Everybody Hurts - 2021 Top 10 QB

Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,767.18
canadianraiderfan wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:N'keal was a late 1st.. Henry Ruggs would be a closer cautionary tale (as far as draft capital), but Jaylen is a much, much better prospect.
I was just joking that Harry sucks. Ruggs might at least have potential.

I think Ruggs is alright. He is just a terrible fit for the Raiders with Carr under centre. Put a gunslinger back there and I think Ruggs runs wild. I hated the Ruggs pick for that reason.

If the problem is Carr, why did Nelson Agholor have so much success last year?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,793.40
800 and 8 is “so much success”?

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:800 and 8 is “so much success”?

Wasn't a starter for 2 games, and still had 896 yards receiving :lol:

Ruggs just sucked in year 1, all of these excuses don't hold up to scrutiny.

Supreme Megalodon
Oh well yeah that’s true, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a terrible fit with Carr, and that as long as he is the QB the only pass catcher on the roster with any upside is Waller. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:Oh well yeah that’s true, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a terrible fit with Carr, and that as long as he is the QB the only pass catcher on the roster with any upside is Waller. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Ruggs were good, he could be a 1,000 yard receiver with Carr.

But he just wasn't good. He can develop in the future, but these fantasies about Tyreek Hill were always crazy. Ruggs' YAC was a result of him simply outrunning pursuit angles in college.. that becomes much, much more difficult to do in the NFL when speed is higher across the board. He's not Dynamic in space, period. I don't understand why everyone is saying he's being misused on the Raiders?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,029.69
zuggyawesome wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Oh well yeah that’s true, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a terrible fit with Carr, and that as long as he is the QB the only pass catcher on the roster with any upside is Waller. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Ruggs were good, he could be a 1,000 yard receiver with Carr.

But he just wasn't good. He can develop in the future, but these fantasies about Tyreek Hill were always crazy. Ruggs' YAC was a result of him simply outrunning pursuit angles in college.. that becomes much, much more difficult to do in the NFL when speed is higher across the board. He's not Dynamic in space, period. I don't understand why everyone is saying he's being misused on the Raiders?

I think we need to consider the reason Ruggs was drafted (other than poor scouting and decision making I mean)...he is very fast. The thought being, I think, that he could get wide open and thus present Carr with an irresistible deep target, enough to overcome Carr’s innate instinct to check down to the open player 1 yard past the line of scrimmage. The organization grossly underestimated Carr’s willpower. He will force the dump off to his TE no matter who, or how many receivers are open downfield... Carr could literally have Jerry Rice and Megatron standing and waiving their arms alone in the end zone 35 yards downfield and he’d throw it to Waller for a 4 yard gain. it’s just who he is. Ruggs was most certainly not the best receiver in the draft, everyone knows it and everyone knew it at the time however I think he is a very viable receiver with exceptional speed. With the right QB and system I think he’ll be pretty good. The failure here is more in not understanding (or accepting) the capabilities of their QB than over-estimating the skills of Ruggs, although I agree that likely played a role as well. I think they believed that Ruggs was a player that couldn’t help but get Carr to stretch the field. They were wrong. No one can do that and if that’s the game they want to play then they need to move on from Carr. If they stick with Carr then they need a very different offensive scheme and Ruggs doesn’t fit.

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Can we please talk about my pathetic team in the pathetic team thread?

This is all about the next big thing, Jalen Hurts.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
How many targets did his TE's get in 2015/2016 when he didn't have Waller (an elite TE) and he had Cooper/Crabtree?

The Carr hate is getting crazy. He was terribad 3 years ago in his first year back from the broken leg.. but he's gone from average, above average, good the past 3 seasons.

Agholor had 22 deep targets last year.. that was #12 in the NFL. His ADoT was 15.48 on 82 targets.

The problem was Ruggs, period.

SJSwarm wrote:Can we please talk about my pathetic team in the pathetic team thread?

This is all about the next big thing, Jalen Hurts.

Ok, now we can talk about PHI's Lord and Savior Jalen Hurts \:D/

Supreme Megalodon
Mods, please split this nonsense into a “Why do people hate Derek Carr?” thread?

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:Ok, now we can talk about PHI's Lord and Savior Jalen Hurts \:D/

Thank the LAWD

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,029.69
SJSwarm wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Ok, now we can talk about PHI's Lord and Savior Jalen Hurts \:D/

Thank the LAWD

Jalen hurts is better than Derek Carr... discuss

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,521.52
canadianraiderfan wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Thank the LAWD

Jalen hurts is better than Derek Carr... discuss

fantasy wise,yes

real life,i say no
Sand$: 41,834.61
fantasy wise, yes
real life, TBD

At worst Hurts will be fantasy relevant.
We have yet to see his best.

This is an important off-season for him. Especially since he was a 2nd round pick. He gets to his second contract a year earlier than first round QB's.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,381.48
Top 10 is possible I suppose, but I think the 12-15 range is more likely.

Russ, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Stafford, Murray, Watson, Dak, Lamar, Baker and Burrow should all end up ahead of Hurts. Brady, Tanny, and Wentz could all be there to.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
bluemist wrote:Top 10 is possible I suppose, but I think the 12-15 range is more likely.

Russ, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Stafford, Murray, Watson, Dak, Lamar, Baker and Burrow should all end up ahead of Hurts. Brady, Tanny, and Wentz could all be there to.

You on crack.

If you are going to draft Baker or Stafford or Burrow (who might not even be ready by week 1) over Hurts, I have some lovely swampland in Florida that may intrigue you as well.

Wentz?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#FIREGRUDEN