Sand$: 41,834.61
J.J. Watt is "seriously considering" signing with the Browns.
Sources tell Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot the Browns are a real contender to land Watt after the Texans inexplicably released the superstar edge rusher. At last check, half the NFL was looking into signing Watt, who reportedly wants to sign with a legit Super Bowl contender. The Browns, after making it to the Divisional Round and nearly upsetting the Chiefs in Kansas City, would seem to fit that description. Watt, entering his age-32 season, was Pro Football Focus' seventh highest-graded edge defender in 2020 who has the third most QB pressures since 2011. He would be a big get for Kevin Stefanski's upstart Browns, who have $21.7 million in cap space this offseason -- the tenth most in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Steelers -- with Watt's two brothers -- are more than $30 million over the cap.

Mary Kay caveat
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,477.36
scootm44 wrote:If they choose not to pay Shaq Barrett it probably makes sense.

Not that they can’t afford watt still, they have a lot of key free agents to try and sign.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,160.23
I wonder if he’ll end up in Kc

Image Image

Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,476.92
Budmonsan wrote:I wonder if he’ll end up in Kc

Seems like just about the worst time to look for a payday as a FA, so I'd be looking at best situation I could get into.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,946.82
Off Constantly wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:I wonder if he’ll end up in Kc

Seems like just about the worst time to look for a payday as a FA, so I'd be looking at best situation I could get into.

There are creative ways to pay a guy even on a 1-year deal.

Such as 3 year, $3M contract with $12M signing bonus, with the ability for the player to void the contract when the 2022 league year starts.

That puts $3M on the books this year and $10M on the books in 2022.
I think JJ is going to be just fine contract-wise.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,521.52
endzoneview wrote:I think JJ is going to be just fine contract-wise.

i agree jj watt is gonna get paid well
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,160.23
He’s probably going to look for the best situation irregardless of money. Not saying he doesn’t want to be paid but he wants to win a championship and/or play with his brothers.

Heck, he has ultimate tag to make the money. LOL

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,750.35
Cardinals signed DE J.J. Watt to a two-year, $31 million contract.

Considered a long shot, Arizona kept a low profile to sign Watt, who was considering the Packers, Browns, and Steelers among others. The money is reasonable, featuring $23 million in guarantees. Heading into his age-32 season, Watt will likely play more snaps on the inside as some of his speed dwindles, but he still brings a high-end edge presence in spurts. Per NextGenStats, Watt was double teamed at the highest rate in the NFL last year (30%). It's unclear if the Watt signing means Arizona won't re-sign OLB Haasan Reddick (13.0 sacks in 2020), but if he were to come back the trio of Watt, Reddick, and OLB Chandler Jones would vault the Cardinals' pass rush into top-three consideration. They were eighth in adjusted sack rate last season while playing aggressive man coverage on the backend. Arizona's front office is certainly chasing their rookie quarterback contract window to win.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 1, 2021, 12:55 PM ET

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... es/9986546
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,276.32
I like the idea the Cardinals have here, but does it move the needle much for them?

NFCW is looking like a very very interesting division next year.
Chandler Jones on one side, JJ on the other.

Yes, I like the idea.
Megalodon
Sand$: 54,510.86
endzoneview wrote:Chandler Jones on one side, JJ on the other.

Yes, I like the idea.
If they re-sign Hassan Reddick too... whoa, look out. They'll also need a CB or 2 also since it looks like Peterson is gone, but looks like a fun D.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,144.94
ubertaco wrote:I like the idea the Cardinals have here, but does it move the needle much for them?

NFCW is looking like a very very interesting division next year.

Might get them to the playoffs, but I think their ceiling is capped as long as Kingsbury is there.
I didn't even put two and two together that DeAndre Hopkins was traded there.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,750.35
endzoneview wrote:I didn't even put two and two together that DeAndre Hopkins was traded there.

Yeah I wondered if Nuk lobbied him behind the scenes. Did they get along well when they played together?