Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,223.34
"Todd Gurley visits team X"

The only appropriate response from fantasy managers:

I'm a dude.
Sand$: 32,592.47
I guess the Ravens are looking to fill that break in case of emergency veteran role that Mark Ingram had last year.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,130.56
I think it is more likely that teams are just bringing Gurley in for workouts to do their due diligence and see if he has anything left in the tank.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,763.36
My impression from last year was that Dobbins was getting the majority of the goal line work, not Edwards (or Ingram).

Is that a false impression?

Both of those guys had similar touches per game, but Dobbins outproduced Edwards, kind of significantly in terms of ypa (6 to 5). I think Edwards really needed to go somewhere else to become anything other than rb2/flex (which is still good of course), because I don't see Dobbins getting less work, and if he gets more then Edwards becomes super dependent on TDs, and if he's not seeing goal line work...
I remember Edwards being in at the goal line more than Dobbins.

edit - had to look it up real quick

8 of Dobbins 9 rushing TD's were from 5 yards out. 4 of those from the 2 yard line, 1 of those from the 1 yard line

Edwards had 3 TD's from the 1 yard line.

Not sure about attempts from that close.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,154.16
I hope Baltimore does not pick up Gurley as he is visiting today. It would be awful for the RB's in Baltimore.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,439.24
Grid Iron G wrote:I hope Baltimore does not pick up Gurley as he is visiting today. It would be awful for the RB's in Baltimore.

Because he'd be a constant reminder of their own mortality.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 65,551.00
I assume he's looking for anything over the veteran min
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,566.87
BAL was fishing and why not.

He'll get a deal, maybe slightly above vet min for a RB needy team at some point. ATL, CIN would be near the top of that list.

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
I doubt he’ll go back to Atlanta or they’ll want him

I doubt Cincy would be a team to pay more than the min

He’ll probably need an injury to sign somewhere but I’ll guess Adrian Peterson is probably ahead of him on GM speed dials.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,514.84
I think teams don't want to guarantee him anything beyond Sep 1. They want their medical staff to give him a full cavity search. Gurley doesn't want to deal with training camp. And if he is going to gain any leverage it won't be until after August injuries/sucktitude as ezv eluded.

I'm expecting a 2 month game of chicken with reporters manufacturing nonsense to maintain clicks in between.
^ all true

And like Swarm says, this is just teams updating their contact list. They do it all the time but because Gurley is a name that still registers to get clicks (as Oar said), everyone is going to report/tweet it. Same thing will happen if Le'veon Bell gets a call. We'll never hear if Bo Scarborough or Ito Smith is brought in for a visit.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,130.56
Gurley looked washed last year. Isn't his knee bone on bone? Or am I thinking of someone else?

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,715.06
FantasyHussy wrote:You're probably not high enough on Gus Edwards.

In 2021, he had the highest percentage of runs for 1st downs/TDs in the NFL last year (Kamara was second). 7th in Yards After Contact. One of only three backs to average 2.6+ YAC the past 3 seasons (the others: Henry and Chubb)

Three years in the NFL, three seasons of 700+ yards/5+ypc. He is one of only two players in NFL history who can claim that that sort of efficiency.

Part of the most prolific rushing offense in the league that has attempted at least 555 carries each of the past two seasons. He had 22% of the carries in 2019, and 26% last year.

Even with the backfield being cleared out and him being the backup to Dobbins, the sheer volume makes him a shoo-in for 140 carries, and perhaps 170+ if he can get closer to 30% of the teams total rushes (entirely reasonable). All told, he was RB28 last year. Lowend RB2 numbers that you can expect again at a bare minimum this year.

But what if Dobbins gets hurt? There's no need to explain how devastating Edwards may be in a feature role with Lamar opening up running lanes. Gus has received 20+ carries in his career three times. In those games, he had 118, 82, and 130 rushing yards.

And how about dynasty leagues? Remember Michael Turner? A bruising, highly efficient backup to Ladainian Tomlinson, Turner got his chance to be a starter with Atlanta after entering free agency. All he did was produce three top 10 RB seasons, and two other RB2 seasons. Neither will offer you much as a receiver - but as Turner proved, it only matters so much when you run over everybody and rack up lots of touchdowns.

Gus will be a free agent after this season. There aren't 32 RBs in the league better than him.

I hope you bought a seat on the Gus Bus.

I agree they paid him for a reason, this is a heavy rushing offense and Edwards currently presents the best value for his draft position at this time... Especially in Bestball..

-Nic

twitter @nicdolas