Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
OarChambo wrote:]
I hinted at it before, but I gave up rationalizing the QB market some time ago. High level - I would call this a market correction based on what happened with Tannehill and any other cancerous results on account of Gase.

I would call this an overcorrection.

OarChambo wrote:I don't remember exactly what I wrote over the first few months after he took over, but something along the lines of nothing that happens while he's in charge matters.

Darnold not realizing his potential with Gase and this situation is expected. Darnold being the worst starting QB over a 3 year period is not.

Baker Mayfield set the rookie QB TD record in 14.5 games playing with Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens; while throwing to guys like Derrick Willie and Damion Ratley through a multi game stretch of injuries.

Franchise QBs rise above their situations and I can not remember a QB who's played this badly for an extended period that amounted to much of anything in the history of the NFL.

The level of futility this offense has endured under Darnold is being understated.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 40,004.62
Sand$: 42,195.13
It took Vinny 10 years to become good.

Also, he had a two year span in Tampa with 57 interceptions. Holy moly.
Megalodon
Sand$: 54,436.54
Also, while I do think it's an overpay by the Panthers... I think it is worth taking the shot still.
If I was a Panthers fan, I'd prefer not to have 'spent' so much, but nothing wrong with making a move and trying to strike gold.

Good for the Jets to get that good of a return too.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:]
I hinted at it before, but I gave up rationalizing the QB market some time ago. High level - I would call this a market correction based on what happened with Tannehill and any other cancerous results on account of Gase.

I would call this an overcorrection.

OarChambo wrote:I don't remember exactly what I wrote over the first few months after he took over, but something along the lines of nothing that happens while he's in charge matters.

Darnold not realizing his potential with Gase and this situation is expected. Darnold being the worst starting QB over a 3 year period is not.

Baker Mayfield set the rookie QB TD record in 14.5 games playing with Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens; while throwing to guys like Derrick Willie and Damion Ratley through a multi game stretch of injuries.

Franchise QBs rise above their situations and I can not remember a QB who's played this badly for an extended period that amounted to much of anything in the history of the NFL.

The level of futility this offense has endured under Darnold is being understated.

Darnold came into the league error prone and needing coached up. It's why I thought he made a mistake declaring when he did. He needed more seasoning and he wasn't going to get it from a bad team picking him in the top 5. Then he went to arguably the worst possible situation who then hired the worst possible coach to develop him.

I dont know if he can be fixed, but nothing that happened the last 2 years matters. It's like Baker's 2019 but on a much larger scale. Expect signs of life by December, but the project may not be complete til 22.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,516.08
Elmagister wrote:I don't think you're a killjoy.

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
OarChambo wrote:Darnold came into the league error prone and needing coached up. It's why I thought he made a mistake declaring when he did. He needed more seasoning and he wasn't going to get it from a bad team picking him in the top 5. Then he went to arguably the worst possible situation who then hired the worst possible coach to develop him.

I dont know if he can be fixed, but nothing that happened the last 2 years matters. It's like Baker's 2019 but on a much larger scale. Expect signs of life by December, but the project may not be complete til 22.

Is it possible Baker just bought into his own hype too much after a phenomenal rookie year?

QBs have a bad season here or there all the time. The difference is that Darnold's eclipsed a 3 year window... which is very different from Baker's 2019.

I just don't agree that you can give Darnold a free pass for 3 years of bad play... but we'll see what he does in 2021. :thumbright:

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Darnold came into the league error prone and needing coached up. It's why I thought he made a mistake declaring when he did. He needed more seasoning and he wasn't going to get it from a bad team picking him in the top 5. Then he went to arguably the worst possible situation who then hired the worst possible coach to develop him.

Is it possible Baker just bought into his own hype too much after a phenomenal rookie year?

QBs have a bad season here or there all the time. The difference is that Darnold's eclipsed a 3 year window... which is very different from Baker's 2019.

I just don't agree that you can give Darnold a free pass for 3 years of bad play... but we'll see what he does in 2021. :thumbright:

If you're curious about what happened with the Browns in 2019 sign up for the orange and brown report and happy reading. It was pure chaos. It takes an Andrew Luck caliber young quarterback to over come that level of dysfunction, no matter if it was a year or 2+
Supreme Megalodon
He put this better than I did...

Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,195.13

“Whether I look bad or not [for trading Darnold], I could give two s—s about that,” Douglas said, with a laugh. “I know that he’s gonna have success. The timing didn’t really work out for him here. We couldn’t turn this around fast enough for him. And that’s not his fault. I root for good people, and that dude’s a good man, and he’s gonna do good things. I believe that.”
Great White Shark
Blue Shark
Sand$: 402.60
I don't think I buy that.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:I don't think I buy that.

same. just wanted to pass it on because it's out there.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 402.60