Sand$: 38,503.86
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
Griffimo wrote:

He's right. :Drink)

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 955.52
All time? No, he's not. Given that Brees hasn't officially retired yet he's probably not even Top 5 all time just including the QBs playing today
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,277.62
jnadke wrote:Is this a sell DK Metcalf moment or has his value already dropped?

Russell’s not going anywhere. Pete’s going to be 70 next season. He’s a good coach, but he needs to take a lesson from Patriots.
Great White Shark
Land Shark wrote:All time? No, he's not. Given that Brees hasn't officially retired yet he's probably not even Top 5 all time just including the QBs playing today

And the fact that you don’t even think it’s a discussion is exactly the point.

Wilson is top 5 all time in Win percentage; behind only Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Roger Staubach Tom Brady (minimum 80 wins)

And it sure as hell isn’t because of the team around him

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,578.72
zuggyawesome wrote:
Land Shark wrote:All time? No, he's not. Given that Brees hasn't officially retired yet he's probably not even Top 5 all time just including the QBs playing today

Wilson is top 5 all time in Win percentage; behind only Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Roger Staubach Tom Brady (minimum 80 wins)

those early seattle teams were built on defense (Legion of Boom) and the run game (marshawn)...Wilson wasn't carrying those teams at all.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,298.70
Top 5 of all time? :roll:

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

those early seattle teams were built on defense (Legion of Boom) and the run game (marshawn)...Wilson wasn't carrying those teams at all.

All of these QBs had good teams around them at some point in their careers. The point is that even when they didn't have those teams they still kept their team's afloat.

Check out the w/l's since the legion of boom has left. It's been more or less the same regardless of whether or not the O-line is terrible, there's a run game, how bad their defense is, or who Russ is throwing the ball to.

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,578.72
dont get me wrong. I like Wilson but SEA had a solid team...one of the best defenses i've ever watched. SEA had the best DEF in the league for a few years. I think the defense was more feared than Wilson.

But i do think WIlson is going to be one of the best when it's all said and done.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Blue Shark
Sand$: 955.52
That "minimum 80 wins" caveat was so hyperspecific I had to look up the all time stats myself. I see now why you picked it - it eliminates people ahead of him with 50+ or 60+ wins. By the 80-win cutoff, just look at win % metric, Ben Roethlisberger is the 6th greatest QB of all time.

Edit: Tony Romo just misses being the 17th greatest QB of all time by 2 wins (78-49)!
Last edited by Land Shark on Thu 03.04.2021, 20:23, edited 2 times in total.
Sand$: 42,224.11
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

And he blew his chance when given
Sand$: 42,224.11
Russ is really good, probably top 5 playing right now.

He sees the writing on the wall. Seattle is probably looking at QBs in this draft. He caught wind of it, and is trying to force his way out while he can still get a new contract with a new team.
Great White Shark
Land Shark wrote:That "minimum 80 wins" caveat was so hyperspecific I had to look up the all time stats myself. I see now why you picked it - it eliminates people ahead of him with 50+ or 60+ wins. By the 80-win cutoff, just look at win % metric, Ben Roethlisberger is the 6th greatest QB of all time.

Edit: Tony Romo just misses being the 17th greatest QB of all time by 2 wins (78-49)!

Russ has 98 wins, I couldve chosen a much more specific number.

I just didn't want to have to keep scrolling down the list I was looking at that was ordered by total wins.

There is a big difference between 50 wins and 100 wins regardless. Thats almost two times the sustained era of success which makes it much harder to hold onto a loaded roster.

edit: just checked out the names this missed out. Otto Graham (57 wins), Daryle Lamonica (66 wins), Jim McMahon (67 wins) are the only names added, and all were before the salary cap era.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,928.80
endzoneview wrote:Russ is really good, probably top 5 playing right now.

He sees the writing on the wall. Seattle is probably looking at QBs in this draft. He caught wind of it, and is trying to force his way out while he can still get a new contract with a new team.

It also doesn't help that he'll be on his 3rd offensive coordinator in 4 years.

Granted, getting rid of Schottenheimer is a good thing.
Megalodon
Sand$: 6,222.97
Russ about to get traded

Twitter :@Adenchiz