2021 Rookies: RB edition

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,854.96
Yeah Hawkins is definitely a guy who can be a real life contributor but not a fantasy option.

#FIREGRUDEN
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,638.66
id be all over Hawkins if he went to SF in that Zone Scheme...i think he'd be like another Mostert. I think i'd even reach a bit to get him.

Saw one mock with him going in the 5th to SF

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,721.14
bluemist wrote:Desire/Effort/Heart. The relentless drive to be the very best. Quantify it in whatever terms you are most comfortable with, but IMO these traits are often more indicative of success in professional athletics. Certainly, physical talent is a must, but what separates the great ones seems to be an inner fire. That is why they miss on so many draftees. The testing for those traits simply does not exist.

I tend to agree, not sure it's the be-all-end-all trait but certainly very important and difficult to measure. I think it shows up on film a bit though. Like if you see a player being lazy in their routes or something like that.

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,389.50
OarChambo wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:all his rankings are like this though...but yes. That guy Hawkins. I passed him up thinking he was too small...looked at his tape yesterday and its :thumbright:

Yeah, I dunno if there's a situation in which I'll consider him in our game, but if I were a fan of a team with a creative OC in need of an all purpose CoP I'd be excited about him.
Hawkins would be a nice fit for Cincy in the 5th IMO. Especially if they address the OL early and often.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,721.14
bluemist wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:all his rankings are like this though...but yes. That guy Hawkins. I passed him up thinking he was too small...looked at his tape yesterday and its :thumbright:

Yeah, I dunno if there's a situation in which I'll consider him in our game, but if I were a fan of a team with a creative OC in need of an all purpose CoP I'd be excited about him.
Hawkins would be a nice fit for Cincy in the 5th IMO. Especially if they address the OL early and often.

That could be a nice fit. Pollack is talking about bringing back the wide zone blocking scheme to Cincy, which I think fits Hawkins' skill set. And while I won't pretend he can step in and be Gio, I think he might have better receiving chops than he got to show in college. He played slot WR in high school.

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,389.50
bunnywafer wrote:
bluemist wrote:Desire/Effort/Heart. The relentless drive to be the very best. Quantify it in whatever terms you are most comfortable with, but IMO these traits are often more indicative of success in professional athletics. Certainly, physical talent is a must, but what separates the great ones seems to be an inner fire. That is why they miss on so many draftees. The testing for those traits simply does not exist.

I tend to agree, not sure it's the be-all-end-all trait but certainly very important and difficult to measure. I think it shows up on film a bit though. Like if you see a player being lazy in their routes or something like that.
Agree that it is only one of several factors, as Oar pointed out, but to me it is one of the few traits that analytics struggle to accurately measure. Think about how many times we see a guy have a great "contract year" and then become a dog after the big payday. Some position groups are probably more affected by this than others IMO. O-linemen, for example, often have very similar measurables, yet some later round guys succeed seemingly through effort more than natural physical ability.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
bluemist wrote: O-linemen, for example, often have very similar measurables, yet some later round guys succeed seemingly through effort more than natural physical ability.

Well yeah, a lot of later round OL's are just good at being big and fat in high school and college, and then they are exposed to NFL caliber training and facilities. The ones who choose to put in the work required to be great succeed.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 83,779.20
this draft is pretty deep at the top, i gotta say. i'm fully five deep in my pre-draft top tier.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Welp, even Etienne's new coach said he's a 3rd down back.

#FIREGRUDEN
Megalodon
Sand$: 54,510.86
Seems like a luxury pick by the Jaguars. When you're drafting #1 overall, you probably shouldn't be spending 1st-round picks on an RB.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,915.96
Jcb890 wrote:Seems like a luxury pick by the Jaguars. When you're drafting #1 overall, you probably shouldn't be spending 1st-round picks on an RB.

I love JRob, but he’s not breaking off chunks. They both can serve a purpose.
Megalodon
Sand$: 54,510.86
hankrip wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Seems like a luxury pick by the Jaguars. When you're drafting #1 overall, you probably shouldn't be spending 1st-round picks on an RB.

I love JRob, but he’s not breaking off chunks. They both can serve a purpose.
I don't disagree and it's nothing against Etienne or meant to be praise for Robinson either. The team had the worst record in the league, a first round pick is better spent elsewhere.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,008.36
Watching some Michael Carter tape and i'm getting a Kareem Hunt or Austin Ekeler vibe from him.