Deshaun Watson Watch

Megalodon
Sand$: 54,436.54
endzoneview wrote:I'm going to guess that the Pats are probably willing to overpay for Jimmy G and Bridgewater would be a bridge to a rookie QB.
What would you consider an 'overpay'? I don't see even a 3rd-round pick considering the contract. For a 5th, is all of that worth it to the 49ers? I would say no. For a 4th? Still probably not. I just don't see it with no other true viable options for the 49ers.

My argument is that it's just easier to keep Garoppolo rather than to trade/cut him and then trade for Bridgewater on top of it.
The 49ers are talking like they want to ride out Garoppolo and back him up with someone like Dalton.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
Jcb890 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:If Teddy's traded the bonus doesn't follow him, so SF could cut him in 22 without penalty. His sticker price would be $18 this year and $21 next. But I don't think he would be acquired to backup Jimmy G - he'd be acquired to backup/bridge to a rookie. This reads like an if-then hypothetical. An if we are able to move Jimmy then move up far enough to draft a rookie then we'll trade for Teddy sorta thing.
With or without the bonus, Teddy's dead cap in '22 is basically negligible ($5M). The sticker price is a little less overall, but the sentiment is the same.
If your plan is just to have a bridge, why would you bring in an entirely new QB to do that? Garoppolo's contract isn't much more than Bridgewater's and I'd have to assume everyone in the organization would prefer Garoppolo over Bridgewater in a 1-for-1 comparison. Neither guy is what anyone would consider 'dependable' from a health standpoint. Neither guy's skillset or body of work is blowing either team away.
I highly doubt any teams are going to offer anything of value for Garoppolo. So, you're going to go through all of this work for, what, a 4th/5th/6th-round pick in return? That hardly seems worth it.

Skills and traits aren't the decision making driver in this hypothetical - being a good mentor for the future of the franchise is.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,254.50
Jcb890 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I'm going to guess that the Pats are probably willing to overpay for Jimmy G and Bridgewater would be a bridge to a rookie QB.
What would you consider an 'overpay'? I don't see even a 3rd-round pick considering the contract. For a 5th, is all of that worth it to the 49ers? I would say no. For a 4th? Still probably not. I just don't see it with no other true viable options for the 49ers.

My argument is that it's just easier to keep Garoppolo rather than to trade/cut him and then trade for Bridgewater on top of it.
The 49ers are talking like they want to ride out Garoppolo and back him up with someone like Dalton.

I think the narrative changes if it’s the Patriots. Bill hasnt been afraid to slightly over pay for something he wants. I mean, I could see a 2nd or 3rd coming from the pats for Jimmy considering the history. The contract actually seems ok for this scenario. We need to remember that Jimmy had history with the pats offense.

Im guessing the reason why the 49ers might do it , is they feel it isn’t working out and want a change.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,264.16
Dolphins informed LB Kyle Van Noy of his release.

The move comes one season into a "four-year deal," one that included $15 million fully guaranteed at signing. It clears $9.775 million in cap space, a number that jumps to $12.525 million if Van Noy is designated a post-June 1 release. Three weeks shy of his 30th birthday, Van Noy missed two games with a groin issue in 2020, and also dealt with a "painful hip issue." He was not effective when healthy. Coach Brian Flores could not re-create his Patriots magic with the versatile linebacker. Van Noy shouldn't hurt for suitors looking to give him a second chance, but his age and tough 2020 make him the sort of player all but certain to get underpaid in a year where the salary cap is falling.
Related:

Miami Dolphins

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Mar 2, 2021, 1:32 PM ET

Makin' moves to go for Watson?

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
Great White Shark
Sand$: 40,002.28

first report I've seen on Houston taking calls and not sending it to voicemail.
Sand$: 42,195.13
Jets beat writers are trying to will this trade into happening
Great White Shark
interesting note on Fields

I’m loving this hype on Wilson. Really putting the Jets in a good spot to trade down and/or create even more value for that 2 pick if they do indeed go after Deshaun
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
Why would Field's agent make the Texans less likely to draft him? What kind of backwards logic is that?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,542.41
For reasons without any merit or logic whatsever, draft pundits are pushing down Fields in mock drafts.

They mean NOTHING.

OSU's Pro Day is March 30th. That means something and how he looks in a likely very scripted exhibition throwing to what should be pretty good receivers and how he test in whatever drills he decides to participate in meant something. If he runs a sub 4.5 which I think he'll do, look for him to be back in the mix at 1.02.

If there's any question on his arm strength and there shouldn't be, one step and 60+ yards in the air in the bucket...

The guy can play.

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,519.62
jesteva wrote:For reasons without any merit or logic whatsever, draft pundits are pushing down Fields in mock drafts.

They mean NOTHING.

OSU's Pro Day is March 30th. That means something and how he looks in a likely very scripted exhibition throwing to what should be pretty good receivers and how he test in whatever drills he decides to participate in meant something. If he runs a sub 4.5 which I think he'll do, look for him to be back in the mix at 1.02.

If there's any question on his arm strength and there shouldn't be, one step and 60+ yards in the air in the bucket...

The guy can play.

i just hope SF someone can make a play for him...

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
maybe this Russell Wilson noise is getting the Texans moving
Great White Shark
or not