4%

Total votes : 27
Sand$: 42,195.13

Trade with the Niners and draft Fields!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,254.50
endzoneview wrote:

Trade with the Niners and draft Fields!

I would say yes, but what do they have to trade now?

Edit: just looked, they still have stuff they can move.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,289.54
Still think the pick here is Fields. Not saying the other two guys behind him cannot succeed, but I suspect the Niners identified their guy and traded up to get him. Sit him for most if not all of the season and trade Jimmy in the offseason.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,264.16

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
HammerHead Shark
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1378054740421054465?s=20

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
HammerHead Shark
idk how to make those pretty

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
Sand$: 42,195.13
have to use [tweet][/tweet] and remove ?s=20 from the end of the copy/paste
HammerHead Shark
repost
Last edited by Off Constantly on Wed 04.07.2021, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
HammerHead Shark

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,516.08
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Shanahan is a wizard that can make it work with just about any QB, but if this trade really was for Mac Jones then this was an awful move.

bluemist wrote:Went with Fields, but the only sure thing is they didn't give up those picks for a non-QB.

Jones makes no sense. They (probably) could have stayed at 12 and gotten him.

I hear this a lot, but what is this based on?

If the 9ers think he's worth trading up to #3 for, why do people assume other teams don't as well? I've heard a lot about CAR loving Mac Jones from their work with him at the Senior Bowl.

I was just about to say something similar. I heard that he generated alot of interest at the Senior Bowl, and from the reports I read / saw, alot of the analysts were saying scouts, coaches, etc. really love his intangibles - so exactly the kinds of things that WE as armchair scouts can't really know... things like leadership, how he gets along with other guys, how he motivates other guys, etc. etc. etc.

Numbers on paper and even film don't tell the whole story obviously, and intangibles are things you can't coach up, so I can see how a scout or coach could fall in love with a guy because of that, and then just convince themselves they can coach them out of any flaws in their game....

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,519.62
bunnywafer wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Shanahan is a wizard that can make it work with just about any QB, but if this trade really was for Mac Jones then this was an awful move.

bluemist wrote:Went with Fields, but the only sure thing is they didn't give up those picks for a non-QB.

If the 9ers think he's worth trading up to #3 for, why do people assume other teams don't as well? I've heard a lot about CAR loving Mac Jones from their work with him at the Senior Bowl.

I was just about to say something similar. I heard that he generated alot of interest at the Senior Bowl, and from the reports I read / saw, alot of the analysts were saying scouts, coaches, etc. really love his intangibles - so exactly the kinds of things that WE as armchair scouts can't really know... things like leadership, how he gets along with other guys, how he motivates other guys, etc. etc. etc.

Numbers on paper and even film don't tell the whole story obviously, and intangibles are things you can't coach up, so I can see how a scout or coach could fall in love with a guy because of that, and then just convince themselves they can coach them out of any flaws in their game....

I too am in believe they didn't need to trade up to 3 for Jones...but we will see. I think it's all talk.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
bunnywafer wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

Given his physical makeup and actual play, the above should be expected. If Mac Jones is going to win at the next level then it'll be weighted heavily on what he is neck-up, on and off the field.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,289.54
They can coach Mac up all they want, but if he cannot make all the throws and cannot escape NFL pressure then the coaching can only go so far. SF's move only makes sense if the pick is Fields or Lance IMO. Upside baby.

I have 2000 sandies that says Mac is not the pick at #3.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
HammerHead Shark
Justin Fields to throw for teams again before the 2021 NFL Draft, 49ers brass expected to attend, per report
Unlike his pro day, Fields is expected to throw with Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch in attendance

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/justin-fields-to-throw-for-teams-again-before-the-2021-nfl-draft-49ers-brass-expected-to-attend-per-report/

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,516.08
bluemist wrote:They can coach Mac up all they want, but if he cannot make all the throws and cannot escape NFL pressure then the coaching can only go so far. SF's move only makes sense if the pick is Fields or Lance IMO. Upside baby.

I have 2000 sandies that says Mac is not the pick at #3.

I don't necessarily disagree. I was also not making any comments on my personal opinion about him. (I don't have a firm opinion right now as I haven't dove into QB tape yet, but I doubt I'm going to come away with a vastly different opinion than the majority here...).

I was just echoing ziggy's comments about how just because we all think he would be there at 12 doesn't mean NFL guys think he will, and that's all that matters.

Similar to your comments here about coaching up and whether or not that's possible. You don't gotta convince ME that coaching him up might not be possible. You gotta convince an NFL coach or scout. Gonna guess there's alot of big egos out there that might have very high opinions on their coaching abilities.

On first blush, I definitely see more upside with guys like Fields or Lance.

I'm a dudette. Image