Who will the Niners draft at 3?

Justin Fields
12
34%
Trey Lance
9
26%
Mac Jones
8
23%
Zach Wilson because the Jets aren't taking him
4
11%
someone else
2
6%
 
Total votes : 35
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2012
Sand$: 2,469.58
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21039
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,622.90
Off Constantly wrote:

No mask on...he's a Niner :D :Drink)

i hope the Jets don't take him.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2012
Sand$: 2,469.58
I like this.


But JETS were also there. Feeling they might snipe him.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10761
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 24,381.48
I honestly cannot understand how anyone thinks the Niners could take Jones over Fields. Yes, anything is possible, but them moving up only makes sense if you have identified a perfect fit for your team and one that has no chance of making it to your pick. That guy is Fields IMO.

I think Fields is perfect for the Niners. As good a Trevor is I would not be surprised if Fields has the better career in SF.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59957
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 122,136.88
bluemist wrote:I honestly cannot understand how anyone thinks the Niners could take Jones over Fields. Yes, anything is possible, but them moving up only makes sense if you have identified a perfect fit for your team and one that has no chance of making it to your pick. That guy is Fields IMO.

I think Fields is perfect for the Niners. As good a Trevor is I would not be surprised if Fields has the better career in SF.

Any QB with Shanahan is in a substantially better situation than any QB with Urban.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21039
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,622.90
Kyle Shanahan reportedly after Justin Fields Pro day..he's has on the grey pants and dark blue shirt.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1382493457814544385
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21039
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,622.90
Football
OurSF49ers
@OurSf49ers_
Seeing Fields and Lance throw these past two weeks I can’t imagine how anyone would think Mac Jones is the guy Kyle Shanahan would trade from 12-3 to play QB for the #49ers
12:41 PM · Apr 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
56
Retweets
4
Quote Tweets
695
Likes
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 30597
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,463.26
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Football
OurSF49ers
@OurSf49ers_
Seeing Fields and Lance throw these past two weeks I can’t imagine how anyone would think Mac Jones is the guy Kyle Shanahan would trade from 12-3 to play QB for the #49ers
12:41 PM · Apr 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
56
Retweets
4
Quote Tweets
695
Likes


77% best ever completion %

4500 yards

41 tds : 4 ints

Yep I can definitely see how 2 pro days completely left mac in the dust.

Just saying.


Just for the record, I can totally see tge 49ers going with lance or fields too.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21039
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,622.90
rugger48 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Football
OurSF49ers
@OurSf49ers_
Seeing Fields and Lance throw these past two weeks I can’t imagine how anyone would think Mac Jones is the guy Kyle Shanahan would trade from 12-3 to play QB for the #49ers
12:41 PM · Apr 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
56
Retweets
4
Quote Tweets
695
Likes


77% best ever completion %

4500 yards

41 tds : 4 ints

Yep I can definitely see how 2 pro days completely left mac in the dust.

Just saying.


Just for the record, I can totally see tge 49ers going with lance or fields too.

it's funny how the narrative has indeed changed ...after the pro day. Seems like the Mac Jones hype died down a bit
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 30597
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,463.26
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Football
OurSF49ers
@OurSf49ers_
Seeing Fields and Lance throw these past two weeks I can’t imagine how anyone would think Mac Jones is the guy Kyle Shanahan would trade from 12-3 to play QB for the #49ers
12:41 PM · Apr 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
56
Retweets
4
Quote Tweets
695
Likes


77% best ever completion %

4500 yards

41 tds : 4 ints

Yep I can definitely see how 2 pro days completely left mac in the dust.

Just saying.


Just for the record, I can totally see tge 49ers going with lance or fields too.

it's funny how the narrative has indeed changed ...after the pro day. Seems like the Mac Jones hype died down a bit



Because it just happened, what else are they going to talk about. I really dont think Mac is the choice, but his play last season isnt something to ignore. I’m sure some theories could be developed as to why he played fairly well last season.
Last edited by rugger48 on Tue 04.20.2021, 09:08, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 692.44
The media narrative changes because pretending everything is an ever-shifting horse race is how they get clicks. That you're buying into it, and using itself to prove its own veracity is really something.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21039
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,622.90
i'm not buying into it...im just following it being that i'm a niner fan. But the Mac Jones hype was strong.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 692.44
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:i'm not buying into it...im just following it being that i'm a niner fan. But the Mac Jones hype was strong.

And it came from?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21039
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,622.90
idk. But Vegas had Mac as the odds favorite for a while at -150. i think Fields was at like +150. Maybe that had something to do with it.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 692.44
It came from the same media who are now shifting the narrative, as though the 9ers are changing their minds, all while nothing on the field happens that would change their minds.