How to find a new league?

SandShark
Sand$: 0.32
Hey everyone. Been around here awhile but haven’t been real active.
I was in a highly competitive league with friends for the past 15 years. It was a lot of fun and I took home five championships. The rules got too out of hand for me so with mixed feeling I left the league after taking home my final championship this season. So I’m going to be looking to join another competitive league and I’ve never had to go look for a random one to join so I’m looking for advice. The thing is though, I’m looking for a very specific type of league. $150-200 buy in dynasty, 12 man, deep IDP lineup. One other thing is I’d love it to be over all points rather than head 2 head but I’m willing to bend on that requirement if I can’t find such a thing. Anyways, I appreciate any feedback of where I could find something like this. Thanks.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,741.98
Why don’t you stay in your home league (since you’ve been getting titles), and just add on some leagues?
Especially if your original league is a money league.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
SandShark
There was a major rule change that allowed trading of future draft picks and I hated it because it was a keeper league. I tried to vote on it again and it got voted to stay. I hate the rule so much I would rather find a new league. I also only like one league to focus on. I don’t really have time for more.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 128,831.18
I have a couple openings in a long running Dyno league in here, if you might be interested. Shoot me a PM for more info. No money, just for fun.

2020 LOT Champion
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 32,171.01
bam327 wrote:There was a major rule change that allowed trading of future draft picks and I hated it because it was a keeper league. I tried to vote on it again and it got voted to stay. I hate the rule so much I would rather find a new league. I also only like one league to focus on. I don’t really have time for more.

the dynasty leagues I'm in allow for trading of all draft picks. It seems odd to me that you would not allow trading of next years picks. All the time in my leagues a guy sees a dude still there in the 5th, so he moves his next 4th for an extra 5th. Like, all the time...future picks are moved.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
SandShark
SnakeStabler wrote:I have a couple openings in a long running Dyno league in here, if you might be interested. Shoot me a PM for more info. No money, just for fun.

Thanks Snake but I’m looking for a money league. I appreciate your offer though
SandShark
honingskills wrote:
bam327 wrote:There was a major rule change that allowed trading of future draft picks and I hated it because it was a keeper league. I tried to vote on it again and it got voted to stay. I hate the rule so much I would rather find a new league. I also only like one league to focus on. I don’t really have time for more.

the dynasty leagues I'm in allow for trading of all draft picks. It seems odd to me that you would not allow trading of next years picks. All the time in my leagues a guy sees a dude still there in the 5th, so he moves his next 4th for an extra 5th. Like, all the time...future picks are moved.

And that’s how it should be. However this league was a keeper league so what happened was when teams realized they were out of the running, they would unload their players they weren’t keeping to the highest bidder to get more draft picks the following year. If it was a dynasty league it would be different with future trades because in dynasty you wouldn’t be as willing to unload your roster.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,254.50
bam327 wrote:
honingskills wrote:

And that’s how it should be. However this league was a keeper league so what happened was when teams realized they were out of the running, they would unload their players they weren’t keeping to the highest bidder to get more draft picks the following year. If it was a dynasty league it would be different with future trades because in dynasty you wouldn’t be as willing to unload your roster.

Actually samething happens in a dynasty too. If its a money league you just need to make sure they pay next years fees if they are trading picks. Seems pretty straight up to me. If a team decides to send some future picks to Win now, I don’t see a problem.

I don’t think you should leave a league because of that. In fact you might find it hard to find a keague that doesn’t do it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,741.98
Suck it up, buttercup. We shouldn’t be the people to ask about your league preferences, if you’ve won your league multi times.
Get a grip

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Honorary Mod (powerless)
Sand$: 4,573.08
Hmm, so you've been successful at this league, and the new rules might allow others to be more successful, so you are not a fan of the new rules?

As long as you can take advantage of them as well, i suggest sticking around and enjoy the prospects of kicking arse in a new way.

I like the idea of trading next year draft picks. For example, two years ago in my keeper league, i mortgaged the future to try to win it all. It didn't pan out, so last year i was short decent keepers and short draft picks. So i worked the waiver wires and made some trades. Now going into next season, i should be very competitive again. It makes the whole thing more fun in my eyes.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,055.46
This is weird.

He doesn't like the rules in that league, why is anyone trying to convince him that he should?

I agree with him, I think rules like that for (most) keeper leagues are stupid and likely lead to pissing people off and people quitting the league. I've been in a few like that where some owners decided to make some big change, didn't really matter the reason why, those leagues tended to fold pretty quickly, or just had massive turn over, but it was unpleasant for those of us who wanted some king of continuity.

Still, if a league want's to do something stupid, they can do it, people who don't want to play in a league with rules they think are stupid, no matter how much they win, can quit those leagues.

Not that IDP is stupid, but I hate it personally, so I've quit leagues which decided to add it. I've quit leagues which decided to change the scoring rules massively as well. Because I didn't enjoy the changes.

But, I don't know of any dynasty leagues which have exactly the set of rules OP is asking for either, seems they may have to compromise somewhat with what they do find.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,254.50
Its pretty standard rule, he’s being stubborn on this one.
SandShark
rugger48 wrote:Its pretty standard rule, he’s being stubborn on this one.

No dbag you’re being stubborn. I didn’t ask your opinion on the league rules, whether I should stay or go, or what you thought about other leagues. If you can’t stay in topic, eff off.
SandShark
gridguru wrote:Hmm, so you've been successful at this league, and the new rules might allow others to be more successful, so you are not a fan of the new rules?

As long as you can take advantage of them as well, i suggest sticking around and enjoy the prospects of kicking arse in a new way.

I like the idea of trading next year draft picks. For example, two years ago in my keeper league, i mortgaged the future to try to win it all. It didn't pan out, so last year i was short decent keepers and short draft picks. So i worked the waiver wires and made some trades. Now going into next season, i should be very competitive again. It makes the whole thing more fun in my eyes.

What is wrong with you? You need to seek help. I ask a frigin question about finding a new league and you feel like you need to dig deep as into why? What are you my friging fantasy football therapist? Jesus.
You guys have issues. I’ll see you in another 15 years.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,055.46
rugger48 wrote:Its pretty standard rule, he’s being stubborn on this one.

Well... he already answered :oops:

But, it being a standard rule or not is irrelevant to the question he asked. I also gave my opinion on that rule, and I think it's a really stupid rule for redraft or keeper, I wouldn't play in a league that used it. I'd just say go full dyno or forget about trading picks.

But that's also irrelevant.

He quit a league, and is looking for a new league.

Of course had he just asked about a specific kind of league without the preamble of why he left his old one none of this would have come up, but it did because people can't help themselves and feel the need to fantasysplain I guess.

I'm guilty of it too btw.