Falcons at 4.... for now?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,437.46
OarChambo wrote:All of tier 2 has HoF potential. LB's just don't matter as much in today's game.

2 down thumpers don't matter as much.

LB's with elite coverage ability absolutely do matter, and are as rare as Republicans with common sense.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
SJSwarm wrote:
OarChambo wrote:All of tier 2 has HoF potential. LB's just don't matter as much in today's game.

LB's with elite coverage ability absolutely do matter, and are as rare as Republicans with common sense.

:lol:

I dont think his coverage abilities are meaningfully different than JOK. It's the other stuff why he's on another level. And in this particular class that isn't top 5.
Supreme Megalodon
I agree that he can't be a top 5 pick based on the current draft order and team needs.

I disagree that he isn't a top 5 level talent, however.

In any draft without this smorgasbord of elite QB's, Parsons would go much higher, regardless of positional value.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
SJSwarm wrote:I agree that he can't be a top 5 pick based on the current draft order and team needs.

I disagree that he isn't a top 5 level talent, however.

In any draft without this smorgasbord of elite QB's, Parsons would go much higher, regardless of positional value.

We don't disagree about his talent.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 40,002.28
Feels like he'll be a Giant
Sand$: 42,195.13
OarChambo wrote:LB's just don't matter as much in today's game.

*after looking at the Jets LB depth chart
Supreme Megalodon
Griffimo wrote:Feels like he'll be a Giant

Yeah it seems like 11 or 12 should be his floor.

I still think the Panthers will take him.

#FIREGRUDEN
Megalodon
Sand$: 32,171.01
OarChambo wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:What would it cost for the Patriots to move up to 4 from 15? Probably similar to the other trades around that area (2/3) where you're adding at least 2 future 1st-rounders.
Seems like it would be 'too much' for BB to make that move.

Bellichik manages his team with an I want more darts than my competition perspective. I think he would move up for a particular QB, but agree that whatever the cost (two one's and a two?) probably rules him out. Hypothetically speaking, if the same guy slips to Detroit then maybe he'd try to slide up at a lesser rate...if of course Detroit doesn't pick that guy themselves.

True.
Also true, belichick sucks at darts.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,516.08
SJSwarm wrote:

Does he have elite cover skills? I thought I read that was a potential knock on his game. Not that he necessarily can't but just wasn't asked to much? :dontknow:

I'm a dudette. Image
Supreme Megalodon
bunnywafer wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Does he have elite cover skills? I thought I read that was a potential knock on his game. Not that he necessarily can't but just wasn't asked to much? :dontknow:

4.39 wheels along with his other quick twitch related measurables indicate far more to me about his ceiling in that department than his 2019 tape does. Keep in mind that there is usually exactly one team in his entire conference that is proficient at passing the football, so I am projecting.

#FIREGRUDEN
Megalodon
Sand$: 126,266.99
I wish I could say I had some amazing insight as to how the Falcons are thinking but I don't.

I'll just say that I will be VERY surprised if they stay put and take a QB.

Sand$: 42,195.13
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Orlando Ledbetter reports Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot and head coach Arthur Smith are now "aligned" on what to do with the fourth pick in the NFL Draft.
Smith and Fontenot were reportedly not in agreement with how to handle the No. 4 pick. They seem to have worked out their differences, though we still have no idea whether they'll trade the pick for a king's ransom or use it to draft a QB or Kyle Pitts. Smith reportedly believes Matt Ryan has some good years left in the tank, indicating Smith might be opposed to drafting Ryan's heir apparent this spring. A passing attack headlined by Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones, and Pitts would be frightening.

Odd story but interesting timing to put this out after the “Jerry Jones willing to trade up for Pitts” story.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,264.16
The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports the Washington Football Team could "unload all their picks" to move up in the NFL Draft and select North Dakota State's Trey Lance.

"I think they love Lance. I don't think, I know Washington loves Lance," Lombardi said on a recent GM Shuffle Pod. "I think they're willing to go get him." The Football Team trading away a bunch of picks to move into Atlanta's No. 4 draft spot would upend the entire draft, changing plans for most teams outside the top five or six selections. Lance in Washington would hardly be ideal for Terry McLaurin, as the Football Team would most likely operate a run-heavy offense centered on Lance and Antonio Gibson. Even if he gets the Week 1 gig, Ryan Fitzpatrick could once again be usurped by a rookie if Washington lands Lance.
Related:

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Taylor Heinicke

Source: Burgundy Blog on Twitter
Apr 9, 2021, 12:22 PM ET

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 318,660.23
scootm44 wrote:I wish I could say I had some amazing insight as to how the Falcons are thinking but I don't.

I'll just say that I will be VERY surprised if they stay put and take a QB.

Yea they’ll trade down because unless they take a win they should drop and pick up some more capital

Image Image

Blue Shark
Sand$: 274.62
Could the Falcons be setting themselves up to do what Tampa did. Meaning, draft Pitts and load up on the weapons now, then bring in Rodgers once him and Green Bay are done with each other.