this hasn't been reported or verified by anybody else.

This is going to be a wild and crazy off-season of these kinds of 'reports', quarterbacks putting up houses for sale, wives of quarterbacks enrolling kids in schools, etc, etc, etc. I love it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,456.18
Armando Salguero is an idiot! among other things, but Idiot and probably the most reliably UNRELIABLE PERSON you can ever read!

I noticed last week 2 or 3 stories he put out seem to get a log of coverage. ESPN, Bleacher Report and yahoo and posted his stories and I was like why! lol