Packer Qb controversy?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 53,351.14
ImageImageImage

Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,721.14
Griffimo wrote:

I'm getting tired of this story continually trying to put Rodgers and Brady on the same level. They aren't. Being widely regarded as the GOAT and having 4 more Superbowl rings (Brady has 6 of course but not counting the most recent one) means you have lots more leeway in asking for things and getting what you want. Never mind the fact that Brady lobbying for things like Gronk and Brown has been disputed by all sides anyway.

Not to mention the fact that Rodgers just doesn't even seem like a likable guy. Brady comes off as a diva, but Rodgers just comes off as a rump. There's an old saying about catching flies with honey... I have a feeling Brady takes a "honey" approach (if he takes any at all) whereas Rodgers just complains.

I'm not saying the GB FO hasn't colossally mishandled things - they obviously have. I just think the Brady comparisons are off the mark.

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
How about if I call it a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones comp and the way those teams have surrounded their qbs with talented pass catchers?

I'll edit Dak in here so it's not just rookie qb contracts
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,721.14
Well the lack of surrounding him with talent is one of a few things the GB FO has mishandled.

And I wasn't leveling that criticism against you, Griff, or anyone in particular in the Tank. But the media talking heads just can't seem to resist comparing his situation to Brady. I'm just saying I disagree that these situations are 2 sides of the same coin.

I'm a dudette. Image
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 949.06
bunnywafer wrote:Well the lack of surrounding him with talent is one of a few things the GB FO has mishandled.

And I wasn't leveling that criticism against you, Griff, or anyone in particular in the Tank. But the media talking heads just can't seem to resist comparing his situation to Brady. I'm just saying I disagree that these situations are 2 sides of the same coin.

Invoking Brady's name will bring clicks and eyeballs.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,008.36
Griffimo wrote:How about if I call it a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones comp and the way those teams have surrounded their qbs with talented pass catchers?

I'll edit Dak in here so it's not just rookie qb contracts

Russell Wilson, Big Ben and Patrick Mahomes are probably the best comps as far as "active starting NFL QBs with super bowl rings who are not named Tom Brady".
Last edited by mikeraphon on Mon 05.03.2021, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
mikeraphon wrote:
Griffimo wrote:How about if I call it a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones comp and the way those teams have surrounded their qbs with talented pass catchers?

I'll edit Dak in here so it's not just rookie qb contracts[/quote

Russell Wilson, Big Ben and Patrick Mahomes are probably the best comps as far as "active starting NFL QBs with super bowl rings who are not named Tom Brady".

it was comparing pass catching crews not rings
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,008.36
Griffimo wrote:

Yep, how have Seattle, Pittsburgh and KC surrounded their comparable QB with offensive talent vs how GB has handled it?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,000.44
Maybe kc, the others really havnt gone out of there way to help there QBs. Pitt drafts wr in tfe 2nd and 3rd , Seattle just had and issue with Russell for the same thing.

My problem here is he doesn’t get along with his family, had a problem with mccarthy, had a problem with la fluer, has a problem with the gm. All I keep hearing about how the guy doesn’t get along with anybody. It’s just a really odd relationship.

Again I’m not saying that he isn’t being treated as fairly, but come on, you don’t just draft A Qb out of the first for no reason.
Last edited by rugger48 on Mon 05.03.2021, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,352.50
In other news water is wet?

The Packers don't owe Rodgers anything and Rodgers doesn't owe the Packers anything. Other than whatever is in the contract they both signed.

How far should a team go to keep the face of the franchise happy? How much crap should the face take from the franchise?

Those may be obvious questions to ask, but there are not obvious answers. Also doesn't help that neither side is going to say anything to the media until *after* whatever the resolution is happens, so all we will get is a bunch of people who don't actually know anything giving their opinions.

I guess that fun sometimes, but the more I see it happen the less I care and the more I want to just openly mock anyone who takes any of it seriously.
Great White Shark
Megalodon
Sand$: 56,925.38
Steve does look a lot like Rodgers. He'll retire then travel back in time to live with Peggy.

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,317.54
mikeraphon wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

Yep, how have Seattle, Pittsburgh and KC surrounded their comparable QB with offensive talent vs how GB has handled it?

KC does not always get it right, but they work hard to maximize Mahomes and listen to him. Why would they not? He's got good instincts. When he was beginning they overpaid for Watkins to make sure he had a good third option on offense. They listen to his input in the draft. They focus their resources on facilitating him, which just makes sense. This year they overhauled the O line to keep him upright. Hell, they keep his buddy Gherig Dieter on the roster just to keep him happy.

I think that good teams listen to their talent and give them a voice.
Great White Shark
no we must make sure that the guy that is in the top of his field is absolutely miserable for him to achieve success
Great White Shark