Great White Shark
Sand$: 53,919.00
Well that clears that up. Cecil is a fking liar.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,136.88
Griffimo wrote:Well that clears that up. Cecil is a fking liar.

Nah, his connections with the Broncos are just using him to try and muddy up the QB market waters.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,240.20
It's all fun to speculate isn't it?

Still pretty pointless to take much of anything from any of these reporters as anything other than that. Even when they get some kind of direct quote from someone associated with some team there's no way to know the motives of that person in why they are saying what they are saying.

I wonder how much value there actually is for teams to chum up the waters though. It keeps them being mentioned so I guess in terms of no publicity is bad publicity it can serve a purpose, but in terms of actually affecting how another team is going to draft I have no idea.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,300.48
https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/04/jets-st ... -says.html

Still not proof he can be "fixed", but still interesting to hear from a player about how things were being run there....

I'm a dudette. Image
Blue Shark
Sand$: 415.78
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Darnold came into the league error prone and needing coached up. It's why I thought he made a mistake declaring when he did. He needed more seasoning and he wasn't going to get it from a bad team picking him in the top 5. Then he went to arguably the worst possible situation who then hired the worst possible coach to develop him.

I dont know if he can be fixed, but nothing that happened the last 2 years matters. It's like Baker's 2019 but on a much larger scale. Expect signs of life by December, but the project may not be complete til 22.

Is it possible Baker just bought into his own hype too much after a phenomenal rookie year?

QBs have a bad season here or there all the time. The difference is that Darnold's eclipsed a 3 year window... which is very different from Baker's 2019.

I just don't agree that you can give Darnold a free pass for 3 years of bad play... but we'll see what he does in 2021. :thumbright:

If you're curious about what happened with the Browns in 2019 sign up for the orange and brown report and happy reading. It was pure chaos. It takes an Andrew Luck caliber young quarterback to over come that level of dysfunction, no matter if it was a year or 2+

=D> =D> Truth
Last edited by PigskinPete22 on Wed 04.28.2021, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 415.78
endzoneview wrote:
“Whether I look bad or not [for trading Darnold], I could give two s—s about that,” Douglas said, with a laugh. “I know that he’s gonna have success. The timing didn’t really work out for him here. We couldn’t turn this around fast enough for him. And that’s not his fault. I root for good people, and that dude’s a good man, and he’s gonna do good things. I believe that.”

I agree entirely. Love Darnolds mental makeup. One gets caught up into a bad situation and it spirals out of control. His career is a good place right now to move on and grow. Win Win for both teams imo. I root for Darnold big time.
Great White Shark
Panthers traded Bridgewater to the Broncos...

Does this make them more likely to draft whichever QB drops to them? Or do they actually think Darnold is their answer for the next few years.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,772.76
Teddy was gone regardless.

I think the Panthers can just let the draft come to them. If Fields or Lance falls in their lap then great.

If none of the top QB’s fall, or they decide to go with a different position or a trade down, then they let Darnold do his thing next year, and if he sucks, they can go after Sam Howell in 2022. Which the locals would love.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
I suppose the other part of the question then is does anything change for the Broncos?

I mean I think Lock sucks, and Bridgewater is just a place holder, but if you don't have anyone you want to develop what's the point of him?

I guess from what the Broncos have been saying they are not going to look at a QB, but maybe they trade out now.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,772.76
If they have been saying that, then the Broncos are liars. They damn sure will look at QB’s. And then if someone like Fields lands in their laps, Lock will end up on someone’s practice squad. Arians seems to give a shot to every wayward former first rounder.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
You give the Broncos too much credit.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,949.74
The Broncos are only paying 3 mil of Teddy's salary. That's acceptable backup money.
They can say what they want, but they should absolutely still be in the market for a QB. It's good to have some decent backups available, which is what Teddy/Lock should be viewed as. But if they're confident one is a starter - that's pathetic.

I'm a dude.
Sand$: 41,829.69
SJSwarm wrote:If they have been saying that, then the Broncos are liars. They damn sure will look at QB’s. And then if someone like Fields lands in their laps, Lock will end up on someone’s practice squad. Arians seems to give a shot to every wayward former first rounder.

this
Sand$: 41,829.69
FantasyHussy wrote:The Broncos are only paying 3 mil of Teddy's salary. That's acceptable backup money.
They can say what they want, but they should absolutely still be in the market for a QB. It's good to have some decent backups available, which is what Teddy/Lock should be viewed as. But if they're confident one is a starter - that's pathetic.

and this
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,463.26
Possibly that