Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 83,704.16
This is a catch all thread for discussion rookie draft related. Rankings, tiers, pick value, whatever. The divine comedy draft just started and house of bourbon will follow directly. Info that many of us share may be vague for a coupletwotree days, but once those drafts are complete I'm sure you'll see quite a bit of discussion about specific players will ramp up quickly.

I'll say this much regarding my board: I have 22 players broken up into 6 "tiers" before the big cliff. How 8 have those 22 ranked is in a constant fine tuning process, but once those 22 are gone, I'll be entering a second phase of the draft, strategically.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,300.48
Does that 22 players include IDP?

I'm a dudette. Image
Supreme Megalodon
Yes

Great White Shark
Sand$: 53,727.92
If I had a superpower that was absolutely useless it would be talking myself into drafting some kind of slappy and how this dude is absolutely the guy.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,143.48
getdownmmmkay wrote:This is a catch all thread for discussion rookie draft related. Rankings, tiers, pick value, whatever. The divine comedy draft just started and house of bourbon will follow directly. Info that many of us share may be vague for a coupletwotree days, but once those drafts are complete I'm sure you'll see quite a bit of discussion about specific players will ramp up quickly.

I'll say this much regarding my board: I have 22 players broken up into 6 "tiers" before the big cliff. How 8 have those 22 ranked is in a constant fine tuning process, but once those 22 are gone, I'll be entering a second phase of the draft, strategically.

This class is deeper than 22 (IDP), but it falls off earlier than I thought it would a month ago. The late 1st-early 3rd is a fascinating mess full of land and gold mines.
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,766.50
So as I observed first hand in the Divine Comedy draft, there's a group of 7 players that should make up the first 7 picks very easily. And then.. good luck. Depending how you feel about a/o need a QB they can start making sense in the back half of round 1, but all the skill position players after the top 7 are a jumbled mess.

For me, I didn't need another WR and it basically came down to Carter vs Sermon. Carter has an easier avenue to 2021 value at the moment, but don't think he has Sermon's upside. The fact that SF traded up for him makes me believe they really valued him, and while his inconsistency is really concerning as it relates to gaining enough of a workload to become more than an RB3/flex level RB for fantasy, I'll take the ceiling and having Mostert already sets up a nice bridge moving into the future.

I'll say I don't think any of the IDPs are worth a first rounder at this moment. There's too wide a range of outcomes with Parsons for me to invest a 1st rounder in him. Very high upside, but also a potentially low floor.

Interested to see how the rest of round 2/3 play out.

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,953.78
Non-idp talking point: This is a dreadful rookie class.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
FantasyHussy wrote:Non-idp talking point: This is a dreadful rookie class.

Whole heartedly disagree - the NFL surprised me in their valuation of RB and that will cause WR's not to fall as far as I thought they would in April though.
Supreme Megalodon
The Divine Comedy...

ROUND 1
1.01 - HUMONGOUS - Najee Harris RB, PIT
1.02 - Pebble Beach Bagpipers - Ja'Marr Chase WR, CIN
1.03 - Mobtown Leprechauns - Travis Etienne RB, JAX
1.04 - Bawstin Edge - Javonte Williams RB, DEN
1.05 - The Guild of Calamitous Intent - Kyle Pitts TE, ATL
1.06 - The Guild of Calamitous Intent - Jaylen Waddle WR, MIA
1.07 - Deadpool's Deadbeats - Devonta Smith WR, PHI
1.08 - HUMONGOUS - Trevor Lawrence QB, JAX
1.09 - Tulsa Tornadoes - Trey Sermon RB, SFO
1.10 - HUMONGOUS - Micah Parsons LB, DAL
1.11 - The Chocolate Town Stallion - Trey Lance QB, SFO
1.12 - Cleveland Steamers - Justin Fields QB, CHI

Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:

Whole heartedly disagree - the NFL surprised me in their valuation of RB and that will cause WR's not to fall as far as I thought they would in April though.

From my vantage point, Zack Moss would have been RB3 in this draft class, and guys like Smith/Waddle would have been late first-rounders at best in rookie drafts last year. The QB and TE crop is solid, but I think the 2nd round is a graveyard at RB/WR. There's some nice upside picks out there, but it'll require a lot of squinting.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
FantasyHussy wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

From my vantage point, Zack Moss would have been RB3 in this draft class, and guys like Smith/Waddle would have been late first-rounders at best in rookie drafts last year. The QB and TE crop is solid, but I think the 2nd round is a graveyard at RB/WR. There's some nice upside picks out there, but it'll require a lot of squinting.

See, I think Moss is an average player - he'd be at least 5th for me in this crop. I thought similar about Vaughn and Singletary. And I got others wrong (Montgomery going one way, Henderson the other), but I thought all but Henderson were average RB's. I don't think there is a meaningful difference between them and someone like Gainwell or Stevenson. So I'm left wondering if the NFL adjusted and started shoving these types further down the bored and not that they're necessarily of lower quality than the 3rd and 4th rounders from recent years. That change in draft capital is a needle mover in our game though.
Supreme Megalodon
Fair enough. I'm let down by the lack of top-shelf talent in this class, but it certainly is deep with slot-monsters and RB3-types (whether its a third-down back like Gainwell or early-down grinder like Sermon)

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:The Divine Comedy...

ROUND 1
1.01 - HUMONGOUS - Najee Harris RB, PIT
1.02 - Pebble Beach Bagpipers - Ja'Marr Chase WR, CIN
1.03 - Mobtown Leprechauns - Travis Etienne RB, JAX
1.04 - Bawstin Edge - Javonte Williams RB, DEN
1.05 - The Guild of Calamitous Intent - Kyle Pitts TE, ATL
1.06 - The Guild of Calamitous Intent - Jaylen Waddle WR, MIA
1.07 - Deadpool's Deadbeats - Devonta Smith WR, PHI
1.08 - HUMONGOUS - Trevor Lawrence QB, JAX
1.09 - Tulsa Tornadoes - Trey Sermon RB, SFO
1.10 - HUMONGOUS - Micah Parsons LB, DAL
1.11 - The Chocolate Town Stallion - Trey Lance QB, SFO