Sand$: 41,306.63
I'm trying to make an offseason thread for every QB I guess

So I saw that the Cowboys didn't put Dak in their 2021 hype video. Kind of whatever but it gave the talking heads something to blabber about -

But then I saw the Cowboys video editor try to diffuse the situation which made me raise an eyebrow or two

an "oversight" to not include the franchise quarterback???

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,831.86
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 100,860.17
Bullcrap it was a mistake. He's the qb...

THREE -3- peat

Megalodon
Sand$: 54,043.20
Simply an oversight...

You literally had 1 job to do and left the most important player out of a team's highlight video during contentious contract discussions/disagreements. If it truly was an oversight, wouldn't you think this guy might get... fired?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,969.40
(it was not an oversight)
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
Was thinking the same Thing when I first saw it. No way it was an oversight. You don’t accidentally miss your most important player.

Image Image

Chum
Sand$: 11.30
Simply an oversight...

You literally had 1 job to do and left the most important player out of a team's highlight video during contentious contract discussions/disagreements. If it truly was an oversight, wouldn't you think this guy might get... fired?

I d not believe there is such a thing as an oversight in professional football

mono un mono
Starting Tuesday, the Cowboys can put the franchise tag on Dak Prescott at a cost of $37.7 million, but that will not happen until March 9, the tag deadline. Between Tuesday and March 9, the Cowboys hope to work out a long-term deal with Prescott. There have been discussions – if not actual negotiations – with Prescott's rep. Without a long-term deal by March 9, the next deadline to watch is July 15, the final day the sides can reach an agreement or else Prescott has play the season on the tag.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
7h ago
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,856.22
I assume the only reason they haven't tagged him right now is probably they want to tag someone else?

Not sure who they would tag, though.

Seems like a lot of fluff and excuses to let him walk.

If you're gonna play games with him, at least tag-and-trade. They could maybe sell him to Denver or the 49ers for their 1st and then use those two high picks to trade up into #3 draft a new QB.
Last edited by jnadke on Tue 02.23.2021, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dak- ... -leverage/
Owner Jerry Jones again hammered home that point on Tuesday, while also admitting the value of Prescott couldn't be higher.

"I don't know how you could have any more leverage," Jones told 105.3FM the Fan. "Dak has absolutely been ... a picture postcard so to speak, but his evolving into an NFL quarterback has been nothing short of perfect picture. He has great ability in my mind to win games. He's talented.

"He certainly has experience. And, so, he has all the things as substantiated by what we've offered Dak. You wouldn't be offering Dak what's being offered in the past if you not thought he was very special. The issue is how do you come together and that's no stranger to me. I've been doing it my whole life."

Getting it together will involve working to finally see eye-to-eye on the length of a new deal, with the Cowboys standing firm on wanting five years while Prescott sits on four -- wanting a chance to re-enter the market once the cap expectedly explodes in the next 2-3 years. The team has a reason for doing all they can to lock Prescott in for a longer period of time versus a shorter one, as Jones so readily explains.

With the bolded I'm guessing the Cowboys are the one playing games.

They probably conveniently left out the 5 vs 4 years is at the same total contract amount (meaning big pay decrease). This seems to be a very carefully worded statement.

Guessing Dak's agent is holding off leaking but as March approaches we'll probably hear some leaks on how much Dallas is low-balling him.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,142.64
Where does the "Jerruh wants a white QB" narrative come from?

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
bluemist wrote:Where does the "Jerruh wants a white QB" narrative come from?

Because he's racist.

He was one of the most outspoken owners about kneeling during the anthem. His tone has shifted, but that's after Rodger Goodell embraced it.

I'll edit it out, as this thread is about Dak and how much Jerry thinks he can low-ball him.
for arguments sake--

Let's say the Cowboys decided to sign Dak to an extension after his 3rd season, 2018. They were 10-6, made the playoffs two out of his three years, never had a losing record. His stats were solid, not spectacular. The Cowboys sign Dak to a Derek Carr-esque 5 year, $125M extension.

If that happened, they would be going into 2021 which would be Dak's last contract year with guaranteed money (using Carr's contract as a guideline) which would coincide with him coming off major surgery. They would then be able to gauge his success in 2021 and determine whether to sign him to another extension in 2022 or just pay him the team friendly $20M for the backend years of the deal.

Instead, they are facing a $38M franchise tag this year or a $200M long term contract for a 28 year old QB that may never be the same again.
Great White Shark
I assume Dak probably wants 4 years, $150M and the Cowboys want 5 years $150M.

Watson kinda set the price ceiling for Dak unfortunately.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,009.16
Dak has most of the leverage here, if dak wants 4 years 150 total, they should hurry up before he changes his mind. 4 years150 would be team friendly at this point.